GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find any cases where this term erotic asphyxiation was linked directly to a murdered child's case- I know what it is, but was having a hard time wrapping my head around someone utilizing an additional sadistic form of torture on a young child, as if a rape and murder wasn't horrendous enough.
..I guess it could be interchangeable with strangulation in this specific type of crime?? Do you understand what I mean? How many times could strangulation actually be a 'erotic asphyxiation' in the perp's mind, in a case with a child?

IIRC.. The green splotch was described as being the size of a softball...

Jumping off your post... And thinking about bodies of water...

could the perp have bound the arms and legs to insure AG remain submerged if placed in water?

Just thinking out loud here...

:dunno:

One good thing is that the location of the body and evidence around it was not washed away...leading me to think LE can get fingerprints. DNA fibers and other evidence.

The fact that the missing person report came almost 2 hours after her body was found gives me the chills.
The red truck may be LE wanting to dot their I's and cross their T's. otherwise when the case goes to trial they would be accused of focusing on one person and not following all leads. JMO

One good thing is that the location of the body and evidence around it was not washed away...leading me to think LE can get fingerprints. DNA fibers and other evidence.

The fact that the missing person report came almost 2 hours after her body was found gives me the chills.
The red truck may be LE wanting to dot their I's and cross their T's. otherwise when the case goes to trial they would be accused of focusing on one person and not following all leads. JMO

Location and timing both are on LE's side, I would think. Lots of evidence and not much chance of degredation. Whoever did this HAS to know they are going down for it. I hope they are sweating bullets.

Jeff Smith ‏@JeffSmithNBC5 6m

Saginaw murder: Cops spend 30 minutes at neighbors house, left w/ evidence bag. See exclusive video @nbcdfw pic.twitter.com/6o9FPOJS03

https://twitter.com/JeffSmithNBC5

BOa9iyCCAAIdw93.jpg:large

I couldn't find any cases where this term erotic asphyxiation was linked directly to a murdered child's case- I know what it is, but was having a hard time wrapping my head around someone utilizing an additional sadistic form of torture on a young child, as if a rape and murder wasn't horrendous enough.
..I guess it could be interchangeable with strangulation in this specific type of crime?? Do you understand what I mean? How many times could strangulation actually be a 'erotic asphyxiation' in the perp's mind, in a case with a child?

"There are a number of them that will strangle [the victim], bring them back, let them go unconscious, bring them back -- essentially torturing them. John Wayne Gacy was pretty famous for that. It goes back to that control of life and death. You'll see that kind of behavior more from sexual sadists than you will from a straight killing. They enjoy that component. That control. It allows them to engage with the victim the way they want, but not kill them, at least not outright."

- http://www.aolnews.com/2010/04/04/expert-no-surprise-cleveland-victims-strangled/

I live in saginaw, about a mile from where this happened and have a storage unit at storage king. The storage facility is accessed by keying your code into the keypad. It has 24 hour surveillance, and you have to exit the same gate you enter. There is no other point of entry to drive through. It's pretty secure. :)

There are plenty of vacant land all around that area. Some of it is pretty heavily treed as well. I've been wondering the same thing about why she was left where she was. It makes no sense to me. This one is WAY too close to home for me!

I'm happy to answer questions about the layout of the area, etc. :)

Lori thanks for being willing to answer questions. Could you tell me if the street that Alanna was found is a bumpy road. Especially the spring hill Cindy and round rock roads. Thanks much

Some people, such as Cyril Wecht, think EA might be involved in JonBenet's death, but that's just a theory.

In consensual sexual relations, yes. Or, when one is pleasuring themselves alone. But, predators and murderers have also been known to use it to have further control over their victim -- as in, they can literally control whether their victim lives or dies, how long it takes them to die, etc. It's a sadistic form of torture in that instance.

I'm no expert, but I'd call that just plain old asphyxiation/torture. IMO, erotic asphyxiation is really commonly thought of as a consensual/individual sexual practice.

Rest in Peace, sweet Alanna. :(

attachment.php

I'm not very good at telling kids' ages (and you can't see how tall she is here), but she looks a bit younger that some of the other photos I've seen, and she's still got the dark circles under her eyes. I think it's genetic/bone structure (my ex-H had them really badly very young) or allergies.

So glad to see this thread and get caught up. This is my neighborhood. Still in shock and none of the news makes any sense so I'm anxious to read through this and see what yall have pieced together. Has anyone found the mom's online journal yet? Someone on our local fb page mentioned she journaled online so I am curious to see that if so..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

So glad to see this thread and get caught up. This is my neighborhood. Still in shock and none of the news makes any sense so I'm anxious to read through this and see what yall have pieced together. Has anyone found the mom's online journal yet? Someone on our local fb page mentioned she journaled online so I am curious to see that if so..

Mother has a LiveJournal, I didn't read too much, mostly craft/knitting/quilting entries, both Male occupants have one also- one's pretty much friends only and the other hasn't been updated for a few years. HTH

Yes, all that has been found but we can't sleuth family members on here, we can only post what is in MSM and provide a link. Anything else is against the TOS on here.

This is your neighborhood? I can only imagine what that must be like! Do you know the family? Do you or the neighbors suspect anyone known in the area?

I'm no expert, but I'd call that just plain old asphyxiation/torture. IMO, erotic asphyxiation is really commonly thought of as a consensual/individual sexual practice.

There are two different types when it comes to murder (and, often, they blend together). One involves control over the victim (i.e. plain torture); the other involves an erotic arousal on the part of the perpetrator. Studies have shown that killers who engage in some type of asphyxiation with their victim often participated in erotic asphyxiation either alone or consensually with someone else. Their personal paraphilic disturbances are comorbid with their preferred method of torture/killing. I think in common societal lingo, we often think of EA as being consensual and involving another consenting adult or doing it alone. But, it does occur in homicides/sexual crimes and can have an erotic bend to it. BTK (Dennis Rader) and the I-70 killer are two examples of killers who engaged in EA as part of their personal lives as well as their killings. Rader was known to use plastic bags, too.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17980531

I'm not very good at telling kids' ages (and you can't see how tall she is here), but she looks a bit younger that some of the other photos I've seen, and she's still got the dark circles under her eyes. I think it's genetic/bone structure (my ex-H had them really badly very young) or allergies.

My husband has dark circles and they were very noticeable when he was a kid. My eldest inherited these and they seem to be especially noticeable in the late afternoon, and she gets plenty of sleep (13+) hours a night she is 3. If I had to guess at the age in this pic I would say 3 or 4.

It's house #649. Do we know what street this is on?

It's 649 Babbling Brook.

For some reason, I can't copy the link for streetview but if you streetview the above address, it's the same photo as posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic