TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the other hand, shortly after the remains were found, which was long after the phone was recovered, Mr. Whites's brother expressed his belief that his brother's body had been dumped by a killer. That argues against embarrassment-induced silence, no?
Possibly. But only the brother spoke. No one else. The brother may not have been as close to Alan or the situation as the others. We don't know all the family dynamics.

Individuals process grief, tragedy, and loss very differently. I think there are so many ways the family’s relative silence could be interpreted, for example:

+ They strongly suspect Alan died of suicide, and view that as shameful and therefore are quiet
+ They strongly suspect Alan died at the hands of someone he willingly met, view that connection as shameful and therefore are quiet
+ They are generally “rule followers” and have taken LE’s advice to stay quite
+ They view the media as distrustful and don’t want to engage
+ 1000x other configurations.

One thing I have learned from WebSleuths is how truly different individuals are in their assumptions and personal biases. I often read a post that says “person X behaved in this way, therefore they must be thinking Y” and totally agree - only to see so many comments that say “oh no, I’d behave that way if I thought the OPPOSITE of Y”

It really could be so many things. My guess is that his husband prefers his privacy, and the mother/brother/niece (I think the niece was on Websleuths briefly) are deferring to the husband. If there was the slightest hint of something untoward on his phone, I’m sure the media would be ALL over it, to the great detriment of his memory. I hope to never be in his husband’s position, but he’s reacting the way I imagine I would. JMO.

I’m not suggesting there was anything untoward on the phone…but I’ve been around long enough to know that if, say, the husband texted “grab a bottle of Merlot for the dinner with A & B tomorrow,” the headline would be “booze-soaked rendezvous with mystery couple.”

It really could be so many things. My guess is that his husband prefers his privacy, and the mother/brother/niece (I think the niece was on Websleuths briefly) are deferring to the husband. If there was the slightest hint of something untoward on his phone, I’m sure the media would be ALL over it, to the great detriment of his memory. I hope to never be in his husband’s position, but he’s reacting the way I imagine I would. JMO.

I’m not suggesting there was anything untoward on the phone…but I’ve been around long enough to know that if, say, the husband texted “grab a bottle of Merlot for the dinner with A & B tomorrow,” the headline would be “booze-soaked rendezvous with mystery couple.”
It's not the actual behavior (as I know everyone reacts differently) but the changes in behavior that make me suspect the individuals close know something. The husband and mother were on TV, then stopped. The niece was here then gone. Something caused a change in behavior and the timing seems very close to when the car and phone were found.
I don't mean this as any kind of insult to them. They are perfectly within their rights to be vocal or be silent. I just think something happened that changed their behavior from vocal to silent.

It's not the actual behavior (as I know everyone reacts differently) but the changes in behavior that make me suspect the individuals close know something. The husband and mother were on TV, then stopped. The niece was here then gone. Something caused a change in behavior and the timing seems very close to when the car and phone were found.
I don't mean this as any kind of insult to them. They are perfectly within their rights to be vocal or be silent. I just think something happened that changed their behavior from vocal to silent.

I think we’re saying the same thing :). I think that the “something” was revealed in a search of his phone.

Yeah, kinda like it became clear at some point to family who did it. And the bro thinks he knows who dumped the body. And they're waiting silently for LE make the case. I'm leaning toward it being someone who knew Mr. White.

Yeah, kinda like it became clear at some point to family who did it. And the bro thinks he knows who dumped the body. And they're waiting silently for LE make the case. I'm leaning toward it being someone who knew Mr. White.
Wow. I don’t know why I can’t wrap my head around that given the circumstances it seemed so random. Of course statistically it’s someone close so not surprising but…

Wow. I don’t know why I can’t wrap my head around that given the circumstances it seemed so random. Of course statistically it’s someone close so not surprising but…
Yeah, statistically killer usually close to victim. Plus, Mr. White's last known location was only a mile from home! Seems unlikely, but could it be he actually made it home that morn?!

I think he met up with someone in the area but not on his actual street.
I just think if the suspect had been caught on any home security cameras in the neighborhood, there should have been an arrest by now, so I assume they met elsewhere, unfortunately away from cameras.
JMO.

Yeah, statistically killer usually close to victim. Plus, Mr. White's last known location was only a mile from home! Seems unlikely, but could it be he actually made it home that morn?!

I believe that his home had surveillance cameras and he never appeared there that morning. I believe that is what I have read.

I appreciate all of you who are preserving some dignity for AW in death, and being sensitive to his traumatized family. There are always some who are looking for a salacious angle, and attempt to turn a tragedy in to a tabloid story. Fortunately, few of those types roam on WS threads, or are quickly moderated.

Whatever transpired, we will know soon enough.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Amazing how long this case lingers w/o a peep. Like a decades old cold case.

It has been lingering on for nearly a year now. Seems like there should be some news, somewhere about what really happened after this long. It is like the powers that be have completely forgotten about the case - no word from anyone.

Well, got a response from the office of the Texas Attorney General, who said what I was expecting - they cannot share information. However, this does at least confirm the case is still open, and his autopsy has been completed. Also, it mentions it, but I have not received the email correspondence from the office of Detective Barnes yet- if I do receive it I'll share it as well.
upload_2021-9-29_8-9-17.png

Well, got a response from the office of the Texas Attorney General, who said what I was expecting - they cannot share information. However, this does at least confirm the case is still open, and his autopsy has been completed. Also, it mentions it, but I have not received the email correspondence from the office of Detective Barnes yet- if I do receive it I'll share it as well.
View attachment 315289[/

Thank you for making the effort!

View attachment 315289
Thank you for making the effort. Maybe someday we will learn more about what is going on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296
Back