GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gallagher-Slaying-Suspect-May-Have-Had-Accomplice-216698261.html

this is new from nbc fort worth it says they are actively inverstigating a second accomplice, but thats all the info they had.

it looks like the LE shot will be ok

Holder was shot in the head and his condition is life-threatening, MedStar EMS confirmed. He was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.

NBC DFW has learned that the bullet may have gone through his chin and missed his brain and that Holder could recover.

I'm not sure if that is just NBC guessing that he could recover...but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/23/5021540/two-shot-including-officer-near.html

A 17-year-old neighbor of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher became a suspect in her death and sexual assault through DNA evidence found on her body and on the buckle of a belt that was wrapped around a tarp holding her body, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Tuesday.

“I don’t know. They won’t give me information,” Kimberly Holder told the Star-Telegram. “I’ve been asked to leave the hospital. I’m so unhappy right now.”

Alanna’s mother, Laura Gallagher, flagged down a Saginaw officer on July 1, reporting that her daughter had left home about 2:30 p.m. that day to play with neighbors and had not come home.

Holder said he also went to apply for a job because he had recently lost his job at a fast-food restaurant. He said he had not had contact with Alanna and that she had never been in his house.

But, according to the affidavit, video taken by surveillance systems at two nearby houses showed that Holder’s car never left the residence that day.

I wonder if they really were onto him early enough that leaving the search warrant in the car that day (where media could spot it) really was tactical.

(I'm still catching up; apologies if this has been posted already.)

I think you are on to something!!! I just checked. The page of the search warrant seizure list that was so carelessly left in open view just happened to be the page listing the items from KG's car!

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/fbi-...ng-confiscated-items-girl-tarp-214165241.html

If it was intentional, maybe they were trying to make the perp think they suspected KG...

Right there with you.
LE said the car or cars seemed to be loitering in the neighborhood, the ones they posted of the surveillance cameras'
Car coming in to visit Tyler, caught on camera.
Car leaving neighborhood to drop off body, caught on camera.
Car coming back in neighborhood to drop off Tyler, caught on camera.
Car leaving neighborhood to go home, caught on camera.
Lots of comings and goings for a car that probably does not live in the neighborhood.

Surely LE has gone over the perp's fb account and is checking out all the people they have identified to see which of them own a car like one of the ones caught on video. They might not have wanted to interview any of them earlier since they didn't want the perp to get nervous and flee. But now, if the person is a known friend, they should be able to match the car to the owner.

So we still don't know whether Holder is dead or alive?

Linda, how is your dog?

OT: today is my daughter's 11th birthday. How does time go SO fast??

Well, that was a lot to catch up on since I left the case last night, halfway through thread 9!

Next up I'd like to know Holder's condition and if this talk of an accomplice is legit.

I have known of people throughout my life that have a imbalance in their brain chemistry and when drugs are alcohol are added the results are not pretty. IMO this creep would fall into that category.

I would not be surprised at all if he had other associates that were deviant as well. It's so easy for people like this to find others over the internet that share the same sick thoughts.

It is hard for me to imagine that his mother didn't suspect anything and if he left on vacation right after this happened then I question "why". (I'm not sure where the vacation information came from and if it's rumor or not. If someone can clarify I would appreciate it.) I can understand reasons for LE not allowing mother to see him or provide her with any information on his condition. It is still a ongoing investigation.

LE may have underestimated how dangerous he is or maybe as another poster mentioned they had people staked out in the neighborhood watching him. I think this is a very good possibility. I think they were waiting on results for an arrest and also possibly trying to gain information about an accomplice. I hope they were able to obtain the information they needed and if someone else is involved we will soon see another arrest.

Like some others here, I think it's possible that TH is deceased. Even with the link to the ME's deceased list (thanks for that!) LE could just as easily withhold that if it would compromise the investigation.

Of, course it's also possible that he was shot in the chin, is expected to recover and doesn't want to see his mom, nor will LE allow her to see him. Again, ongoing investigation.
So he had an accomplice, most likely in one of the black cars. The cars that lingered, and I agree, the car went by the cameras several times, to pick him and his terrible cargo up, then o return him home, then to leave again.
Question: juvenile's records are sealed, but does their DNA still go into the searchable system for LE to compare and search for a match? Furthermore, under what conditions would a crime result in DNA being in the system? I was arrested once, but they didn't take a DNA sample. So, when do they take DNA samples and keep them on file? We can assume that Tyler's DNA was not on file given they had to get a voluntary sample from him. So, what does that say about the kinds of crimes that would be in his juvenile record? assuming he has one, that's sealed.

So now I'm VERY curious as to what led them to his home to take samples. As far as I can remember, his home and the Gallaghers' home were the only ones searched in any capacity. Something had to tie him to the murder very early on.

I'm curious about that too. Well, I'm curious if they had an initial search warrant the day they collected DNA and stayed 30 minutes, and left with the evidence bag. If I understand correctly, he voluntarily gave his DNA, his dogs' DNA, and let them look at his (oh so lovely) phone contents. They had a search warrant for Alanna's parents home. We know, because it was released and we read it. So, they got all that stuff without a warrant. Otherwise, we'd have seen the search warrant by now. So, he commits this heinous crime, and then voluntarily gives everything up to the cops. He's dumb as a post.

Just wanted to clarify something I live here and it would be almost impossible for him to physically carry her body in a tarp and drop it off to Cindy lane. He would pass many depending on which route he took... Through Willow Creek park he would have passed a number of people. If he cut through the neighborhood behind the park it would have been caught on camera. Most houses in that addition have cameras. If he would have went down to Old Decatur Road he would have been seen carrying a tarp or trash bag. EVERY street or possible route he could have took is highly populated during the day. I do not think he carried her off. He would of had to have had a vehicle to use.

CjCw1979
:goodpost: :wagon: Glad you joined us!

I agree that he needed a car to take her there. IMO

This would have been a four minute drive. Approx. 22 minute walk. Very easy to show up and drop if you have no idea what you are dropping or a soul if you do know. jmo

Borrow a car for a few minutes, have your friends show up for a few or fire it up out of the garage for the thrill of it (friend) or a payoff in drugs?

No id on the vehicles put out. No one has come forward. They lingered in the area. Close by. DNA on suspect number 2 is coming, I hope if there is one. jmo
BBM

I could totally see this!

So, now that he's "in custody" (but not arrested). The investigators are looking for this accomplice. How are they doing that? Do they already have a suspect in mind by name?

What are they looking at?
Tyler's phone records
Owners of the two cars (we know LE knows the exact make & model)
Do they have more info from surveillance footage captured near the dump site?
Do either of the two cars show up over there?
When, and for how long?
Are they talking to the ex girlfriend who's in jail for theft?
What would she know, if they were?
She'd know his associates (could she get a deal for helping?)
She might know cars his friends and associates drive.

Did Alanna's family already know the gruesome details of her death that we learned yesterday?

What was the purpose of not releasing Alanna's COD?

Like some others here, I think it's possible that TH is deceased. Even with the link to the ME's deceased list (thanks for that!) LE could just as easily withhold that if it would compromise the investigation.

Of, course it's also possible that he was shot in the chin, is expected to recover and doesn't want to see his mom, nor will LE allow her to see him. Again, ongoing investigation.
So he had an accomplice, most likely in one of the black cars. The cars that lingered, and I agree, the car went by the cameras several times, to pick him and his terrible cargo up, then o return him home, then to leave again.
Question: juvenile's records are sealed, but does their DNA still go into the searchable system for LE to compare and search for a match? Furthermore, under what conditions would a crime result in DNA being in the system? I was arrested once, but they didn't take a DNA sample. So, when do they take DNA samples and keep them on file? We can assume that Tyler's DNA was not on file given they had to get a voluntary sample from him. So, what does that say about the kinds of crimes that would be in his juvenile record? assuming he has one, that's sealed.

I'm curious about that too. Well, I'm curious if they had an initial search warrant the day they collected DNA and stayed 30 minutes, and left with the evidence bag. If I understand correctly, he voluntarily gave his DNA, his dogs' DNA, and let them look at his (oh so lovely) phone contents. They had a search warrant for Alanna's parents home. We know, because it was released and we read it. So, they got all that stuff without a warrant. Otherwise, we'd have seen the search warrant by now. So, he commits this heinous crime, and then voluntarily gives everything up to the cops. He's dumb as a post.

He was arrested. Done deal. jmo xo

Funny that my "who's who" didn't have Tyler on it, even by description.

I knew he was not on there and needed to be added, I just hadn't dug up the early story that covered him yet. He was so early in the investigation, I hadn't gone back that far yet.

I also hadn't yet added YS, I couldn't remember her name

I was going to go look for both in the morning. Ha.

Gallagher Slaying Suspect May Have Had Accomplice
NBC DFW's Scott Gordon contributed to this report.
Tuesday, Jul 23, 2013 | Updated 11:16 PM CDT

Law enforcement sources say investigators are actively looking for a possible second person in connection with the case. Surveillance video shows that Holder's pickup truck never left his house the day Gallagher disappeared...

Holder was shot in the head and his condition is life-threatening, MedStar EMS confirmed...

NBC DFW has learned that the bullet may have gone through his chin and missed his brain and that Holder could recover.
Saginaw teen suspected in 6-year-old’s death is shot in head after wounding officer, police
Dallas Morning News
By SCOTT GOLDSTEIN, LIZ FARMER and JULIE FANCHER
Published: 23 July 2013 08:03 PMUpdated: 23 July 11:43 PM
“He was the kid that you were always really nice to because you didn’t know if he was going to come shoot up the school,” said Mikayla D, 16, a classmate of his from their days at Wayside Middle School. “He was an angry person.”

Four Wal-Mart grocery sacks were taped over the girl’s head with red duct tape around her neck. Her wrists and ankles were bound with the same tape and her body and clothes were wet with an unknown liquid, the documents say.

Investigators later found what is believed to be the same kind of duct tape in trash bags obtained in front of the Holder home.
Lauren A, 15, recalled a confrontation between her older brother and Holder a few years ago after a rare snowfall. Her brother built a snowman, and Holder poured water on it, ruining it, she said.
Lauren’s brother threw a snowball at Holder, who “just turned around and pulled out his pocket knife,” she said.
“He was weird and creepy, and he’s been violent in the past,” Lauren said.
Arrest Warrant Reveals Details In Gallagher Case
CBS/DFW
Brian New Reporting
July 24, 2013 6:39 AM

The arrest warrant also states that Holder’s neighbor, Megan Perez, told police that she had seen the same kind of tarp in Holder’s backyard several months ago, but the tarp was missing after Gallagher was killed. Perez said that Gallagher would come to her house often to play with her daughters. “I saw her so happy all the time,” Perez said, “and to see what she went through during her last couple of breaths is just devastating and disgusting.”

Tyler is arrested & a done deal. Sorry, having a sneezing attack.

I should have added in my last post that maybe his mother encouraged him to cooperate when they obtained DNA samples from him.

I don't think that any answer this guy could ever give for what he did will ever help to provide closure for the family. I'm not sure that he is capable of explaining why he did what he did.

I'm patiently/impatiently awaiting another arrest.

Anyone know what time Holder's mom got home from work that day?

WARNING: contains graphic content

Tyler Holder Capital Murder Arrest Warrant Affidavit

Teen linked to Saginaw girl’s death through DNA evidence

Posted Tuesday, Jul. 23, 2013
By Deanna Boyd and Domingo Ramirez Jr.
SAGINAW — A 17-year-old neighbor of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher became a suspect in her death and sexual assault through DNA evidence found on her body and on the buckle of a belt that was wrapped around a tarp holding her body, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Tuesday...
Katherine Chaumont, an FBI spokeswoman, said officers knocked on Holder’s door about 9 a.m. He was alone in the house.
Holder lived there with his mother, Kimberly Holder. Tuesday afternoon, she referred questions to her attorneys and said she did not know her son’s condition.
“I don’t know. They won’t give me information,” Kimberly Holder told the Star-Telegram. “I’ve been asked to leave the hospital. I’m so unhappy right now.”
Teen accused of killing Alanna Gallagher, 6, and shot in the head by police was 'awkward teen with love of weapons'
Daily Mail Online
By Stuart Woledge
PUBLISHED: 05:50 EST, 24 July 2013 | UPDATED: 06:07 EST, 24 July 2013

article-2375785-1AF55099000005DC-198_306x474.jpg
article-2375785-1AF5508B000005DC-576_306x423.jpg

'Creepy': Those who knew prime suspect Taylor Holder have described a socially awkward teenager with a love of weapons

Belt: A DNA sample taken by police of Holder matched DNA found on Alanna's body and on a belt found at the scene

Cassie Hustede dated Holder until earlier this year. The 20-year-old is currently being held in Tarrant County jail on a burglary charge, but her mother, Patricia, said that she had concerns about Holder from the beginning. 'I said to Cassie, "There’s something bad about him, keep him away from my house".' She explained Holder would visit the house even after Cassie had gone to jail to see how she was doing. She added: 'He fooled me. It just freaks me out that I allowed him in my house, around my kids and my grandkids.'

Within hours of Alanna’s body being found officers reported seeing Tyler Holder 'pacing up and down the sidewalk', the affidavit says. Residents informed police Holder had told them that it was Alanna’s body that had been found, even before the authorities had revealed the identity of the victim. The next day, as officers searched the Gallagher home, Holder was seen standing across the street watching.
UPDATE: Front page of the new arrest warrant for 17-year old Tyler Holder for (attempted) Cap. Murder for...
Fox 4 Dallas Evening news
Twitter @SteveEagar
2:42 PM - 24 Jul 13
Click thumbnail to read
Click the thumbnail below to read a PDF of the arrest warrant.

Attachments

• Alanna Gallagher-Tyler Holder - Arrest Warrant Affadavit.pdf
    726.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 6zni.jpg
    6zni.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
Hmm, I transcribed the reporter's words for the the early (~July 5) video of TH in his driveway because I was hoping to remember more details about Holder being out of town. There is nothing in that voiceover about it, though, but I'm posting the transcript for posterity. Maybe someone can remind me how we knew he was out of town?

Wondering where he went, if Mom went, and who, if anyone, he stayed with.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Saginaw-Child-Found-in-Tarp-Identified-214189511.html

You've seen detectives going in and out of one house in particular, tell us about that.

Just about an hour ago we saw two plainclothes detectives go inside this house (points at Holder's house)

This is two doors down from where 6 year old Alanna Gallgher lived, so it's a neighbor's house.

Officers were in and out of here for about 30 minutes.

Officers left the house with a big brown evidence bag.

Several neighbors tell me a teen lives at that house with his mother. They say he's well known on this block because he mows lawns.

I saw a man leave this house (footage of TH and red station wagon) just a few minutes ago with a woman, I asked what police took from the house, he said police didn't take anything, then he drove off.

According to NBC5, NBC DFW has learned that the bullet may have gone through his chin and missed his brain and that Holder could recover. Link: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Af...een-Suspect-in-Saginaw-Slaying-216739761.html

Although I never commented on this story, it has touched my heart. My daughter lives in the next development over from where this all happened. I have been through the neighborhood countless times over the last five years and it is a wonderful family neighborhood.

From the beginning, I firmly believed the parents did not have anything to do with Alanna's disappearance and murder. My thoughts and prayers are with them as they struggle coming to understandng the horror of their child's death and subsequent activties that have taken place over the last few days.

I also pray for the suspect's mother. I too was a single mother of two teenage girls and it was difficult to keep them on the straight and narrow and hold down a full time job. I pray for her as well as she has lost her child and also dealing with the horror of what her child is accused.

kaelee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member