TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My only question is: was KPMG going to let Alan go? Was there any reason for Alan to dread the call? Otherwise keeping the status quo seems pretty good for everyone and I would lean towards a random carjacking.
That's a good question...I don't believe we've ever heard what the context of the call was, just that it was a 7am work-related conference call. I'm also assuming it was a routine call but you never know. Since Rusty was worried immediately when Alan didn't return, I'm guessing the timing was routine enough that Rusty knew what to expect from Alan?

With how cold this seems to have gone, I'm wondering if LE has feelers out, getting informed when car parts (we know his car was stripped, but it wasn't specified how thoroughly and what parts were taken) associated w/ a 2020 Porsche Macan have been sold/pawned/etc. Then again, if the perps are as intelligent as they seem to be so far, there must be pawn shops and scrap metal dealers that skirt around the law and wouldn't cooperate/be known to LE.

With how cold this seems to have gone, I'm wondering if LE has feelers out, getting informed when car parts (we know his car was stripped, but it wasn't specified how thoroughly and what parts were taken) associated w/ a 2020 Porsche Macan have been sold/pawned/etc. Then again, if the perps are as intelligent as they seem to be so far, there must be pawn shops and scrap metal dealers that skirt around the law and wouldn't cooperate/be known to LE.
The vehicle was recovered in full a week after Alan went missing, no?

it hasn't been publicly reported but it was included in Dallas OpenData PD reports that the car was found stripped ;) Full credit to diggndeeperstill who found that out first, but I didn't see their 2020 post so I re-brought it up last month.
The thing about the vehicle being stripped -- I feel that the vehicle was stripped at that location after it was dumped. I do not think that a car-jacker would take the vehicle to a garage to strip it and then drive what's left of it to that location to dump it.

The thing about the vehicle being stripped -- I feel that the vehicle was stripped at that location after it was dumped. I do not think that a car-jacker would take the vehicle to a garage to strip it and then drive what's left of it to that location to dump it.
Especially since new rims and tires are choice parts.
I'm skeptical of car-jacking as motive.
Suicide, love triangle, money/assets, or meet-up gone bad...

Last edited:
Especially since new rims and tires are choice parts.
I'm skeptical of car-jacking as motive.
Suicide, love triangle, money/assets, or meet-up gone bad...

It could have been a carjacking gone wrong. He may have intended to threaten Alan but accidentally killed him and then panicked and fled.

Or not even a carjacking - he may have just been after some quick $. Reasonable to presume a Porsche driver is likely to have more cash on hand than driver of an economy model.

It could have been a carjacking gone wrong. He may have intended to threaten Alan but accidentally killed him and then panicked and fled.

Or not even a carjacking - he may have just been after some quick $. Reasonable to presume a Porsche driver is likely to have more cash on hand than driver of an economy model.
the only scenario I find reasonable where someone would carjack without the intention of actually taking the vehicle for the value of the vehicle is to get out of the area fast. Like getting into a car and forcing the driver to keep driving after committing a different crime nearby. It seems like most cases of carjacking the driver is left behind - often injured. It doesn't feel like there were many opportunities for someone walking around that area to jump into the car in the short distance between the gas station and home.

Alan's behavior at the gas station combined with his husband's immediate panic makes me think this was a meetup gone bad -- perhaps drugs or a hookup or even to buy some item from craigs list or FB marketplace. Maybe he was murdered but we don't know the cause of death and unless we've seen official confirmation the police have called it both a homicide or an unexplained death - but with all the fentanyl on the streets this could even be an overdose where the dealer dumped him and bailed on him. A murder scenario would be whoever he met up with tried to rip him off and Alan resisted. From the video, the short gym visit, the account of him lingering before driving out of the parking lot -- that all gives me the impression that he was communicating with and trying to connect with someone else. We can assume that LE has access to all mobile comms that alan made in the time leading up to that morning and i suspect it lead to burner phone(s).

All this to say that i believe he went to the person that knows what happened to him or invited him into his car. These are all my own opinions.

Dunno. Lot of tightwads drive crap cars, keep their moola in the bank.

I feel that the vehicle was stripped at that location after it was dumped. I do not think that a car-jacker would take the vehicle to a garage to strip it and then drive what's left of it to that location to dump it.

Exactly, because after they've stripped it of nearly everything, it's probably not even going to be in a driveable condition!

I can’t even pretend to know what a person might do after carjacking a Porsche and killing the driver. I do know that criminals can strip a car any number of places, and LE has already told us the car was recovered from a well-known (to LE and criminals alike) dump site. One look at the area on Google maps can tell us that much.

CBE91C56-ED07-4A07-9F65-4731269CD046.jpeg

If the car was stripped, I think it’s just as likely it was stripped right there than anywhere else.

I have thought all the way through this case it was a straight up robbery carjacking gone wrong. There is SO much of that in the area AND Alan drove an eye catching vehicle. That eye catching vehicle really sealed the deal for me.

<modsnip> But I really think our tall handsome Alan was a straight up crime victim. SAD!! Decent chance it was an idiot minor too. For God’s sakes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the jury is still out on whether the car was “stripped” or not. Yes, there was the police incident report (assuming it was the correct vehicle, as the entry strangely also listed the Arlington PD..) in which they used the term “unk susp stripped”, but AW’s brother Tim said the car was in “fine condition” when it was found, and AW’s niece (thelastunicorn) indicated that only the car’s seats were wet and the tires muddy. Idk, maybe they were coached to say those things? Also, I believe AW’s phone was found in the car. Why wouldn’t “strippers” have taken the phone?

I just think we need to be careful not to presume that this was just a stolen car (steal it for a short ride and the parts) scenario. Because if you were going to do that, just take the car. No reason to take AW. Imo, I don’t think AW was killed just because somebody wanted to drive around in his car for a few hours and then steal some parts.

First, you could always steal the car at a different time - when you wouldn't have to go to the trouble and risk of killing the driver (like “give me the keys and get out of here!”). Also, they didn’t really take the car anywhere - and, they didn’t use the car for any real length of time.

And even if the seats were wet, if the car had truly been stripped, it seems like prints or DNA would’ve been left somewhere. No, a typical car theft just doesn’t make sense to me.

I do think suicide is a possibility, but I’m still not convinced that this wasn’t a crime - possibly a botched carjacking (a kidnapping-carjacking - NOT a car-theft-carjacking) for the purpose of robbing and extorting money from AW and his family (just like the attempted Hedgerow crime which occurred two weeks later approx 3 blocks from the Inwood and Lemmon intersection). I think it is possible that the perps were after more than just an ATM visit or two (plus, with ATM cctv, that’s just a good way to get caught).

But if they could hold AW hostage for a week or two in some S Dallas location, and carry out a few forced withdrawals - all while beginning negotiations with AW’s family for his ransom/release - well now your talking some real money.

But (if the above was even the plan), what if something went wrong before the ransom negotiations had even gotten underway, like.. what if both perps were arrested and held in jail for a totally different crime? Whoever was left holding AW in S Dallas would have had no other choice but to get rid of him.

Definitely all just wild speculation.

I sure wish there were some answers from LE for AW’s family. Just a really sad story

Last edited:
<modsnip>
He has a 7am call to attend at his house, was seen at the gas station around 6, either lingered in the Church's parking lot or drove through it for some reason, and had a less than 5 min drive to get home. Presumably he was planning on showering (as he left wearing his gym clothes so likely didnt shower in the facility) and eating when he got home prior to the meeting (all speculation). Rusty and Alan must have discussed that they'd both be getting home early because when Rusty arrived back at 6:15 and Alan wasn't there, he "thought it was odd", but "didn't think about it too much". When it got to 6:30, Rusty "knew something was wrong" and soon began to panic. If he was planning on meeting someone, wouldn't he have clued his husband in, or if we've thinking this was a secret encounter, gave him an excuse on why he'd be home later than usual? Whatever meeting he was theoretically planning, he'd have to wrap it up in ~10 minutes to not worry Rusty, and that's not counting driving time if the meeting was farther away from the area.
Of course, if you prescribe to the meeting theory, there are definitely encounters that can take less 10minutes, but imo that's just cutting it real tight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, and I'm just speculating, but if you're doing a secret meeting or some sort and you don't want your husband to know, wouldn't you plan to meet... more than a mile from your house? That's how far the gas station was. It just seems unnecessarily risky to sneak around so close to home where your husband will be returning shortly, and presumably people in the area might know and recognize him. He was already ~4 miles out when he was at the gym, why not organize something secretive around that area?

I tend to agree that the circumstances don’t line up IMO for a secret meeting (timeline is too tight, too close to husband’s location, etc.).

Perhaps a not-secret-from-husband meeting (e.g., FB marketplace sale) - but in that case I would be surprised if this was not eventually released by LE.

I also don’t lean towards self-harm.

Mostly I wish they’d release COD and I hope that LE has a lot more answers than we do!

Alan's brother has a public post on his facebook page. My thoughts are with Alan's family and all they endured and continue to endure while waiting for justice. He seems to have confidence in DPD, so that's good enough for me. I'll wait with them~

Murder for hire seems extremely unlikely to me. Hitman don’t get paid until there’s proof of death. And no one who’s ever seen Dateline would pay off based on a photo. If this was a hit, the body would have to have been placed somewhere it could be found quickly—so the $ could be collected.

I still think suicide is the thing that fits the facts the best, but my second choice would be a personal-type murder. Friend, rival, jealous co-worker, crazy neighbor, something like that.

Mr. White's been gone a year and a half now. They got video, the car, the phone, the data, the remains, the forensics by now, publicity, access to friends/family...yet, they apparently got nothing....weird.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back