GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for the same reason.

We're still thinking about you, Alanna.....

I think about Alanna all the time. Anytime I see purple flowers I think of her, a child in a purple outift I think about her, kids swimming in the pool I think about her. I was swimming the day after I heard about what happened and I was surround by small happy smiling faces, splashing in the water having fun, she was all I could think about. How dare TH take that away from her :stormingmad:

I'm hopefully visiting SCHMAE in a couple of years time and I have insisted she takes me to saginaw lol I want to take some purple flowers in memory of AG <3 I will never forget her beautiful face in the field of 'blue bonnets'

mqj7.jpg

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: Alanna :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

August 8th is the last news article that I can find. A month and a week ago. I have said before that I have never watched a case like this, but I am having such a hard time imagining that there is no news at all. Just like it is forgotten. I am sure law enforcement hasn't forgotten, and I know the family most certainly hasn't forgotten, but like the rest of the world just started moving again and forgot. I just expected more news. Trial dates and reports of psych evaluations and I don't even know what else, but something.

August 8th is the last news article that I can find. A month and a week ago. I have said before that I have never watched a case like this, but I am having such a hard time imagining that there is no news at all. Just like it is forgotten. I am sure law enforcement hasn't forgotten, and I know the family most certainly hasn't forgotten, but like the rest of the world just started moving again and forgot. I just expected more news. Trial dates and reports of psych evaluations and I don't even know what else, but something.

I don't know what the media is suppose to report. The pre-trial hearings haven't begun yet. No one from Alanna or Tyler's family are talking. LE isn't releasing new information.

There are two other cases I am following right now, which are in the pre-trial phase. There's only new articles after a hearing, which is not even once a month.

I've seen unsolved cases go months without media coverage, sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessica Ridgeway was the first case I followed here. Even though there has been a trickle of news about Sigg it is jarring the way it just seems to come to a halt once a suspect is in custody. Meanwhile, the families have to endure their grief. I think with Tyler's injuries there has been an even longer delay in proceedings than usual. I hope Alanna's family is relieved to have the media off them.

Jessica Ridgeway was the first case I followed here. Even though there has been a trickle of news about Sigg it is jarring the way it just seems to come to a halt once a suspect is in custody. Meanwhile, the families have to endure their grief. I think with Tyler's injuries there has been an even longer delay in proceedings than usual. I hope Alanna's family is relieved to have the media off them.

I don't think most families of crime victims want a media circus unless it will find their relative or get their killer arrested. I think most would prefer for the trial to be low-key, so their loved one's killer doesn't become a celebrity. I think that if Alanna and Jessica's family were dissatisfied that the cases aren't in the media anymore, they would do something about it, such as interviews. I also think families of crime victims only put up with media coverage in the hope that it will lead to justice for their loved one. Once the killer is arrested, media coverage isn't necessary, and the family no longer has to deal with noisy reporters, strangers commenting and criticizing everything they do, etc.

I don't think we can really "compare" the media coverage when a case first happens to when it's in that pre-trial phase. When there's nothing happening, there's nothing to report. I would be more surprised if say, Austin Sigg's trial gets very little media attention since it was such a huge story when Jessica went missing.

I don't think most families of crime victims want a media circus unless it will find their relative or get their killer arrested. I think most would prefer for the trial to be low-key, so their loved one's killer doesn't become a celebrity. I think that if Alanna and Jessica's family were dissatisfied that the cases aren't in the media anymore, they would do something about it, such as interviews. I also think families of crime victims only put up with media coverage in the hope that it will lead to justice for their loved one. Once the killer is arrested, media coverage isn't necessary, and the family no longer has to deal with noisy reporters, strangers commenting and criticizing everything they do, etc.

I don't think we can really "compare" the media coverage when a case first happens to when it's in that pre-trial phase. When there's nothing happening, there's nothing to report. I would be more surprised if say, Austin Sigg's trial gets very little media attention since it was such a huge story when Jessica went missing.

I completely agree with you. It pains to me to think of the effect that extensive media coverage has on families who don't want it. I could think of nothing worse than grieving while having my private life on display for complete strangers. I was pretty shocked that the search warrants were published. I'm pretty sure nothing like that is allowed in Australia. I got the impression that the Gallagher's didn't want media attention, so I hope that now they have the privacy they didn't get in the initial aftermath.

Oh I certainly don't want the family harassed. I just mean that everything has stopped. To compare (and maybe it isn't a fair comparison), Ariel Castro (the man in Cleveland OH who held women hostage for years) was found out just a month before this happened with Alanna. His trial was already over. He was convicted. Justice was served. From the time the victims were found to the time he was convicted was roughly 3 months.

My point being this just seems to be so very very very slow. I do believe the family should have every right to mourn in private and media coverage has to be a double edges sword. I just can't believe that everything seems to have slowed down to a crawl.

Oh I certainly don't want the family harassed. I just mean that everything has stopped. To compare (and maybe it isn't a fair comparison), Ariel Castro (the man in Cleveland OH who held women hostage for years) was found out just a month before this happened with Alanna. His trial was already over. He was convicted. Justice was served. From the time the victims were found to the time he was convicted was roughly 3 months.

My point being this just seems to be so very very very slow. I do believe the family should have every right to mourn in private and media coverage has to be a double edges sword. I just can't believe that everything seems to have slowed down to a crawl.

Castro's arrest and sentencing did happen very close to each other. Did the defense ask for a speedy trial? Or did Castro plead guilty? I don't think someone getting arrested and convicted within 3 months is common at all.

In Jessica's case, her killer was arrested in late October 2011. Jury selection is supposed to begin on September 20. There have been very little delays in Jessica's case, and it still took about a year to go to trial.

Castro's arrest and sentencing did happen very close to each other. Did the defense ask for a speedy trial? Or did Castro plead guilty? I don't think someone getting arrested and convicted within 3 months is common at all.

In Jessica's case, her killer was arrested in late October 2011. Jury selection is supposed to begin on September 20. There have been very little delays in Jessica's case, and it still took about a year to go to trial.

Like I said, I don't usually follow these things, so my ideas may be terribly off base.

Yes, Castro plead guilty to 937 criminal counts of rape, kidnapping, and aggravated murder as part of a plea bargain - life in prison without the chance of parole plus 1,000 years. There was no trial, he knew there was no way he would be aquitted.

(I think you mean October 2012. Time flies, sigh.)

In that case, you had four live victims, and Castro pleaded guilty.

In cases like Alanna's, where the victim is deceased, and scads of collected evidence must be tested and analyzed -- in addition to the many steps along the long road of due process -- the timeline increases greatly.

Nothing has stopped. That's only our perception as the general public.

Last Friday I was looking for garage sales. There was one near Cindy/Roundrock, and one near Babbling Brook. I drove down Babbling Brook and TH's house is for sale (as we know) and another house on the street is for rent. I wondered if that was a new development. I don't think I could continue to live there. I guess its because the case really gets to me, but I felt heaviness in my heart just driving past.

Bumping for the sweet baby! I check every day at the Tarrant County Docket site and there is nothing upcoming for TH in the next month...

Bumping for you, baby girl :rose:

I don't care if I never find out how/why her body was left on that street. Instead, I'd like to believe that Alanna's spirit stayed on earth long enough to make sure her body was found quickly and returned to her family. Even as an atheist I like that better than any of the other scenarios.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catdog1234
Back