TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My guess is his loved ones have a good enough idea of the circumstances of his murder. Some families seek justice and hold public vigils and others prefer to mourn quietly.
There could be a fear element as well. For all we know they might have been threatened to stay quiet?! Such a shady case, but aren't most of them!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Strangely, I guess we are now pushing two years without a clue as to what happened. Time for some action on this case? At least in my humble opinion!

And no comment from his loved ones for a long time either, as far as I know. Seems like they would still be bringing attention to the case if they thought foul play was involved. Maybe they know details that haven't and won't be released.

My guess is his loved ones have a good enough idea of the circumstances of his murder. Some families seek justice and hold public vigils and others prefer to mourn quietly.
Mourning quietly is fine and what I would personally do, I think. But I also feel that we, as the public taxpaying citizens, have a right to know when violent crimes are committed what is being done to catch the perpetrator or if nothing, then why? And if an event, such as Allen’s death, appears to be a violent crime but is ruled not to be, we should know the minimum information needed to relay THAT, respectfully preserving as much privacy as possible. LE works for us ALL as a key component of having a safe society to live in. We are the overseers of public departments, employees, etc. meant to watch out for each other by watching over the tax paid divisions of government meant to serve and protect.

All my humble opinion.

Mourning quietly is fine and what I would personally do, I think. But I also feel that we, as the public taxpaying citizens, have a right to know when violent crimes are committed what is being done to catch the perpetrator or if nothing, then why? And if an event, such as Allen’s death, appears to be a violent crime but is ruled not to be, we should know the minimum information needed to relay THAT, respectfully preserving as much privacy as possible. LE works for us ALL as a key component of having a safe society to live in. We are the overseers of public departments, employees, etc. meant to watch out for each other by watching over the tax paid divisions of government meant to serve and protect.

All my humble opinion.

I 100% agree with all of this.

Just my humble opinion - I think his phone records provided a lot of answers, but they have no real reason to release that.
And/or, his phone records could have ruled out some possibilities being bantered about; some of the usual salacious cr*p.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There is definitely a weird flavor to this case that sticks with a person although it does remind me slightly of Jacob Cefolia. My best guess at this point is that this was a suicide staged to sort of appear like possibly a murder. Maybe for insurance reasons or just shame? I don't know that it would spare a family any heartache for a loved one to have been murdered rather than to have killed themselves but I guess every family is different and this one is certainly very different from mine so my insight is probably weaker on this than most and there truly aren't enough reports details to draw a very conclusive picture at all.

In order for the case to be solved, LE has to work the case. Imo, they are not. The police in Dallas have a lot of crime to deal with, especially in the area where Alan was found. They've publicly stated they are waiting for a tip. Gang members don't talk.

The family member said the car was wet when found. Could have been a car wash, could have been cleaner from someone's kitchen. But I bet it destroyed DNA. The family has probably been told that the cops know basically what happened but until a witness can tell them what individual is responsible for Alan's killing they will need to wait.

All my opinion only.

There is definitely a weird flavor to this case that sticks with a person although it does remind me slightly of Jacob Cefolia. My best guess at this point is that this was a suicide staged to sort of appear like possibly a murder. Maybe for insurance reasons or just shame? I don't know that it would spare a family any heartache for a loved one to have been murdered rather than to have killed themselves but I guess every family is different and this one is certainly very different from mine so my insight is probably weaker on this than most and there truly aren't enough reports details to draw a very conclusive picture at all.
Yeah, but Alan's younger brother has been the lead for the family on this case and he could be in denial but he's stated that he believes someone took Alan's life. Plus, the location of Alan's remains next to the terminus of a road that dead-ended at over-grown parkland (read: ideal urban dumping-ground) suggest that Alan's body was dumped - by his killer. Would be quite a coincidence that he happened to kill himself in a handy dumping ground. Why not kill yourself right there in the car, or right next to it? And I know suicide can be inexplicable/irrational/impulsive, but would he really kill himself with his beloved niece in town, staying at his home whilst making wedding preps with her Uncle Alan? And do you go for a quick work-out and gas-up before ending your life?

I'm still thinking that Alan was murdered by someone he knew, possibly via hit, and quite possibly very near his home - assets, love-triangle... - they think they know who did it, are trying to solidify a case.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but Alan's younger brother has been the lead for the family on this case and he could be in denial but he's stated that he believes someone took Alan's life. Plus, the location of Alan's remains next to the terminus of a road that dead-ended at over-grown parkland (read: ideal urban dumping-ground) suggest that Alan's body was dumped - by his killer. Would be quite a coincidence that he happened to kill himself in a handy dumping ground. Why not kill yourself right there in the car, or right next to it? And I know suicide can be inexplicable/irrational/impulsive, but would he really kill himself with his beloved niece in town, staying at his home whilst making wedding preps with her Uncle Alan? And do you go for a quick work-out and gas-up before ending your life?

I'm still thinking that Alan was murdered by someone he knew, possibly via hit, and quite possibly very near his home - assets, love-triangle... - they think they know who did it, are trying to solidify a case.

The cellular data would be telling. As would whether anyone has lawyered-up. And the silence from LE and Alan's family and husband seems telling too. No pleas for info/tips.
From all we do know, I think it's most likely Alan had a pre-arrainged meeting with someone that morning after the gym, and it went as horribly wrong as it could have. I do hope LE brings this case to a close, and brings the creep that did this to Alan, to justice.

This is what I think, possibly someone he meant to meet quickly. It really doesn't matter why. But maybe LE doesn't have enough evidence to charge, or maybe not enough to even identify, the person. JMO.
I agree with you. But i think LE does know the context of the encounter - and I wish they would share it - because they need to focus the public tips to either sketchy drug dealers, weird hookup encounters, known grifters -- whatever type of characters run in the context of this murder. I understand that those details may be private to the family but charging someone relies on one person out there that remembers something about that day or the suspect that might connect to this. Right now, it could be anyone.

For instance: (I'll use a drug deal gone bad scenario to illustrate) if LE came out and said, this was a MDMA transaction gone bad, all the people that buy MDMA in the area might perk up and consider if their dealer could have killed Alan and make an anonymous tip. (this is an example to illustrate my point -- I have no idea of the context of this meet-up).

I'm not sure how vague and explicitly speculative I need to be to avoid violating Websleuth's "family friendly" policy but I will try again by saying that in my opinion the most likely explanation for law enforcement spending so long on this case without releasing any details for the public to help with is in my opinion that they do have a suspect they're investigating and that suspect is close enough to the case that they need to be kept in the dark about any progress.

However, another possibility in the stranger department that does pop up pretty often is that they might already have their prime suspect in custody on other charges and by keeping all details of the case secret, they are increasing the number that suspect might sooner or later mention under observation and concretely implicate himself.

I'd like to be clear about one thing, even though it should go without saying.
I've never implied that family is involved in Alan's death.
I of course - like you - do not know who or what may have caused Alan's death.
Of course, family could be involved in Alan's death. Certainly not uncommon, in general, and thus always a possibility to be considered.
Considering/discussing possibilities that could be is certainly not the same as implying that something is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back