TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Someone posted a link to the op-ed on CNN's web site about necessary reform and poor treatment for sex workers in the US who become victims of violence. Farther down in the op ed is a quote about how some LE don't prioritize solving crimes against sex workers, but also LGBTQ people. I think the same applies to gay people who become victims of violent crime. JMO. It would be nice if all LE could help get the abusers and killers off the street who target gay people as well. JMO

Nothing new, just a re-fresher post (unsure if that is even a real word) rbbm

By Allie Spillyards • Published May 12, 2023​

''There was nothing unusual that morning when Alan left home for the L.A. Fitness on Haskell Avenue around 4:40 a.m.

Though video doesn’t show it, Tim believes the person responsible for his brother’s death got into Alan’s car while at that gas station just a mile from his home.
Tim said his car is seen circling the lot a few times before pulling away''
''Nothing was stolen from Alan, and his car was left clean but otherwise untouched not far from his remains''
I don't think someone got into the car while he was in the gas station. I have the exact make/model car and it is very small inside- you would almost certainly see a person inside, even if they laid down in the back seat. Also, the video doesn't show that. Of course it is possible, just not very probable. I think whatever happened, occurred in the lot next door or at the location where his car was found. He didn't take the expected route home (because he wasn't caught on the right cameras at the intersection). This tells you something happened right then, just after the gas station.

I don't think someone got into the car while he was in the gas station. I have the exact make/model car and it is very small inside- you would almost certainly see a person inside, even if they laid down in the back seat. Also, the video doesn't show that. Of course it is possible, just not very probable. I think whatever happened, occurred in the lot next door or at the location where his car was found. He didn't take the expected route home (because he wasn't caught on the right cameras at the intersection). This tells you something happened right then, just after the gas station.
Like a set-up? imo.

Maybe a set-up... Or an 'old fashioned' stick up? Someone liked the car he was driving and used a gun to take over the vehicle. Spur of the moment? Could be Alan thought it would be better to comply then get shot right then. Still hoping for justice for Alan.
I don't think it was random or just a robbery. It was a loaner car. The only valuable it might have is whatever was in AW's bag (seen on the CCTV). I sincerely believe that AW was targeted. The reason, motive, or how it was done, remains unknown.

It has been 1034 days since AW went missing and 830 days since he was found. I wish we knew more or feel like LE was coming close to a breakthrough on this.

Maybe a set-up... Or an 'old fashioned' stick up? Someone liked the car he was driving and used a gun to take over the vehicle. Spur of the moment? Could be Alan thought it would be better to comply then get shot right then. Still hoping for justice for Alan.
This is what I'm leaning towards. No connection to the victim, no electronic trail, dump and run, washed the car to get rid of prints. Perhaps a juvenile offender with no prints in the system. Just a carjacking. One does have to ask - how hard is Dallas PD working to solve this?

Why do you think that?

This is what I'm leaning towards. No connection to the victim, no electronic trail, dump and run, washed the car to get rid of prints. Perhaps a juvenile offender with no prints in the system. Just a carjacking. One does have to ask - how hard is Dallas PD working to solve this?
1000% percent agree.

And, regarding DPD: not at all hard. Further up in this thread the DPD spokesperson quoted as saying they respond to any leads that come in. Which means they're waiting for someone to tell them who did it.

Alan was driving a very nice car in a city where gangs are dangerous. His car and body were found in areas where a rich guy wearing gym clothes wouldn't go. (No way to conceal carry.) He probably saw sketchy people walking near the gas station and lingered inside until they'd gone out of sight. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to be safe.

All moo.

Regarding carjacking in Dallas circa 2020
'Sep 14, 2020
A 38-year-old man from Richardson is fighting for his life after he was swung from his vehicle in a carjacking early Friday morning'.

''CNN —
Carjackings have risen dramatically over the past two years in some of America’s biggest cities.

Just outside Chicago, a state senator’s car and other valuables were taken at gunpoint in December, and a group of children, one just 10 years old, carjacked more than a dozen people. A rideshare driver being carjacked shot his attackers earlier this month in Philadelphia. Last March, a 12-year-old in Washington, DC was arrested and charged with four counts of armed carjacking.

“The majority of it is young joyriders. They’re not keeping the cars. They’re jacking cars to commit another crime, typically more serious robberies or shootings, or joyriding around for the sake of social media purpose and street cred,” said Christopher Herrmann, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. “It’s a disturbing trend.”
September 11, 2020
''A search is underway for three carjacking suspects who ran over a person Friday morning, Dallas police said.
A detective at the scene said the victim was carjacked at a gas station around 3:30 a.m. near Walnut Street and Audelia Road.''

Without looking back to the beginning to find the reference, it was reported that he did not pass a CVS that should had been just up the street on his way home from that gas station. That suggests he took an unexpected route right off the bat.
You're on point, that was indeed the case. Alan lingered after filling up his car at Race Trac, pulling around behind Church's Chicken was odd. I felt he was going to meet someone close to that area.

Clearly, neither phone or digital records are of any value in finding out if he was communicating with someone. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen. A random car jacking is my next guess.

You're on point, that was indeed the case. Alan lingered after filling up his car at Race Trac, pulling around behind Church's Chicken was odd. I felt he was going to meet someone close to that area.

Clearly, neither phone or digital records are of any value in finding out if he was communicating with someone. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen. A random car jacking is my next guess.
Could it have been both - a setup AND a carjacking?

The solution to the mystery is the answer to the question: Why did Mr. White enter the C-store (but purchase nothing) and linger further at and near the RaceTrac station (rather than, having gassed up, headed straight for home)? You'd think the victim's cell/app data might have answered the question, but evidently not so.

The solution to the mystery is the answer to the question: Why did Mr. White enter the C-store (but purchase nothing) and linger further at and near the RaceTrac station (rather than, having gassed up, headed straight for home)? You'd think the victim's cell/app data might have answered the question, but evidently not so.
Previously linked CCTV footage showed Alan White pull up to the gas pump closest to the street, exit his loaner car and him inside the RaceTrak store, then the footage shows Alan pump gas and/or finish and return the nozzle to the pump.
My belief is that the pump was not working. That would explain the footage showing Alan inside the store remaining close to the convenience store door possibly asking the clerk if they were out of gasoline. Because when the CCTV jumps back outside showing AW finish gassing if you notice, the Porsche is at the other pump ( the one closest to the store vs the pump directly behind it nearest the roadway).
AFAIK nothing has been released by the DPS regarding any cell/app data due to the open investigation.

Previously linked CCTV footage showed Alan White pull up to the gas pump closest to the street, exit his loaner car and him inside the RaceTrak store, then the footage shows Alan pump gas and/or finish and return the nozzle to the pump.
My belief is that the pump was not working. That would explain the footage showing Alan inside the store remaining close to the convenience store door possibly asking the clerk if they were out of gasoline. Because when the CCTV jumps back outside showing AW finish gassing if you notice, the Porsche is at the other pump ( the one closest to the store vs the pump directly behind it nearest the roadway).
AFAIK nothing has been released by the DPS regarding any cell/app data due to the open investigation.
Someone possibly entered Alan’s car while he was in the store?

I saw Detective Barnes on a Dateline episode last week (Footprint at the Lake). I immediately thought of Alan and wondered if he was still working his case. Disappointing that DPD didn't want to be interviewed in the segment from last year.

Tim seems to think someone got in Alan's car at the RaceTrac?

Is anyone going to cover the third year anniversary of his murder on Sunday?

I saw Detective Barnes on a Dateline episode last week (Footprint at the Lake). I immediately thought of Alan and wondered if he was still working his case. Disappointing that DPD didn't want to be interviewed in the segment from last year.

Tim seems to think someone got in Alan's car at the RaceTrac?

Is anyone going to cover the third year anniversary of his murder on Sunday?
Interesting, the link says that this Sunday is the TWO year anniversary. Guess it is just an error.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back