TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doesn’t the Dallas Voice link say that LE has now found the car? (I believed that it was found long ago.)

I think that it says LE wasn’t able to trace the car due to the frequent practice of putting updates at the top of the article while not changing the original body of the article, below.

MOO
Yes, the car was found eventually, a full week later.

It's been two years since Alan was found...still no answers. :confused:

Here is an update vid put out just days ago by local NBC affiliate, in which Tim White comments:

Tough to see what Tim White has had to go through. Alan White couldn't have asked for a finer bro.

Noteworthy that Tim White stated in the vid/interview that he believes someone got into the Porsche at or near the gas station where Alan was last seen, shortly after Alan lingered there for a bit. That someone is presumably the killer. It is also stated that 'the family does not believe the crime was random'....

Last edited:
Here is an update vid put out just days ago by local NBC affiliate, in which Tim White comments:

Tough to see what Tim White has had to go through. Alan White couldn't have asked for a finer bro.

Noteworthy that Tim White stated in the vid/interview that he believes someone got into the Porsche at or near the gas station where Alan was last seen, shortly after Alan lingered there for a bit. That someone is presumably the killer. It is also stated that 'the family does not believe the crime was random'....
The gas station/chicken place makes sense except the random part. Do we really believe this successful guy knew people living or hanging out behind the gas station and would drive up to say hello in his Porsche?

There was something very not ordinary with the whole story from the start of the morning, to the phone call in the store.

Last edited:

I have to wonder if this wasn't some sort of IRL meet up he'd planned with someone he befriended online, but on a platform that allowed for anonymity, similar to how it works right here on WS. If the other person used a very popular VPN type of tech, LE would know that he met with someone, but they'd have no way of tracking who that person is. Until or unless, his MO comes up again in another unfortunate case.

I have to wonder if this wasn't some sort of IRL meet up he'd planned with someone he befriended online, but on a platform that allowed for anonymity, similar to how it works right here on WS. If the other person used a very popular VPN type of tech, LE would know that he met with someone, but they'd have no way of tracking who that person is. Until or unless, his MO comes up again in another unfortunate case.
If Alan was perhaps using a meet-up type of app that morn, I'd think police would know via having accessed Alan's digital data. But if that is the case, why wouldn't cops warn the public? And they'd let Tim White know. Pre-dawn 6am seems like an odd time of day to do that sort of thing, but who knows. And Alan had that scheduled work call looming. So, maybe Tim White is right that it was not 'random' such as a car-jacking. To me, a meet-up with a stranger would qualify as 'random' too. But it wouldn't be random if someone Alan knew, someone who perhaps for whatever wanted him dead, cleverly used an app to set him up. But then, I don't know of anyone who may have wanted Alan dead.

Has someone gotten away with the perfect crime?

Last edited:
If Alan was perhaps using a meet-up type of app that morn, I'd think police would know via having accessed Alan's digital data. But if that is the case, why wouldn't cops warn the public? And they'd let Tim White know. Pre-dawn 6am seems like an odd time of day to do that sort of thing, but who knows And Alan had that scheduled work call looming. So, maybe Tim White is right that it was not 'random' such as a car-jacking. To me, a meet-up with a stranger would qualify as 'random' too. But it wouldn't be random if someone he knew, someone who perhaps wanted him dead, used an app to set-up Alan....
Yes, LE would have definitely known after accessing his data, but that might be something they don't reveal to family, considering the delicate nature of the investigation. Warning the public would be complicated as well. I mean what would they say "careful if you're using ABC app, there's a user named ChickenPants we think might be a killer". I know that sounds silly but really, what else would they say, without letting ChickenPants know that they know, he or she was the last person Alan responded to that day? I've never actually considered his killer might be someone known to him, and that's even more tragic, really.

Yes, LE would have definitely known after accessing his data, but that might be something they don't reveal to family, considering the delicate nature of the investigation. Warning the public would be complicated as well. I mean what would they say "careful if you're using ABC app, there's a user named ChickenPants we think might be a killer". I know that sounds silly but really, what else would they say, without letting ChickenPants know that they know, he or she was the last person Alan responded to that day? I've never actually considered his killer might be someone known to him, and that's even more tragic, really.
These are all my own opinions and speculation.

LE could say Alan died during a (for example) drug deal trying to buy X drug or meeting up with a profile on grindr that we could not trace back to an actual person. Someone else who buys X drug or has met up with someone from grindr might remember that contact acting weird, or attempting some harm with them but they never reported it. Only after making that type of connection would a person potentially say: "oh yeah, that last guy i bought X from 3 weeks ago also pulled a handgun but i got spooked so i drove away but i never reported it because i don't want to implicate my own self in a drug deal". But if they knew that this information could potentially connect to Alan's murder they might call in and report a description of that person. Right now the suspect pool is unlimited to the public trying to help. If LE has information on a "lifestyle" they need to ask others in that lifestyle to keep an eye out and try to remember anything significant.

If a woman is a victim of a crime while prostituting, LE has no problem sharing that the victim was a prostitute. But other circumstances get more discretion sometimes so i don't know.

All my own opinions - i have no information related to WHAT Alan was doing that morning.

These are all my own opinions and speculation.

LE could say Alan died during a (for example) drug deal trying to buy X drug or meeting up with a profile on grindr that we could not trace back to an actual person. Someone else who buys X drug or has met up with someone from grindr might remember that contact acting weird, or attempting some harm with them but they never reported it. Only after making that type of connection would a person potentially say: "oh yeah, that last guy i bought X from 3 weeks ago also pulled a handgun but i got spooked so i drove away but i never reported it because i don't want to implicate my own self in a drug deal". But if they knew that this information could potentially connect to Alan's murder they might call in and report a description of that person. Right now the suspect pool is unlimited to the public trying to help. If LE has information on a "lifestyle" they need to ask others in that lifestyle to keep an eye out and try to remember anything significant.

If a woman is a victim of a crime while prostituting, LE has no problem sharing that the victim was a prostitute. But other circumstances get more discretion sometimes so i don't know.

All my own opinions - i have no information related to WHAT Alan was doing that morning.
I'm a little confused. Drug deals?

My money is on a planned trip to the back of the store next to the gas station for "something" and that is where he picked up the person who ultimately murdered him.

He and his husband went to separate gyms when they could have traveled together, shared a car, and not driven the rental. He spent very little time inside the gym. Then- he took a side trip to get gas and make a phone call inside the convenience store when he needed to get home for a meeting. It just seems like this was his plan all along, to get to that place at a particular time, alone, for some reason. Then it all went south...

My money is on a planned trip to the back of the store next to the gas station for "something" and that is where he picked up the person who ultimately murdered him.

He and his husband went to separate gyms when they could have traveled together, shared a car, and not driven the rental. He spent very little time inside the gym. Then- he took a side trip to get gas and make a phone call inside the convenience store when he needed to get home for a meeting. It just seems like this was his plan all along, to get to that place at a particular time, alone, for some reason. Then it all went south...
As I said in an earlier post, there was an L.A Fitness that was only a mile from the house. So AW was clearly in the habit of going to this particular l.A Fitness, at CityPlace.

Alan's niece and RJ have said that InWood wasn't his usual place to get gas, but believed that he might have gone there because the location he normally went to had a robbery and there was a police presence.

Anything is possible, though, and this info doesn't make your scenario impossible. Big "JMO" attached to this.

If Alan was perhaps using a meet-up type of app that morn, I'd think police would know via having accessed Alan's digital data. But if that is the case, why wouldn't cops warn the public? And they'd let Tim White know. Pre-dawn 6am seems like an odd time of day to do that sort of thing, but who knows. And Alan had that scheduled work call looming. So, maybe Tim White is right that it was not 'random' such as a car-jacking. To me, a meet-up with a stranger would qualify as 'random' too. But it wouldn't be random if someone Alan knew, someone who perhaps for whatever wanted him dead, cleverly used an app to set him up. But then, I don't know of anyone who may have wanted Alan dead.

Has someone gotten away with the perfect crime?

What I’m wondering is this— perhaps the police, through digital evidence, have documentation that Alan did schedule an appointment with someone that morning (non work related and prior to returning home)

Pure speculation here: Is it possible they have interviewed someone who has denied ever seeing Alan that day? In that case, the digital link by itself might not be enough for an arrest. Hence, Alan’s brother encouraging anyone who saw Alan with someone else to come forward. If police had a witness, it would give them more proof for a possible arrest? IMO a possibility?

Editing to add: I see others have raised similar thoughts. I’ll leave this here though just to bump up the case.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for negative, baseless speculation>

Sure has been a long, long time since there was any official update from the police. Wonder what is really going on and if the case is still active????

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure has been a long, long time since there was any official update from the police. Wonder what is really going on and if the case is still active????
If you look at the crime stats in Dallas, it's clear they have their hands full. I'm surprised there hasn't been more call for action in Alan's case. I still think he was observed and tracked from the gym, but that's just amateur opinion and speculation. It's sad to see how Dallas has declined over the years, with Alan's tragic case being another indication of that.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If you look at the crime stats in Dallas, it's clear they have their hands full. I'm surprised there hasn't been more call for action in Alan's case. I still think he was observed and tracked from the gym, but that's just amateur opinion and speculation. It's sad to see how Dallas has declined over the years, with Alan's tragic case being another indication of that.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I don't think so. To me, Alan's actions are a bit odd, leaving the gym quickly, then the behavior at the gas station area. Regardless if someone lured him somewhere, Alan didn't deserve what happened.

Nothing new, just a re-fresher post (unsure if that is even a real word) rbbm

By Allie Spillyards • Published May 12, 2023​

''There was nothing unusual that morning when Alan left home for the L.A. Fitness on Haskell Avenue around 4:40 a.m.

An hour after arriving, surveillance video shows him get in his black Porsche SUV and leave. Shortly after, more video places Alan about a mile from home, at a RaceTrac gas station at the corner of Inwood Road and Maple Avenue. Around 6 a.m., he’s seen filling up before heading inside.''

“He lingered at the store there and then went out and got in the car, and we don't know what actually happened after that,” said Tim White.

Five days after his disappearance, Dallas Police found Alan’s car 15 miles down Interstate 45.

White said it was seemingly unscathed, hidden just out of sight not far from the intersection of Bonnie View Road and Simpson Stuart Road.''

''Seven months after he was last seen, a surveyor stumbled upon skeletal remains while working in a wooded area near Paul Quinn College.''
Though video doesn’t show it, Tim believes the person responsible for his brother’s death got into Alan’s car while at that gas station just a mile from his home.
Tim said his car is seen circling the lot a few times before pulling away''
''Nothing was stolen from Alan, and his car was left clean but otherwise untouched not far from his remains''
1692116036910.png

1692116073836.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper