TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tommorrow marks two years and nobody has done much of anything for Allen's memory!
Thanks Berlin Dave. It makes me very sad.
Thank you for remembering the Two-Year Anniversary of Alan's death :(

What say you DPD, will this murder ever be solved?
“What say you DPD”. I love that Knox!

I believe Alan was murdered as the result of a possible meet up for whatever reason and I think this case is very low on DPD list of priorities. In fact, I wonder if it’s even on the list.:mad: MOO

Oct. 22 marked one year since the disappearance of Alan White. While police have not arrested anyone or named any suspects in his murder, Dallas police this week assured the LGBTQ community that the case is still open and still being investigated.

Dallas Police LGBT liaison Megan Thomas said this case has “definitely not moved to cold case status.” The rules for moving an investigation to cold case status aren’t hard and fast, she said, but the general guideline is that if investigators have found no leads within about a year, they would consider closing the active investigation.

Homicide cases might remain active longer, she said. And in this case, it’s less than six months since Alan White’s body was found.
(more at link)

So the 2 year anniversary of Alan White's mysterious death, which Mr. White's brother believes was caused by another person, came and went w/o even a peep from DPD investigators? No statement? No plea for info, not from DPD, not from Mr. White's brother, not from Mr. White's husband? Curious. Almost like LE thinks they know who did it but aren't ready to lay charges...

Is there some other reason for this total silence?

Last edited:
So the 2 year anniversary of Alan White's mysterious death, which Mr. White's brother believes was caused by another person, came and went w/o even a peep from DPD investigators? No statement? No plea for info, not from DPD, not from Mr. White's brother, not from Mr. White's husband? Curious. Almost like LE thinks they know who did it but aren't ready to lay charges...

Is there some other reason for this total silence?

Maybe, they (family) already know what happened (the how, if not the who) and they don't want the public's attention on the case because it's heartbreaking?

Maybe they're simply trusting LE to close the case as soon as they're able?

If the DPD doesn't think there's any impending threat to the public, they don't have any obligation to make any sort of statement to the public.

jmo

Oct. 22 marked one year since the disappearance of Alan White. While police have not arrested anyone or named any suspects in his murder, Dallas police this week assured the LGBTQ community that the case is still open and still being investigated.

Dallas Police LGBT liaison Megan Thomas said this case has “definitely not moved to cold case status.” The rules for moving an investigation to cold case status aren’t hard and fast, she said, but the general guideline is that if investigators have found no leads within about a year, they would consider closing the active investigation.

Homicide cases might remain active longer, she said. And in this case, it’s less than six months since Alan White’s body was found.
(more at link)

This article is a year old. It's too bad no one is making another plea for tips at the two year mark.

All the assurances last year that the case 'isn't cold' and LE is hard at work.... where's the proof? Last year's words just seem like empty placations without anything to back them up.
A couple months ago I had contacted the DallasVoice reporter and the Dallas PD's liaison; while they both got back to me, nothing more has come from that. I'm assuming if they DID probe around for more information, nothing was given or available.

I'd like to know if Alan was targeted personally and killed, or if it was just a totally random carjacking gone wrong and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think the people of Dallas should at least have this knowledge.

It's their city and if people are being randomly carjacked and killed like this, then LE have a duty of care to inform them.

Has there been a pattern of this kind of thing? Any similar events?
If not, I do think Alan may have been targeted personally for a reason.

MOO.

I'd like to know if Alan was targeted personally and killed, or if it was just a totally random carjacking gone wrong and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think the people of Dallas should at least have this knowledge.

It's their city and if people are being randomly carjacked and killed like this, then LE have a duty of care to inform them.

Has there been a pattern of this kind of thing? Any similar events?
If not, I do think Alan may have been targeted personally for a reason.

MOO.

Lots of carjackings in Dallas— here’s one from 10/3/22:

Alan’s brother Tim posted on Facebook again a couple of days ago. I don’t know how he does it. He always makes me feel better. So much respect to you, Tim. He’s determined.

Tim says Alan did not take his own life, and personally, I believe him 100%.

I’m afraid this may have been well planned, LE have a good idea of who, yet the perp has not cooperated at all since the very beginning, and it has become a tough case to crack.

So *advertiser censored**ing unfair.

All MOO

Alan’s brother Tim posted on Facebook again a couple of days ago. I don’t know how he does it. He always makes me feel better. So much respect to you, Tim. He’s determined.

I’m afraid this may have been well planned, LE have a good idea of who, yet the perp has not cooperated at all since the very beginning, and it has become a tough case to crack.

All MOO
Thanks for sharing this information.
BBM I 100% believe him too. MOO

A huge thank you to everyone who is posting updates. I also have never felt this was suicide— for several reasons, one of which is the location where his body was found. From what we know, Alan had no ties to that college or that area. Perpetrators will leave their victims in an area they feel comfortable with, IMO. It’s someone who knows that specific area very well, I think.

Not sure if this has been posted before. Dallas seems to have quite a history of violent crime against gay men:

“Michael Atkinson, 28, Pablo Ceniceros-Deleon, 21, and Daryl Henry, 24, were sentenced to federal prison terms for their involvement in a scheme to target gay men for violent crimes. Atkinson was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison, Ceniceros-Deleon was sentenced to 22 years in prison, and Henry was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

“These defendants brutalized multiple victims, singling them out due to their sexual orientation. We cannot allow this sort of violence to fester unchecked,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Prerak Shah. “The Department of Justice is committed to prosecuting hate crimes. In the meantime, we urge dating app users to remain vigilant. Unfortunately, predators often lurk online.”

From quite a while back:

“The fear in Oak Lawn is palpable — and all too familiar. Gay men have been assaulted. Talk of serial attackers abounds. Cops are flooding the area but many cases go unsolved.

In some ways, the string of assaults and robberies in Oak Lawn in 2015 parallel the fear of a spate of unsolved killings in the Dallas area that reached its zenith in 2005. Some of those homicides have since been solved, but back then, the gay community in North Texas worried there might be a serial killer targeting them after seven gay men were slain over a five-year span.”

More recent:

“Unsolved attacks in Dallas LGBT district unnerve men looking for justice
Activists rise up to ‘take back Oak Lawn’ but still party with caution as police have yet to make arrests in connection to dozens of brutal assaults since last summer”

Not sure if this has been posted before. Dallas seems to have quite a history of violent crime against gay men:

“Michael Atkinson, 28, Pablo Ceniceros-Deleon, 21, and Daryl Henry, 24, were sentenced to federal prison terms for their involvement in a scheme to target gay men for violent crimes. Atkinson was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison, Ceniceros-Deleon was sentenced to 22 years in prison, and Henry was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

“These defendants brutalized multiple victims, singling them out due to their sexual orientation. We cannot allow this sort of violence to fester unchecked,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Prerak Shah. “The Department of Justice is committed to prosecuting hate crimes. In the meantime, we urge dating app users to remain vigilant. Unfortunately, predators often lurk online.”

From quite a while back:

“The fear in Oak Lawn is palpable — and all too familiar. Gay men have been assaulted. Talk of serial attackers abounds. Cops are flooding the area but many cases go unsolved.

In some ways, the string of assaults and robberies in Oak Lawn in 2015 parallel the fear of a spate of unsolved killings in the Dallas area that reached its zenith in 2005. Some of those homicides have since been solved, but back then, the gay community in North Texas worried there might be a serial killer targeting them after seven gay men were slain over a five-year span.”

More recent:

“Unsolved attacks in Dallas LGBT district unnerve men looking for justice
Activists rise up to ‘take back Oak Lawn’ but still party with caution as police have yet to make arrests in connection to dozens of brutal assaults since last summer”
Horrible! All these unsolved crimes against the LGBT community in the Dallas area ties into what I said in an earlier post about Alan’s case being a very low priority for the DPD. It’s all so sad. MOO

All MOO
Thanks so much for this update @inmyhumbleopinion. I continue to hope for a breakthrough in Alan’s case.
I appreciate all the members who post here on Alan’s thread. I know we all want justice for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back