TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This still screams intelligent carjacking to me. They get in the car under threat of violence, thinking it might contain nice things since it's a nice car. At some point they kill and dispose of Alan. They strip the car of all untrackable sellable items ie metals n screen equipment and leave the actual car and his phone. Pretty high stakes crime for such little reward, but I guess criminals don't know what they're getting into until theyve already begun.

The problem is a random carjacking theory does not explain what seem to be unusual actions by the victim before the car jacking, such as leaving the gym after a very short time, the entering and exiting the gas station building, the supposed lingering in the parking lot next to the gas station.

Pretty much from day 1 I've been of the opinion that it appears as if Alan was planning to meet someone, and that meeting went terribly wrong. If the methods used to set up the meeting were clandestine, for whatever reason, that is likely a stumbling block for investigators. That said, no matter what/who/how, if this man was in fact murdered, I do hope his killer is identified and brought to justice.

jmo

The problem is a random carjacking theory does not explain what seem to be unusual actions by the victim before the car jacking, such as leaving the gym after a very short time, the entering and exiting the gas station building, the supposed lingering in the parking lot next to the gas station.

Correct. But they may be unrelated.

Sorry if I'm getting info wrong, but I thought Alan arrived at gym at 5am and left around 5:40-6 because he had a 7:30 meeting and I'm guessing he wanted time to shower, eat, etc? Maybe had some documents to review prior to meeting? Family hasn't commented on the gym time being unusual, but tbh family hasn't commented on much.
And if the entering/lingering was unusual for him (he didnt buy anything in the gas station building i think), it could reinforce a carjacking theory if he had been initially targeted in the gas station, and saw suspicious characters or suspicious activity. Maybe he wanted to enter the gas station for protection because he felt uneasy, or he was going to inform the attendant but then changed his mind. This has already been mentioned but he could have been looking for a specific post-workout food item or coffee drink, and the store didn't carry it so he left.

Sorry if I'm getting info wrong, but I thought Alan arrived at gym at 5am and left around 5:40-6 because he had a 7:30 meeting and I'm guessing he wanted time to shower, eat, etc? Maybe had some documents to review prior to meeting? Family hasn't commented on the gym time being unusual, but tbh family hasn't commented on much.
And if the entering/lingering was unusual for him (he didnt buy anything in the gas station building i think), it could reinforce a carjacking theory if he had been initially targeted in the gas station, and saw suspicious characters or suspicious activity. Maybe he wanted to enter the gas station for protection because he felt uneasy, or he was going to inform the attendant but then changed his mind. This has already been mentioned but he could have been looking for a specific post-workout food item or coffee drink, and the store didn't carry it so he left.

Good ideas here, and I agree - I also don't believe his behavior was odd. Watching the gas pump video, I see someone who looks relaxed. Nor do I think he was "lingering". Haven't we all pulled over in a parking lot to read or compose a text? Check email? Check the weather?

As to the non-purchase at the gas station, I recall he didn't walk around looking at the merchandise. He was near the door and kind of scanning the store.

I do that too. Here's why: some gas stations have fresh fruit available and it's always near the entrance. So I'll dash in, scan the area and, because the odds are that there isn't any fresh produce, I leave in short order.

MOO - AW was on his way home to attend his meeting as planned and was intercepted.

Good ideas here, and I agree - I also don't believe his behavior was odd. Watching the gas pump video, I see someone who looks relaxed. Nor do I think he was "lingering". Haven't we all pulled over in a parking lot to read or compose a text? Check email? Check the weather?

As to the non-purchase at the gas station, I recall he didn't walk around looking at the merchandise. He was near the door and kind of scanning the store.

I do that too. Here's why: some gas stations have fresh fruit available and it's always near the entrance. So I'll dash in, scan the area and, because the odds are that there isn't any fresh produce, I leave in short order.

MOO - AW was on his way home to attend his meeting as planned and was intercepted.

I agree. There are hundreds of reasons to do what he did. Maybe he thought of surprising his husband with a flavored coffee drink but then remembered he’s trying Whole30. Maybe he was craving a specific breakfast sandwich but quickly realized he was at a Mobil, not a Wawa. Maybe he wanted a pack of gum but remembered he had an Amazon auto-shipment coming that afternoon. I’m just making these up but the list goes on and on and on. Not certain, but I’m inclined to think the gas station trip is relevant.

It is also possible he felt scared by something, ducked inside, but then felt rather silly and left.

Whatever it is, I suspect the family has a good idea as to whether the gas station is relevant or not.

JMO.

Does anyone know when a case becomes a "cold case"? I would suspect that when this case reaches the cold case level we will have even less information on what is going on. Or, do I just watch too many crime shows on TV?
I believe it's subjective on the part of PD when they consider a case 'a cold case'. I'm aware that often cases will not be given that label, even when it's justified, which stops people from accessing files thru FOIA among other things...

I posted about special investigation dated 12/1/19 (which obviously has nothing to do with Alan's case as it was a year earlier) but it made me wonder... when and why is a special investigation suspended? Is that akin to "a cold case"?

If someone had witnessed a possible carjacking on the route Alan likely drove (from RT gas station to his home)... is it possible they might have called 911 to report it?? Is it worth looking through the open data report for this type of call?

My only question is: was KPMG going to let Alan go? Was there any reason for Alan to dread the call? Otherwise keeping the status quo seems pretty good for everyone and I would lean towards a random carjacking.

From the early articles, there was no sign/indication/suggestion that it was anything but a routine conference call. 7 a.m. start times are pretty normal for businesses with offices located on multiple continents. Multiple articles mention that AW had a 'to-do' list for that day and that he and RJ had just bought plane tickets to see White's mother. (article 1) (article 2)

I personally don't think it's a random carjacking. AW being just a mile away from home, driving a loaner car, would suggest something 'personal', that whoever it was, was targeting AW, not just the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomirrin
Back