GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone still think there's a possibility he targeted Alanna because of her parents' lifestyle? Especially after hearing he slashed their tires before the murder and possibly set their car on fire? It seems like Holder had a vendetta against Alanna's family. Or was it just opportunity? If he saw another little girl playing outside by herself, would he have targeted her instead?

Good questions!

maybe jealousy, over their happy home. He had no dad. She had 2.
something to think about.

How did the Gallagher's learn their tires were slashed?

TH came to their door and told them the tires were flat. KG reported to police.

KG noticed TH was continuing to hang around after that.

He reported this to LE and put TH on the phone to speak to the officer.

More detailed video of KG and LG below:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/video?clipId=9128425&topVideoCatNo=237008&autoStart=true

I don't know why this thought just popped into my head, and I probably shouldn't post it "off the cuff" without much thought.....

BUT: considering there had been an "issue" @ Gallagher's before, and what happened to Alanna has been described by LE as "brutal", and if you subscribe to the possibility that he was associated w/ arson of KG's car and her memorial.......

Could it be that he, with no father or father-figure (to our knowledge), was acting from a place of jealousy (?) that she had two?

I would think if he is setting up neighborhood watch he would live at the very least on that street and not be on neighbors hinky list.

He is definitely tweeking on something.....

RBBM

Excellent thought.

Watching some of the TV video provided from there, seems to be a fair amount of tweekers in that area.

Yep. Wonder what rock he crawled out of.

RSBM

I have been locked in the basement for 2 days so I don't know if this is old news

:waitasec: :laugh: I thought you meant literally!

Is he clever enough to try to make it look like it was an attack on their lifestyle? After murdering her in a "fit" of rage/power/whatever?

Good questions!

maybe jealousy, over their happy home. He had no dad. She had 2.
something to think about.

Possible but I don't think he would have been conscious of it. I think he is a hate filled person, and that hate has many sources.

OMG: same thought at the same time

Lol! We have done that before! I think I just deleted or stopped posting cuz you beat me to it!
Great minds!!!
Anyway, I have known jealousy to bring out some pretty awful stuff in people!
Now the kidnapping, rape and murder I think is in a whole different place! Intent to be straight on evil!
btw.....are there kidnapping charges against him?

nevermind about kidnapping charges.....Capital murder is inclusive of kidnapping and sexual assault

. RSBM

Okay, perhaps I'm still not being clear.

1. They found DNA on Alanna.
2. They ran the DNA through the database (I'm assuming!)
3. They didn't get any matches, because if they had, they'd have made an arrest.
4. They collected DNA samples from Tyler, and perhaps others
5. They got the results back Saturday, and Tyler was a match.

Therefore, I'm assuming he'd never had DNA collected before for previous crimes, or they'd have gotten a hit when they ran the samples found on her body.
It's been awhile since I researched the law in Texas, but I don't believe it's among the states with mandatory DNA testing for juvenile arrestees.

If the nature of the crime was such that a warrant was issued to collect a sample for evidence, it wouldn't necessarily be retained in CODIS. Following an acquittal or dismissal, the record would be removed. There are variables, and the question can't be answered without knowing the Texas statutes.

ETA: The attached image is a synopsis of the DNA collection laws in Texas as of 2010. I've also linked the full pdf with in depth information on the laws in 30 states. In short, juvenile arrestees are not tested. Juveniles who enter detention centers are tested. If the juvenile record is sealed, or an expungement order issued, the record is removed, and the sample destroyed.

Collecting DNA from Juveniles

Submitted to:
National Institute of Justice
Office of Justice Programs
U.S. Department of Justice

Here's a link to the statutes
http://law.onecle.com/texas/government/411.1471.00.html

Attachments

• w75f.jpg
    w75f.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 16
Does anyone still think there's a possibility he targeted Alanna because of her parents' lifestyle? Especially after hearing he slashed their tires before the murder and possibly set their car on fire? It seems like Holder had a vendetta against Alanna's family. Or was it just opportunity? If he saw another little girl playing outside by herself, would he have targeted her instead?

What about their lifestyle would he find objectionable?

Investigators should maybe talk to the driver of the car on TH's driveway on Google's street view.

Do you mean in the white car?
Why? Just wondering. For some reason I thought it was a girl. Wonder if its the ex serving time for theft.
Btw......shes serving time.....must be grand theft. Does anyone know? Was it grand theft auto?

:seeya:

No but his lawyer might!

I mean, if he also set the fires...to try to link their lifestyles, after the fact, by making it look like a campaign against them. Could he be smart enough for that? I am doubtful.

Possible but I don't think he would have been conscious of it. I think he is a hate filled person, and that hate has many sources.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but what are the "sources"?

Lol! Guess I'm last one standing tonight!

Yes. We really need him to talk. I wonder with his injury, no access to pot or whatever else he was chronically abusing, if he'll be easy to crack. LE will let him know what they have on him. There are no outs. I think he'll cave pretty quickly. Hope so!
Jmo

I think he will. He seems to crave attention for his crimes.

Look how he left poor little Alanna. He wanted everyone to see what he had done.

Even the slashing of the tires, he was so anxious to have it discovered he was the one who reported it!

He seems to get off on the reactions he gets. I suspect he will greatly enjoy being questioned and getting to tell what he did. Ugh. :(

Why do you say Holder wouldn't find their lifestyle objectionable? There are people out there who have problems with non-traditional families.

After that picture LE found on his phone TH appears to be open to many things. I would hope he would be open to consenting adults doing whatever they want in their relationship.

Unfortunately, Alanna's parents will find out all the details at the trial. :(

I have read a few cases where a murder victim's (or victims') closest family members chose not to attend a trial. I know many want to, and understand why, but I also think not attending is certainly an acceptable choice. (I'm not speaking, of course, of attending as a needed witness.)

I'm not disagreeing with you, but what are the "sources"?

I wouldn't know. But I guess some general possibilities (I'm not saying TH had any of these) are not having a father, being picked on at school, not fitting in, identity problems, attachment problems, sexual or physical abuse, perceived or actual neglect by his mother, losing his job etc. It's no excuse either. I think he was probably born 'hardwired' with problems too. I guess my point is that I think it's hard to pinpoint any single cause or motivation.

Just from what I've read about him being a neighbourhood bully and the criminal acts, he acts like someone with a hatred towards society. I think the murder and rape of Alanna is the ultimate expression of that (among other things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28