TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People can successfully engage in low level illegal drug buys and sex buys for a long time with out leaving a trail.

Your point about his profile and reputation might suggest that he was just a little more careful than other consumers and avoided impulse purchases that could lead to an undercover "sting" arrest and also restricted his purchases to select trustworthy sources to avoid "rip offs" by criminals.

Likewise, if he was purchasing illegal goods and services, he had sufficient income to pay a premium for a well.... "established and discrete provider", thus reducing chances of negative encounters with the police or providers

Until one day, circumstances changed and the supplier was no longer trustworthy?

Honestly, a very successful, driven, "type A" person, regardless of sexual orientation, may probably have a higher risk of experimenting with certain substances that are on the more expensive side. It probably comes with novelty-seeking behavior that on the positive side, makes people ambitious, smart and entrepreneurial. On the negative side, the same behavior might increase the general risk for the person.

So I think it could have happened because he was in a good mood - left a fitness club, maybe wanted to feel even better?

Was it coupled with sex? I have absolutely no idea. Could it be hate crime under the guise of sex trade? Very possibly. I don't think it was suicide, but hate crimes happen all the times. I hope this case will be solved.

Well, y'all have overruled me. : )
I concede that I've learned on WS that anything is possible.
Let's hope some day we actually find out.
Not overruled, just differing thoughts on possibilities. Regardless we're here for the same reason, there's room for all on the bench we're sitting on - waiting for answers.

Interesting, this guy, Marlon Perkins has committed at least two violent crimes in Dallas in the last 8 years— the most recent a shooting at 7:30 am in December 2023 on Happy Canyon Drive near Paul Quinn college where Alan was found:

DALLAS - Dallas police have arrested a suspect accused of shooting a man and a teenager not far from Paul Quinn College on Tuesday morning.

The shooting happened on Happy Canyon Drive, which is across the street from the school in Southeast Oak Cliff, at about 7:30 a.m.

25-year-old Marlon Perkins allegedly attacked his mother at her house. Two neighbors, a 13-year-old boy and a 20-year-old man, intervened.

“Perkins has a criminal history. He previously pled guilty to felonies including aggravated robbery, assault family violence, evading arrest and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. It’s unclear where he got a gun from”

Fox affiliate:

In 2016, when he was 17, he participated in the armed robbery of a 7 Eleven:

“Five suspects were arrested after robbing a Mesquite 7-Eleven location at gunpoint and leading officers on a chase in a stolen car early Sunday morning, police say.
The suspects -- including three juveniles -- “demanded cigarettes, cigars and money from the cash register” at the convenience store on the 3700 block of Interstate 30 around 1:30 a.m.

The suspects then left the scene in a stolen Honda SUV, police said. A chase ensued after a Mesquite Police officer spotted the vehicle.
Perkins, who drove the stolen SUV, was charged with aggravated robbery, unlawful use of a motor vehicle and evading arrest.”

He sounds like a loose cannon and I can imagine him or another criminal trying to carjack or rob someone driving a nice Porsche….Just an example, but interesting his mother lives in the area of Paul Quinn College.
It's not a great part of town in general. I worked in that area on and off for years in a pretty risky field before I left the state, there are dozens of people with similar credentials who live there or frequent it.

If Alan had a scheduled conference call at 7 am, he is probably not too interested in anything other than doing that and getting back home in time.
Could there be somebody who for whatever reason did not want Alan to be present for that conference, or, as a fairly new Managing Director, was there somebody who did want him to hold that position? speculation.
re post 2021 rbbm
''Shortly after Alan left the gym, security video captured him at the RaceTrac gas station at Inwood Road and Maple Avenue where he was seen filling the tank of his car and driving out of the parking lot.

Just days later, Alan’s Porsche SUV was found in the area of Simpson Stuart and Bonnie View roads, which is the opposite direction of Alan’s house from the gas station. But there was no sign of Alan.

Alan’s brother Tim told Dateline at the time that their family doesn’t know who would want to harm Alan, but also had no reason to believe Alan would willingly disappear. The successful businessman had just started a new job in February as a Managing Director in an advisory role at KPMG.

On the day Alan disappeared, he had a scheduled conference call at 7 a.m. that he uncharacteristically missed.
His husband Rusty Jenkins previously told NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth the closer it got to the time of his meeting, the more worried he became.''
I still think of Alan a lot.

Thoughts..

1) The article quoted above says Alan filled up (at gas station), paid inside and left.

This article below says he 'lingered' inside.

“He lingered at the store there and then went out and got in the car, and we don't know what actually happened after that,” said Tim White. - Two Years Later: Family Continues to Push for Answers in KPMG Exec's Murder

2) When watching the video we see Alan looking at his phone. Was it ever confirmed he received/sent a text and to whom?

3) Do we ever see the end of the video after he is inside? How long did he linger?

4) That said, I sadly think this was a car jacking where the perp has so far just been lucky enough to not get caught. But I'm confident justice will come for Alan one day.

MOO thinking of Alan's loved ones.

Last edited:
Death by rough trade is a strong possibility JMO
In my opinion, that gas station would make a natural meeting place for rough trade for the following reasons.....

The over all area has been relentlessly gentrifying on stages for the last 15 years or so. Working class neighborhoods have sprouted mini mansions and warehouses have turned into new condos.

The gentrified areas feature patrols by Dallas Police, hospital police assigned to several large hospitals, and private security of the kind who are observant and quick to report.

The patrols may cause 'rough vendors' to habitually avoid the nearby gentrified areas as too risky. But,,,, that gas station is on the border of gentrified areas and ungentrified areas south on Maple that quickly go from "iffy" to downright dangerous.

But, the gas station is not soo far into the "olde school" areas that well heeled purchasers of illicit goods and services would feel uncomfortable going to.

The above aside, the gas station is relatively close to the his home, so it could be seen as relatively convenient. At the same time, I could also see upper income gas purchasers avoiding it. There are alot of homeless and the gas station has never had a good reputation.

Great post, you captured my own thoughts on this possibility perfectly. This is not victim bashing AT ALL!!
It's victimology, or as Mike King calls it "The Victim Continuum". We've all been here fours years now, advocating for justice for Alan and his family.

It also ties back to what seemed to me to be odd about Rusty's immediate actions and alarm when Alan wasn't home on time.

Also Tim's comment - “Was he involved in something? I don't care what he's involved in. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. It doesn't matter at this point. I just want to know why,” said White.

We're coming up on the four year anniversery of Alan's disappearance (10/20/20) soon. I had such high hopes that Detective Eric Barnes would solve this case ... sadly it seems to have disappeared off his radar?

Time for @bombardier to make her PRR again?
Thanks for the reminder! The last time I checked on his files (and told they were still being withheld) was January; I'll put in another request with his 4th anniversary coming up : )

The reason I said he may have been a victim of "rough trade" is because of the circumstances.

Anecdotally, a high number of murdered gay men, going back decades, have been victims of male hustlers.

The victimology is usually that of an older, more established, and often private gay man who is looking for the company of someone young, masculine, and attractive.

Since Allen was married, and in a rush to make a meeting, maybe he figured a car quickie or discrete location nearby would suffice. Perhaps he was just planning on having a quick look, but was approached for something spontaneous.

The reason I don't believe Allen met anyone off of Grindr, is because their text history would've shown up in his phone. The only other possibility is that Allen had a burner phone. Maybe the murderer took the phone with them. Allen could've purchased a burner phone from a convenience store using a fake name.

This post shouldn't be taken as an attack on Allen's character. However, robbery as the motive, in my opinion, is a real possibility. Gay men are often much more open and relaxed about sex. In my experience, they're much less judgemental towards those who live what society has deemed as "alternative lifestyles."

Due to the time of day and the circumstances, I think that whoever murdered Allen was let into the car willingly. It may not have even been a male hustler. It could've been a male portraying himself as one, or a straight male pretending to be attracted to Allen with ill intent.

In this link, an investigator says:

“He lingered at the store there and then went out and got in the car, and we don't know what actually happened after that,” said Tim White.

The fact that police noticed and pointed out that Allen was lingering at the store makes me believe he was waiting for someone or something.

Tim said his car is seen circling the lot a few times before pulling away.

This makes me think he was browsing the lot, looking for someone, and not necessarily pre-arranged.

I wonder if there were security cameras at the back of the store.

In this link, an investigator says:

The fact that police noticed and pointed out that Allen was lingering at the store makes me believe he was waiting for someone or something.

This makes me think he was browsing the lot, looking for someone, and not necessarily pre-arranged.

I wonder if there were security cameras at the back of the store.
Also possible he saw somebody (known or otherwise) who scared him, so he lingered in the gas station to avoid an encounter.
Maybe he just could not wait anymore because he had the early A.M. meeting, so he took the chance and got back in his car, then bad things happened.
Did he owe, or did he loan money to anyone unscrupulous? imo, speculation.

When a straight person goes missing, no one jumps right to “well, men like sex and thus he was probably on Ashley Madison.” There’s absolutely nothing to suggest Alan was anything but monogamous.

Gay people have lives, not “alternative lifestyles.” There’s nothing remotely “alternative” about a married man with a corporate job visiting his gym before a conference call.

When a straight person goes missing, no one jumps right to “well, men like sex and thus he was probably on Ashley Madison.” There’s absolutely nothing to suggest Alan was anything but monogamous.

Gay people have lives, not “alternative lifestyles.” There’s nothing remotely “alternative” about a married man with a corporate job visiting his gym before a conference call.

You misunderstood my post. I don't think gay people are living an "alternative lifestyle" at all.

The reason why people don't speculate if a man was on Ashley Madison is because men commit over 90 percent of all murders. Therefore, it is based on statistical evidence, not gender bias, to assume that the perpetrator was male.

Sexual orientation is a protected class. Being gay is still considered being part of a minority. Therefore, is it wrong to think that someone may have hurt Allen because he was particularly vulnerable? Absolutely not. I could easily find dozens of articles about men who were victimized by other men, in relation to their sexuality.

I question if he let someone into his car willingly, and if so, why? He was circling a sketchy gas station parking lot. He wasn't on drugs. All his texts have been analyzed. I lean towards the theory that whoever did this met Allen at random, or after anonymous chatting on a burner app or phone.

I'm not saying "Oh he's gay must've been cheating on his husband" absolutely not.

Alan being gay does not mean that he was living an alternative lifestyle. The fact that so many people are outraged that he may have met up with someone for sexual purposes is testament to how society views sex. Most members of the LBTQ+ community are sex positive. It's not some huge insult like people think it is.

I found this case interesting because, if it was a murder, it would have been an incredibly unusual murder. If it was a suicide, on the other hand, it would fit the pattern of someone who wanted to end his life but was willing to go through considerable effort to conceal his suicide from his loved ones by staging it to look like an abduction murder.

It is my understanding that cause of death could not be determined because the body was fully skeletonized. A fatal beating can be ruled out since there was no sign of head injury. Generally, fatal gunshot wounds are detectable from skeletons because either a bullet will be found in the remains or the bullet will hit and damage a bone. It is possible for a fatal gunshot to pass through a body while missing all bones but it would be unusual. Very much the same with knife wounds. There was no evidence of blood in his car so such murder would have probably occurred near where the body was found. Strangulation usually results in a broken hyoid bone in someone Alan’s age. Murder can not be absolutely ruled out by any of this but the pristine condition of the skeleton along with the odd circumstances of his behavior at the gas station, argues against murder.

We all know that people do commit suicide when everything in their lives “appears” to be going well. Sometimes it is a total shock to friends and relatives but other times the signs are there but people are in denial. Sometimes, family will publicly deny any possibility of suicide when they know, or should know, otherwise.

Alan could have gone to the gas station and pretended he was expecting to met someone, knowing it would all be caught on security video. That would creat the possibility that someone he met there abducted and murdered him. He could have left the car where it would not be found right away and walked to an area of dense vegetation where a body was not likely to be found to ingest a fatal does of drugs or poison.

I found this case interesting because, if it was a murder, it would have been an incredibly unusual murder. If it was a suicide, on the other hand, it would fit the pattern of someone who wanted to end his life but was willing to go through considerable effort to conceal his suicide from his loved ones by staging it to look like an abduction murder.

It is my understanding that cause of death could not be determined because the body was fully skeletonized. A fatal beating can be ruled out since there was no sign of head injury. Generally, fatal gunshot wounds are detectable from skeletons because either a bullet will be found in the remains or the bullet will hit and damage a bone. It is possible for a fatal gunshot to pass through a body while missing all bones but it would be unusual. Very much the same with knife wounds. There was no evidence of blood in his car so such murder would have probably occurred near where the body was found. Strangulation usually results in a broken hyoid bone in someone Alan’s age. Murder can not be absolutely ruled out by any of this but the pristine condition of the skeleton along with the odd circumstances of his behavior at the gas station, argues against murder.

We all know that people do commit suicide when everything in their lives “appears” to be going well. Sometimes it is a total shock to friends and relatives but other times the signs are there but people are in denial. Sometimes, family will publicly deny any possibility of suicide when they know, or should know, otherwise.

Alan could have gone to the gas station and pretended he was expecting to met someone, knowing it would all be caught on security video. That would creat the possibility that someone he met there abducted and murdered him. He could have left the car where it would not be found right away and walked to an area of dense vegetation where a body was not likely to be found to ingest a fatal does of drugs or poison.
I have had a similar line of thought to yours and I've vocalized it throughout the years. What I don't understand, though, is why the cops won't state that this was even a possible suicide. In fact, and it's been a minute since I read all the articles, but I think at least one member of LE refers to Alan's death as a crime.

To me, who has probably 1% of the available facts, suicide seems like the likeliest option. If it is not, I would love to get even an inkling of the missing facts that make this a likely crime.

along with the odd circumstances of his behavior at the gas station, argues against murder.

What's your take on the behavior at the gas station and how it points to the possibility of self-harm?

I interpret it as waiting for someone (possibly looking for them inside and waiting or searching the parking lot, either for them or for a confirmation of a meeting place). JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enteringnightshift
Back