GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks everyone! I have been lurking and keeping up but still trying to learn the ropes and rules:)

Makes you wonder how KH performs her job, with all this hanging over her.

I would guess it's extremely difficult for her to do anything. I really try and keep my mind away from that side of things but being a parent, I can't imagine finding myself in this situation. It would be a nightmare and I wouldn't know what to think, say or do.

What can she do other than get counsel to guide her and basically go into hiding? Counsel would most likely advise her not to speak and the public may take their outrage out on her if she is accessible.

I would guess it's extremely difficult for her to do anything. I really try and keep my mind away from that side of things but being a parent, I can't imagine finding myself in this situation. It would be a nightmare and I wouldn't know what to think, say or do.

What can she do other than get counsel to guide her and basically go into hiding? Counsel would most likely advise her not to speak and the public may take their outrage out on her if she is accessible.

I would be completely paralyzed and sick.

I can't believe how much this has slowed down. I guess I'm glad I don't have pages to catch up on as I've been so busy the past few weeks, but that's my own selfish reason.....I think I'd rather see so much progress being made that I couldn't catch up. Sad.

Is this normal?

Seems normal to me. Many cases out there that have things going on that share the attention from many posters. So when one slacks off the other boards with things going on get busy. Once we start seeing more information with this case then we will see it get busy again. I wish we had more information on a possible 2nd suspect ( unless I missed it since I have not been able to follow this case closely last couple of weeks.) I've been busy too. A/C broke ( Thank God this summer has not been to bad with the heat), a pipe in the wall broke and last couple of weeks back to school with one while my baby is starting this yr all while dealing with my youngest being sick. Still waiting for test to come back to see what is wrong with him. Running on barely any sleep all summer.

To me this case followed the same kind of trajectory as Jessica Ridgeway, unfortunately. A frenzy of activity and speculation, followed by an arrest, some lateral interest/questioning of how much Austin Sigg's mother knew, and now the JR thread only gets occasional updates as he sits in prison awaiting trial. No news = nothing to discuss. (I don't know when this thread will move to awaiting trial; I guess TH hasn't been 'arraigned' yet? Maybe when a trial date is officially set?)

I definitely still care, though, I just don't have anything to say until the next thing happens.

Any word on the accomplice(s) and the driver who helped dump the body?
LE mentioned an accomplice then it went silent. Creepy to think they are still roaming the streets. Hope they are being watched very carefully.

Any word on the accomplice(s) and the driver who helped dump the body?
LE mentioned an accomplice then it went silent. Creepy to think they are still roaming the streets. Hope they are being watched very carefully.

No word, but I'm an Occam's razor kind of girl. I think the simplest explanation is that he used KH's car, after she got home from work. Either he borrowed it, and made up some excuse, or he did it, as someone suggested, while she was in the shower. May he offered to go pick up takeout.

I'm sure LE has talked with her at length, and we know they'd know when her car came and went that day from the surveillance videos. I've thought about what RC said regarding his stolen car key that was recovered at Tyler Holder's home:

“We only thought he stole the navigation card,” Costello said. “Come to find out, what we didn’t know, is he also took a spare key to my truck.”

Costello said that nothing indicates Holder ever accessed his pickup and that security surveillance systems reviewed by police apparently showed that the truck never left the driveway after Costello came home from work July 1.
emphasis mine.

I think it's worth noting, that given the time she was found, she probably was dumped there in the after work hours. Tyler working alone is the simplest answer. Time will tell.

If they have tracked down drivers of any vehicles that were up-to-now unaccounted for on the surveillance videos, they've certainly questioned them, and possibly collected DNA to compare to whatever they collected on Allanna or the wrappings.

LDHummingbird, are you still reading here? How are Alanna's parents holding up now that the case has quieted down. Is that helping them grieve or was it better to have the distraction of all the attention?

Have they heard anything about the investigation into either the murder or the arsons? I haven't stopped thinking about Alanna's family.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/29/5038936/arlington-officer-shot-during.html#storylink=cpy

I hope that answers come soon for Alanna's family, I'm not sure how I feel about TH's condition, I guess glad he will have to stand in court and deal with the consequences of his horrendous actions, but sad that Alanna's family may have to go through a trial. As for TH' s mother, I can't imagine what she may be going through. When I read "We Need to Talk About Kevin" I thought that was the worst thing a parent could go through, this case is much worse and real.

No word, but I'm an Occam's razor kind of girl. I think the simplest explanation is that he used KH's car, after she got home from work. Either he borrowed it, and made up some excuse, or he did it, as someone suggested, while she was in the shower. May he offered to go pick up takeout.

I think it's worth noting, that given the time she was found, she probably was dumped there in the after work hours. Tyler working alone is the simplest answer. Time will tell.

If they have tracked down drivers of any vehicles that were up-to-now unaccounted for on the surveillance videos, they've certainly questioned them, and possibly collected DNA to compare to whatever they collected on Allanna or the wrappings.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/29/5038936/arlington-officer-shot-during.html#storylink=cpy

snipped

I agree. It would make the most sense is that he borrowed mom's car. I'd hate to think she found her and offered to help clean up out of fear of him being arrested.

I agree your theory makes the most sense.
Since, LE has dropped the accomplice in their press conferences, it might be safe to say that TH was the only suspect.

snipped

I agree. It would make the most sense is that he borrowed mom's car. I'd hate to think she found her and offered to help clean up out of fear of him being arrested.

I agree your theory makes the most sense.
Since, LE has dropped the accomplice in their press conferences, it might be safe to say that TH was the only suspect.

They only stated that TH's car had never left BB that day, didn't they? KH's car would have to have left in order for her to go to and from work. I would sure like to know if they have footage of her car leaving again after she got back from work.

They only stated that TH's car had never left BB that day, didn't they? KH's car would have to have left in order for her to go to and from work. I would sure like to know if they have footage of her car leaving again after she got back from work.

Yes that's right, they ONLY said that his car never left Babbling Brook that day, they didn't say a word about what her car did. We do know that they searched her car and had a warrant specifically for her car. That would suggest to me they couldn't rule her car out the way they could his.

As far as I recall they haven't said one word about what her car did that day. We have all assumed she was at work.

Although, there were theories floated that she might not even be living there, or that she might be staying somewhere else many nights. If she had a relationship we don't know it, (and have no business hunting.) The point is we don't know anything about what she or her car did that day, as nothing has been reported at all. It's a big void.

I remember the police going through mom's car, but I thought that they didn't impound it. If they thought that it was used as transport (ugh, so sorry) wouldn't they have held on to it as evidence? Am I wrong that she kept possession of her car?

Hi everyone, new to case. Praying for the families. I take it THs mom is in hiding? I can only imagine. How are Alanna's parents holding up? :(

I remember the police going through mom's car, but I thought that they didn't impound it. If they thought that it was used as transport (ugh, so sorry) wouldn't they have held on to it as evidence? Am I wrong that she kept possession of her car?

I never saw anything about KH's car being impounded.

Jumping in to get this thread on my WS Subscriptions/Radar...

:seeya:

P.S. I have one word for Holder's mugshot... HIDEOUS! :eek:

Presumably, LE knew that Holder was the perp before the fires. However, the fact that he was able to set the fires (I'm assuming he did) means that LE wasn't watching him. Why not? Did they not think he would strike again so quickly? Was it just a issue of cost? It makes me wonder because people always say that in cases that are unsolved, that LE keeps their eye on the perp, but do they really? They might know that so-and-so is the killer, yet not have enough evidence to bring the case to trial, and not have the resources to watch this person for months/years.

My overly optimistic theory is that they know it was him who set the fires but they were not ready to blow their cover, so they had one of the neighbors call it in.

However, if this theory were true, you'd wonder why he hasn't been charged with the arson, and why it wasn't included in the arrest warrant.

My overly optimistic theory is that they know it was him who set the fires but they were not ready to blow their cover, so they had one of the neighbors call it in.

However, if this theory were true, you'd wonder why he hasn't been charged with the arson, and why it wasn't included in the arrest warrant.

Because they have "bigger fish to fry". IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capturedlive
Back