GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if this was his 1st time. I am curious if he ever hurt animals, tried to kidnap before, ever raped or got rough with another girl.

Very good questions. I wonder the same. Usually killing (or even raping) is not the first step but an escalation from lesser crimes.

The house in Arlington where my classmate was murdered in 1984 is still standing there. I assume someone lives in it. It is hard to fathom.

Not sure if I could live in a house with a brutal murder occurred.
In fact I know I could not.
I am so sorry about your classmate. I do think I know the case you are talking about too.

I have a feeling it is going to be a fizzle.

Yeah, I think this case is going to stay quiet until the trial. Of course, we will have updates during the pre-trial proceedings, but I am not sure how many "bombshells" will be left. I can definitely see an accomplice being arrested, though.

Almost immediately after that plea, Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents Dustin Hamby and Brian Whidby spent more than two hours picking Brunn's brain, trying to learn as much as they could about him, to help them in future cases.

After several minutes of repeated questions and coaxing Ryan Brunn finally admitted that he had fondled children before he killed Jorelys Rivera.

"I guess I did it more than one time. I guess I did it a few times but it wasn't in the same day."

But what made him take the giant leap from fondling a child to molesting and brutally killing Jorelys? Could it have been something in his past?

"I wasn't molested, no. You sure about that? I'm pretty sure that I can recall I wasn't."

He said he he was always attracted to children and started looking at child *advertiser censored* on the Internet about a year ago when he lived with his mother in Dahlonega. But he said he never acted out, he never had sexual intentions until one moment in time on December 2nd, the day he coaxed Jorelys into a vacant apartment by stealing her roller blade.

"When I seen her skate down on the ground I thought about it that day. I didn't never think nothing like that before."

http://www.wltz.com/story/16755728/gbi-releases-tape

I wonder if people who do not use and abuse children will ever truly understand the motivations of those who do. And really, are we taking a risk with our own mental health to even try? I have really tried to figure out the why's concerning some child abusers in my own life, and it seems my brain will just not let me go there. And I have to wonder if there is a good reason for that.

I have been a hairstylist for 40 years and in no way attacking a 'style'. I am sleuthing his 'changes" the time frame of age, cruise,sytle change, dropping oit of school, any lifestyle changes.

ita passion, his looks have changed drastically:twocents:

Well just looking at his FB, his account basically starts in Jan. 2012 when he would have been 16.

We are only seeing posts that he left up and fractured convo with people who deleted him since this all happened.

My question would be, Where was he until Jan. 2012? Most kids are on FB continuously from early teen years, IMO.

Since the spokesperson for the public school district announced that TH hadn't been in THAT district attending school since 2010, Where was he?

I'm only guessing, but I'll bet he was in a juvie lock-up or in a residential facility where he was either mandated to be or voluntarily. Pretty sure that unrestricted use of the internet is prohibited in either of those facilities.

Wonder if he had a MySpace account before the Jan. 2011 date.

Anyway, if he were AWAY, he was probably taking prescribed medications for (for instance) impulse control/anger management, as hinted by neighbors accounts. If we surmise, that once he got home or released from hypothetical facility, it would not be a stretch to assume he STOPPED taking the medications and started to self-medicate. This self-medication could have taken the form of smoking marijuana, drinking (whiskey), and taking oxycodone..all of which are evident on his FB page.

This is one possible explanation for TH's metamorphosis from skinny little gamer/stoner into fat unkempt dreadlocked killer. He has/had behavioral/mental issues that were being fed with illegal substances instead of being legitimately managed with prescribed medications.

Procuring these illegal substances took him into the underbelly of society and hooked him up with criminal characters.....not hard to find. I wouldn't be surprised if he traded sex for drugs.

Just a possible scenario for the visible changes and all JMO.

Makes me wonder if there's a rational thought process accompanying the escalation or if it's just the perp following impulses.

I don't mean to imply that the perp is not responsible for his/her actions.

In the link, he says he never thought those things before. Well, he obviously HAD thought about a child in a sexual way before. Otherwise, how could he know he was always attracted to children? If you don't have any desire, you don't know you are attracted. Pedophiles can't just strike up a relationship with someone. The only means to their desires, are to molest. The escalation, I believe, is them simply justifying their behavior along the way. So, there is no problem luring her. He has convinced himself in every step of his deviancy, that what he is doing is not wrong. With these unintelligent and messy pedophiles, they often just freak out and have to murder. They know society thinks what they've done is wrong. Yet, they are happy with what they have done, they inject themselves into the investigation. Both to make themselves look innocent, and because it's part of the thrill.

I believe molesters are no different then any other person, who justifies their behavior, step by step. Look at Jerry Sandusky! He justified his behavior as love, and that he was helping poor kids. He was intelligent, and could groom a child not to talk. He could fool everyone around him. TH and killers like him, can't do that. Molesters and child killers are the same as any criminal, who justifies their behavior. EVERY criminal has the ability (unless they are legally insane) to control their impulses. Escalation, in my opinion, is justifying their impulses, until they get what they want.

It's not rational to me, but it's the way people who are irrational justify their behavior. IMO.

I couldn't agree more. They should not be allowed to have parole and let free on good behavior only to molest, rape, torture again.
Immediate death not years on death row.

ITA

Look at the guy that killed Cherish Perrywinkle. Donald Smith was out of prison for what....2-3 weeks before he hunted down Cherish and killed her. He has a history of targeting children that goes back 30 years. He should never have been released.

Sex offender David Renz managed to cut his GPS anklet off and then reattached it...it didn't set off any bells and whistles. He then scampered off to the local mall where he attacked a mother and her daughter. Raped the girl....stabbed the mother to death.

IMO if you need to be followed by GPS....you shouldn't be out on the streets at all. If you like going after little kids....I think instant death would be most appropriate. Just drag them out back and make them dig their own grave. We have problems with over crowding in prisons.....well, take out the sex offenders, that will free up some space.

Everything has gone quiet in this case.

The last we heard was that LE was looking for a possible accomplice(s).

I'm going back to the two cars captured on neighbors surveillance video. Just in my opinion, I think that is where LE is too. Just like they walked up and knocked on TH's door, they are going to do the same with the "accomplice", if they have not already turned themselves in and are busy making deals.

I believe that TH knew where the neighbor surveillance cameras were and CHOSE not to use his car that day because he thought it would keep him under the radar. I mean, he rode around on a bike at night, he probably scoped out the cameras as well as things targeted to steal.

Hoping they get the accomplice and their part of the story soon.

As far as the mother's car goes....he very well may have used that to transport Alanna, while his mother was showering or what not. I'd hate to think SHE helped him intentionally.

With it being so quiet, I have a feeling things are getting ready to blow wide opened!!
I'm surprised the white corvette(?) hasn't been flagged as an object of interest in the case. Someone speculated a while back that whoever owned the white corvette could have replaced it for one of the black cars in recent weeks.
The Ford Edge as well. ALL linked to TH.

Just wondering if this was his 1st time. I am curious if he ever hurt animals, tried to kidnap before, ever raped or got rough with another girl.
I searched missing animals in the area and found a couple of cats and a dog missing the past few months.

ITA

Look at the guy that killed Cherish Perrywinkle. Donald Smith was out of prison for what....2-3 weeks before he hunted down Cherish and killed her. He has a history of targeting children that goes back 30 years. He should never have been released.

Sex offender David Renz managed to cut his GPS anklet off and then reattached it...it didn't set off any bells and whistles. He then scampered off to the local mall where he attacked a mother and her daughter. Raped the girl....stabbed the mother to death.

IMO if you need to be followed by GPS....you shouldn't be out on the streets at all. If you like going after little kids....I think instant death would be most appropriate. Just drag them out back and make them dig their own grave. We have problems with over crowding in prisons.....well, take out the sex offenders, that will free up some space.

I agree, an ankle bracelet isn't going to stop this type of criminal. I have very little faith in rehabbing sexually violent deviant criminals.

In the link, he says he never thought those things before. Well, he obviously HAD thought about a child in a sexual way before. Otherwise, how could he know he was always attracted to children? If you don't have any desire, you don't know you are attracted. Pedophiles can't just strike up a relationship with someone. The only means to their desires, are to molest. The escalation, I believe, is them simply justifying their behavior along the way. So, there is no problem luring her. He has convinced himself in every step of his deviancy, that what he is doing is not wrong. With these unintelligent and messy pedophiles, they often just freak out and have to murder. They know society thinks what they've done is wrong. Yet, they are happy with what they have done, they inject themselves into the investigation. Both to make themselves look innocent, and because it's part of the thrill.

I believe molesters are no different then any other person, who justifies their behavior, step by step. Look at Jerry Sandusky! He justified his behavior as love, and that he was helping poor kids. He was intelligent, and could groom a child not to talk. He could fool everyone around him. TH and killers like him, can't do that. Molesters and child killers are the same as any criminal, who justifies their behavior. EVERY criminal has the ability (unless they are legally insane) to control their impulses. Escalation, in my opinion, is justifying their impulses, until they get what they want.

It's not rational to me, but it's the way people who are irrational justify their behavior. IMO.

bbm

I think this is exactly what TH is.

bbm

I think this is exactly what TH is.

I do too. Which is why I learn toward the accomplice being post death. She was wrapped so neatly, compared to the evidence left behind. I imagine someone actually participating, and leaving all that evidence behind. Then again, it doesn't seem like he associated with real winners.

I do too. Which is why I learn toward the accomplice being post death. She was wrapped so neatly, compared to the evidence left behind. I imagine someone actually participating, and leaving all that evidence behind. Then again, it doesn't seem like he associated with real winners.

bbm

I think the accomplice was only helping wrap and dispose of Alanna, too, probably brought in after the murder. The "after" is so much tidier than the "before"--seems to indicate separate and opposite personalities.

Sorry for that mental picture and so, so sorry, darling little girl. :rose:

I do believe that haunted houses, and MAYBE ones where murder was committed need to be disclosed. However, I would have no problem living in one. I seem to be immune to ghosts, although I can/do pick up on feelings floating in the air.

My opinion only

Yeah, I don't believe in ghosts. At all.

But I do believe in energy.

Can you imagine being the real estate agent that has to stand and say..."Well now folks this here house has granite counter tops, rain forest shower heads and a ghost."

:scared:

I agree, an ankle bracelet isn't going to stop this type of criminal. I have very little faith in rehabbing sexually violent deviant criminals.

But...but...couldn't we develop an ankle bracelet with a high voltage electrode that would ZAP them? Please? :please: and maybe a back up pack that sprays them with bear spray?

COME ON. I waaant it to happen.

In her case, it wasn't required, because he was established as the father. When a single parent applies, establishment of paternity is ordered.

Thank you. I find it interesting that in my friends case there was no push for father to offer support, just his name was needed. He is still paying nothing.

I'm surprised the white corvette(?) hasn't been flagged as an object of interest in the case. Someone speculated a while back that whoever owned the white corvette could have replaced it for one of the black cars in recent weeks.
The Ford Edge as well. ALL linked to TH.

I searched missing animals in the area and found a couple of cats and a dog missing the past few months.

Apparently the white car in the Google Earth pics was not seen on the surveillence tapes on July 1, so LE is sure it wasn't at Tyler's house.

FWIW I helped a friend go through the paperwork process for food stamps in Texas (actually a debit card - who knew???) within the last 18 mos. Her husband emptied the bank account and moved out of the house leaving a SAHM w 3 kids, a huge mortgage, and no money. For food stamps there was no requirement that the father be contacted at all. She was very worried about that because she thought he might fight her for the kids and didn't want him to know that she was receiving aid. I don't know what would have happened had she applied for more than food stamps. He kept the kids on the insurance so she didn't apply for that.

The town that her parents live in/near has just over 1000 people "in town". There is a good chance that they live outside of town where "sewage" would be "septic". Probably at the time that the trailer was put in, if it needed a separate septic system it would have only cost a few thousand dollars. Current laws often require a more complicated version of septic system and it would have been more expensive. There is also a chance that they hooked the trailer up to the septic system that was already in place for the parent's house. I have the older style septic and it is oversized for the house as it was put in with an addition/pool house build in mind. To hook up to that would have been a minimal cost.

As to the water, again assuming that they are outside of the city limits, there are plenty of cases around here where all of the water supply on a particular property comes from one water meter. I have family in the general area that run 4 different buildings from 1 meter. It is all legal in their case, barn, work shop, well house has a bathroom (well is to fill tank/water stock when water table is up), house. Of course, the family could be running purely off of well water - not too common here, but not unheard of either.

Also, remember a "yard" might well be a number of acres. I live in a subdivision outside of town and my "yard" is measured in acres.

I don't live inn Texas, but out in the country where I live. We have all kinds od rules. Property has to be legal in order to have another functional home on it. We also have acreage requiirements and also road frontage and setbacks from wells , other property and septic systems. Homes have to have sewage ( in our case septic system at minimum $20,000 and up). Our septic requiirements are based on how many bedrooms you have.

Water comes from a well and there is no way we could hook up another house to our well. Here, generally to drill a well is about $15,000.

I was wondering because rules are so different in other parts of the country. It sounds like it is a lot easier to have a trailer on your property in Texas, so the parents may not have had to put out that much cash and labor to do it. And the trailer could have been close to the home whereas whereas where I live, that could not be possible. It is simply not allowed. The parents could have had a lot of interaction, then, with their grandchild.

Also, where I live, you cannot haul in any old trailer. They have to meet code because so many trailers used to burn down and kill the people inside in minutes.

I do believe that haunted houses, and MAYBE ones where murder was committed need to be disclosed. However, I would have no problem living in one. I seem to be immune to ghosts, although I can/do pick up on feelings floating in the air.

My opinion only

It varies by state about whether the realtor has to disclose that a murder (or any death) happened in the house.

Texas law states, in summary, that disclosure is only needed if the house caused the death. What does that mean? The biggest example always used is say a house was a known drug house. Someone got mad and did a drive-by shooting and someone died. Upon resale, the death would need to be disclosed because if word does not spread around the drug community that the house had been sold, the new owners might be at risk.

An example of where murder does not have to be disclosed is if there was a home invasion and the robbers tragically murdered the home owners. It could have been any house, so the house wouldn't remain in harms way.

http://donnahomesblog.com/post/1865152/does-death-in-a-home-have-to-be-disclosed-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop