TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, got a response from the office of the Texas Attorney General, who said what I was expecting - they cannot share information. However, this does at least confirm the case is still open, and his autopsy has been completed. Also, it mentions it, but I have not received the email correspondence from the office of Detective Barnes yet- if I do receive it I'll share it as well.
View attachment 315289
Thank you, your efforts are much appreciated. Now we know the investigation is open and active, and Barnes is still the lead detective on the case.

I especially liked his second post, see @ link - https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-barnes-4855bb67/detail/recent-activity/shares/

So, now it has been a full year since Allan disappeared and no one seems to know anything. I have seen on "True Crime Society" where his brother Tim has made a post where he states that it was homicide but still nothing from Law Enforcement. Seems very strange that so little information has been released.

So, now it has been a full year since Allan disappeared and no one seems to know anything. I have seen on "True Crime Society" where his brother Tim has made a post where he states that it was homicide but still nothing from Law Enforcement. Seems very strange that so little information has been released.
Yeah, like they know who did it and are striving for a tight case. Cuz if they've no idea who did it no one - not the partner, the bro, LE - has since the remains were found put out a call for tips/info.

Thinking of Alan's family today :(

Dallas Voice
White case isn’t cold

DALLASVOICE.COM

It has been a year since Alan White was murdered, but police assure community the investigation remains active
DAVID TAFFET | Senior Staff Writer
taffet@dallasvoice.com

Oct. 22 marked one year since the disappearance of Alan White. While police have not arrested anyone or named any suspects in his murder, Dallas police this week assured the LGBTQ community that the case is still open and still being investigated.

Dallas Police LGBT liaison Megan Thomas said this case has “definitely not moved to cold case status.” The rules for moving an investigation to cold case status aren’t hard and fast, she said, but the general guideline is that if investigators have found no leads within about a year, they would consider closing the active investigation.

Homicide cases might remain active longer, she said. And in this case, it’s less than six months since Alan White’s body was found.

White’s body was located in a field in South Dallas, he was taken to the medical examiner’s office where toxicology tests were done and an autopsy performed. Results were not released to the public. But as a result of the autopsy, police began calling the case a homicide rather than a missing person case and, later, an unexplained death.

Thomas said there are a number of reasons police don’t reveal autopsy information. “The public is not always given all of the information,” she said. “It’s all about solving the case,” and releasing some of the information investigators have might hinder the investigation.

When asked if something from the autopsy might verify whether information someone calls in is valid, Thomas suggested that question might have come from having watched too much TV, as did the question of police choosing not to release autopsy results because those results might include information only the killer would know.

“Police are following up on every lead that comes in,” Thomas reassured, going on to describe the detectives in the Dallas Police Department as a different breed of cop. “They have a drive to get every case solved,” she said.

But this case, she agreed, is particularly frustrating.
White case isn’t cold - Dallas Voice

From the article:

“As the family waits for justice, they buried Alan next to his dad and brother in his home state of West Virginia.”

Huh.
Yes. Alan had an older brother who passed away a year or so before Alan. I believe that it devastated his Mom (naturally). Very sad that she now has lost two sons.

JMO.

Yes. Alan had an older brother who passed away a year or so before Alan. I believe that it devastated his Mom (naturally). Very sad that she now has lost two sons.

JMO.
Completely agree. I was familiar with Alan’s brother’s rather recent passing, and you are right, I can’t even begin to imagine what his mom must be going through.

I was just surprised because I’d assumed he’d be buried in Dallas since that’s where his spouse still resides (as far as I’m aware). Maybe his husband is from West Virginia, too? I have no idea.

Completely agree. I was familiar with Alan’s brother’s rather recent passing, and you are right, I can’t even begin to imagine what his mom must be going through.

I was just surprised because I’d assumed he’d be buried in Dallas since that’s where his spouse still resides (as far as I’m aware). Maybe his husband is from West Virginia, too? I have no idea.
They could have a family plot there, and there could be one there for RJ as well.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I didn't think that was odd, many families have plots. It's my impression his spouse has remained close to Alan's family, I believe he hails from LA.

Also,, after the 2001 crime, Perez apparently fled to Mexico and used the victim's credit cards. If Perez has been maybe hiding out in Mexico all this time, of course Texas (Alan) wouldn't have been so far away. The 2001 case was in Farmington Hills, MI but the possible link from there to Mexico and then Mexico/Texas just made it seem not so far-fetched. Maybe he wanted the car and ditched it when the heat was on. Maybe he THOUGHT Alan would have money and/or credit cards but did not. Not sure on that part but just some of the other surrounding circumstances seemed so similar.
I can't stop thinking of the similarities in the 2001 Edgardo Perez case and Alan's as they both involve: an older gay male couple, both of which just happened to be having some sort of work done on their homes and in both instances there was mention of a gym - 2001 case, guy met "Eddie" (as he called himself) at a gym and then Alan goes missing right after being at a gym. Okay, I'll shut up now :) Just had to add that little bit. It's just really bugging me!

I can't stop thinking of the similarities in the 2001 Edgardo Perez case and Alan's as they both involve: an older gay male couple, both of which just happened to be having some sort of work done on their homes and in both instances there was mention of a gym - 2001 case, guy met "Eddie" (as he called himself) at a gym and then Alan goes missing right after being at a gym. Okay, I'll shut up now :) Just had to add that little bit. It's just really bugging me!
Interesting. I will have to research the case you mention.
I have always stated I think the gym plays a big role in this case...

Amateur opinion and speculation

Have the Dallas PD ever said outright that Alan was murdered or was the victim of foul play?

I find it interesting that his brother states, “we really want to know what is the cause of his demise" in the MSN article above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back