GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are right about the family.

On the other hand, if you are, and LE doesn't have a good suspect outside the family, then I am upset that they said it was an isolated incident and we needn't worry. That, imo, would be irresponsible.

I'm hesitant to say there's a trend here, but can anyone else remember a recent case like this where LE *did* come out and say there was a threat to the public unless someone was literally seen running down the street with a gun?

Mine is 15 and installed on his iPhone is the Life360app so I can pin point his location at ALL times. He's also required to tell me when he will be home.

Oh I so wish I had that waaaaay back. Good for you, Linda. No more the days of "You're at the movies? Really? Take a picture of it and send it to me now".

Mine is 15 and installed on his iPhone is the Life360app so I can pin point his location at ALL times. He's also required to tell me when he will be home.

i wish i could afford a smartphone for my dumbteens, but they can't keep up with homework! /<3 them, but :scared:/

You're back with your supper question. It's a great one as it would give an exact time when a child was seen last.

BunnyHop I know it sounds far out, but there's people that just do not all eat together. I look out my door and see maybe one or two kids who have to go in and eat. The others scatter and go home or to someone elses and you see them next with a piece of pizza or a hot dog or something. I've seen MacNCheese on a paper plate go down the block. Child sits on a step with friends and eats.

Yes, not all families sit down to a meal together these days. A lot of parents don't even know how to cook. It's sad actually.

Awwww :(

Alanna is absolutely preeeeecious!

BOSTDooCAAA3TIY.jpg:large

:rose: :rose: :rose:

The apple of her mama's eye :)

(The red tape quote is STILL unsourced and does not appear in any of the teenagers' descriptions. Remember, we also saw other incorrect and conflicting info such as the body being in decomp.)

You're back with your supper question. It's a great one as it would give an exact time when a child was seen last.

BunnyHop I know it sounds far out, but there's people that just do not all eat together. I look out my door and see maybe one or two kids who have to go in and eat. The others scatter and go home or to someone elses and you see them next with a piece of pizza or a hot dog or something. I've seen MacNCheese on a paper plate go down the block. Child sits on a step with friends and eats.

That's nice. But we're talking about a 6 year old with siblings. 3 adults in the house. Do you have kids? Do you feed them?

I did it for years, after coming home from hard work. :seeya:

I'm hesitant to say there's a trend here, but can anyone else remember a recent case like this where LE *did* come out and say there was a threat to the public unless someone was literally seen running down the street with a gun?

Jessica Ridgeway case, LE was emphatic pretty early on that she was taken by a predator. Also, Elizabeth and Lyric, to a degree.

I haven't weighed in on this because I haven't seen red tape reported by a convincing source, but yes: I have purple and neon green packing tape at home, and use multicolored tapes at work including red.

Next time you're in Target, go to their home improvement section. Find the packing tape. You'll see all the colors and patterns we're talking about.

We are also near where this occurred and making flowers, wallets, bows, purses, etc. out of duct tape is big around here for the age group of the girls in Alana's family. I've got tons of the stuff. One mom donated 35 rolls of it for a school project--all different colors that she had laying around.

<modsnip> Maybe the child had red tape with her when she left the house.

The not knowing where their six year old was for hours concerns me, but I'm the kind of person who hired a separate sitter to watch the baby sitter on the one time I was forced to have a sitter for my children. I just don't think these parents harmed their child. I hope I'm right.

Oh I so wish I had that waaaaay back. Good for you, Linda. No more the days of "You're at the movies? Really? Take a picture of it and send it to me now".

Roflmao!

It comes in handy too when I look and see my husband is on his way home from work and I ask him to stop at the store and pick me up something... He was caught once lying claiming he past the store already! I said,.. Is that the story you're going to go with? He fell silent. Roflmao!

Once my son deleted the app... Thinking he was slick, lost his phone and was grounded for a month. I refuse to be the parent that has no idea where their child is and where I should looking if god forbid something happens.

That's nice. But we're talking about a 6 year old with siblings. 3 adults in the house. Do you have kids? Do you feed them?

Indeed. I was not speaking about myself. I have an only child and we lived with my parents. We all sat down together.

The post I spoke of refered actually to neighbors who have more than three adults in most of the houses and they are home all day long and nobody cooks. No, it's not nice. It's the way it is in some places unfortunately.

Power to you as I have been there.

Roflmao!

It comes in handy too when I look and see my husband is on his way home from work and I ask him to stop at the store and pick me up something... He was caught once lying claiming he past the store already! I said,.. Is that the story you're going to go with? He fell silent. Roflmao!

Once my son deleted the app... Thinking he was slick, lost his phone and was grounded for a month. I refuse to be the parent that has no idea where their child is and where I should looking if god forbid something happens.

Excellent. Now we know why husbands can't find things in stores. They weren't there.

Come on, Linda this is YOUR son. He has to be slick. That month did him in I am sure.

Yes, I too refused to be the one not knowing. You're a good mom.

I've done more than my share of feeding neighborhood kids that were my sons friends. I was shocked how their parents had no idea where they were or if they had eaten anything,
I had one that would send home at night and he'd sneak out of his house and sleep on my step.

I'm married, and have 3 older kids at home. it's a family effort/rule that everyone watches out for the 2 yr old. sure, hes younger, but i would just think that... people would keep tabs on their kids. not judging them personally, <modsnip>... so, it's just odd, what we know at this point.

I'm the kind of person who hired a separate sitter to watch the baby sitter on the one time I was forced to have a sitter for my children.

That's the best.

So many of us have been Blessed here to not to have to have worried after our children.

Excellent. Now we know why husbands can't find things in stores. They weren't there.

Come on, Linda this is YOUR son. He has to be slick. That month did him in I am sure.

Yes, I too refused to be the one not knowing. You're a good mom.

Thanks Filly! That month drove the point home. It's never happened again. ;)

He still has to be home by dark unless he has special permission and its someplace actually doing something. Not just out & about.

I was just thinking that ! It's been ages since I remember a police force in ANY city saying keep an eye on your kids, don't go out alone or in the dark, etc. So is this now a trend with LE? To not alarm the public? I mean I think we can all think of a bigger more national thing that we were told collectively like 'we've got this under control, don't worry' and I feel like that is to not send us into a panic so people don't stay home from work and the stores and grind the economy to a halt over ... say bird flu or something. So could smaller governments be doing the same ? Nothing to see here folks, go back to work type mentality ? Because what they are saying does not make sense. If it is NOT the family then there IS a killer on the " LOOSE" . If that perp is not in custody that perp is on the loose . So which is it?
When I was young mid 1970's :blushing: if something happened to a child or even if a killer of adults was out and about , people were aware and LE warned the towns and it was a pretty big deal. Alarm bells going off is not good for a community so maybe they've quit doing that. Thoughts ?

I've done more than my share of feeding neighborhood kids that were my sons friends. I was shocked how their parents had no idea where they were or if they had eaten anything,
I had one that would send home at night and he'd sneak out of his house and sleep on my step.

Ditto and thanks. Except for the step. That's a sin.

I was just thinking that ! It's been ages since I remember a police force in ANY city saying keep an eye on your kids, don't go out alone or in the dark, etc. So is this now a trend with LE? To not alarm the public? I mean I think we can all think of a bigger more national thing that we were told collectively like 'we've got this under control, don't worry' and I feel like that is to not send us into a panic so people don't stay home from work and the stores and grind the economy to a halt over ... say bird flu or something. So could smaller governments be doing the same ? Nothing to see here folks, go back to work type mentality ? Because what they are saying does not make sense. If it is NOT the family then there IS a killer on the " LOOSE" . If that perp is not in custody that perp is on the loose . So which is it?
When I was young mid 1970's :blushing: if something happened to a child or even if a killer of adults was out and about , people were aware and LE warned the towns and it was a pretty big deal. Alarm bells going off is not good for a community so maybe they've quit doing that. Thoughts ?

Around me there have been a few " attempted lurings" LE and the schools tell everyone to be vigilant, be alert, walk in groups etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne