GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of thoughts on the red truck...As in another case I am following closer to home, seems reasonable that if someone was driving a truck that matched the description in the area in question, around the time in question, they would either a) call LE themselves if innocent or b) hide or alter the truck's appearance if they were not. Altering in this case could be as easy as scrubbing off whatever that green spot was.
Seems everyone in town would have heard about Alanna and the truck by now, and even if they didn't think much of it, you know friends are going to be bringing up the fact that they are driving a very similar truck. Know what I mean?

Yes, good points, and in the horrific case of Mickey Shunick, the white truck in the video released was indeed driven by her murderer, and he was so sneaky, he went and bought another white truck and burned the white truck from his crime, in a different county.

He knew that if he bought a new coloured truck while the whole surrounding area was looking for a white truck, it might flag.

He got caught anyway, because the stupid tried to hide his RSO designation on his license.

''which includes investigators from the police departments in Arlington, Benbrook, Euless and Grand Prairie and the sheriff’s departments in Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties.''''

Bizarre ........ if you look at where all those counties and towns are you will see a GIANT chunk of land. It says they are part of a Tarrant Co investigative team but that they are from so many different cities and counties OUTSIDE of Tarrant co. is curious for sure. What is going on?

ETA I guess what I mean is can we read anything in by the towns that comprise this team ? Or is it just that for example a really good forensic investigator is from Grand Prairie so he is part of the TEAM and a really good interrogator is from Parker County so she is a part of the team and NOT having anything to do with jurisdiction. Any ideas ?

All 4 of those cities are in Tarrant Co. and the other 2 counties are part of the DFW metro area so I don't think it seems that unusual.

''which includes investigators from the police departments in Arlington, Benbrook, Euless and Grand Prairie and the sheriff’s departments in Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties.''''

Bizarre ........ if you look at where all those counties and towns are you will see a GIANT chunk of land. It says they are part of a Tarrant Co investigative team but that they are from so many different cities and counties OUTSIDE of Tarrant co. is curious for sure. What is going on?

ETA I guess what I mean is can we read anything in by the towns that comprise this team ? Or is it just that for example a really good forensic investigator is from Grand Prairie so he is part of the TEAM and a really good interrogator is from Parker County so she is a part of the team and NOT having anything to do with jurisdiction. Any ideas ?

Are there mutual aid agreements in place so they help each other to expand the capabilities of small departments ?

Where I live the fire departments have mutual aid agreements over a wide area.

All 4 of those cities are in Tarrant Co. and the other 2 counties are part of the DFW metro area so I don't think it seems that unusual.

GP is in Dallas Co and the other 2 counties are way smaller than Tarrant. It's just curious is all. It's got me wonder what criteria make up that investigative body or maybe it's just anyone local who wants to ' volunteer' their time to it. GP threw me off as well as Wise co.

Are there mutual aid agreements in place so they help each other to expand the capabilities of small departments ?

Where I live the fire departments have mutual aid agreements over a wide area.

I found this on MCIT (major case investigative team):
http://www.fortworthgov.org/council_packet/mc_review.asp?ID=15330&councildate=7/12/2011
The North Texas Major Case Investigative Team (MCIT) is a collaborative effort by law enforcement agencies in the North Texas Region to address violent crime by combining the skills and resources of participating agencies' investigative units. Similar to a task force, but more limited in scope, trained investigators and support staff are brought together, upon request, whenever a violent crime occurs that fits a very narrow criteria agreed upon by the participating agencies' chief executives. The MCIT's primary mission is assisting participating agencies in the investigation of homicides with no known suspect(s) and non-family member child abduction. The Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney's Office will act as the MCIT Coordinating Agency and will be responsible for maintaining the administrative files, coordinating training and maintaining any financial records associated with the MCIT. Each MCIT participating agency agrees to dedicate one or more investigators for training, organizational and preparedness meetings, and response to a call for assistance from participating agencies. There is no cost agreement as each agency is responsible for its own costs.

OK here's the problem I think it's a small error in the name.......
http://www.fortworthgov.org/council_packet/mc_review.asp?ID=15330&councildate=7/12/2011

''It is recommended that the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute an interlocal agreement between the City of Fort Worth, Tarrant County and other various law enforcement agencies to form the North Central Texas Major Case Investigative Team in order to investigate violent crime.''''

If this is what they are actually talking about then it makes MUCH sense for it to be a North Texas team rather than Tarrant Co and would include any skilled LEO's from any local departments.

A little page about the City of Euless joining in. Bet a lot of local cities joined in. It sounds like a great idea for departments to pool all their strengths to help each other when a big case comes up !

http://www.eulesstx.gov/agendas/cou...s/Res No 11-1355 Investigative Team - RES.pdf

Wise Co joins up
http://www.co.wise.tx.us/Contracts/M/MAJOR CASE INVESTIGATIVE TEAM.pdf

ETA Im sorry for just a big post guys but I'm really happy about this A ) because I live here and it's good to know and B ) with all these various agencies working in concert I feel really good about the chances of catching this A$$$$$$$hat and C ) I'm just wishing there was just a collection of agencies working together near La Plata Co. Co :(

Parts of Grand Prairie are in Dallas, Tarrant and Ellis County.

I'm trying to determine what would make this overwhelming show by LE and FBI , Texas Rangers, etc.
Is it the nature of the crime ? ( which we dont even know the actual NATURE of it, but they do )
Does it remind them of some other crime? Here or another state?
Does it remind them of some specific perp?
So for me, wondering about old cold cases makes sense because of FBI's extreme interest from just literally MINUTES in . I'm just thinking out loud. mooo

Really good questions! My wheels hadn't turned in that direction. But now they are, so thanks for thinking out loud!

Regarding the BBM, I wonder if it was because the case was initially a found--and obviously murdered--unidentified child where no one in the area had reported a child missing. In other words, IIRC, the body was found around 7:30, but no child had been reported missing until @9:30. So I would think contacting the FBI before 9:30 for a heads up that they may need some help/any cases of bodies of children found in a similar way/who is missing nationally, etc., might not be uncommon.

I also briefly wondered if bio dad's ties with Lockheed and what appears to be the State Guard (both government ties) garnered him early FBI participation/attention.

IDK, just throwing stuff out there! :fence:

BINGO !

'' The MCIT's primary mission is assisting participating agencies in the investigation of homicides with no known suspect(s) and non-family member child abduction. The Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney's Office will act as the MCIT Coordinating Agency ''''

BBM and Tarrant Co is the lead of the whole task force.So now it all makes sense. I wonder how many of the 300 working the case are members of this MCIT?

ETA TKS KATEB :)

Really good questions! My wheels hadn't turned in that direction. But now they are, so thanks for thinking out loud!

Regarding the BBM, I wonder if it was because the case was initially a found--and obviously murdered--unidentified child where no one in the area had reported a child missing. In other words, IIRC, the body was found around 7:30, but no child had been reported missing until @9:30. So I would think contacting the FBI before 9:30 for a heads up that they may need some help/any cases of bodies of children found in a similar way/who is missing nationally, etc., might not be uncommon.

I also briefly wondered if bio dad's ties with Lockheed and what appears to be the State Guard (both government ties) garnered him early FBI participation/attention.

IDK, just throwing stuff out there! :fence:

I never paid much attention to what time all the extra help arrived. Now you have me wondering if it was before or after her father reported her missing.
At first I thought b/c it was a child who had not been reported missing then they figured they might be dealing with an abduction from another state.

OK here's the problem I think it's a small error in the name.......

''It is recommended that the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute an interlocal agreement between the City of Fort Worth, Tarrant County and other various law enforcement agencies to form the North Central Texas Major Case Investigative Team in order to investigate violent crime.''''

If this is what they are actually talking about then it makes MUCH sense for it to be a North Texas team rather than Tarrant Co and would include any skilled LEO's from any local departments.

A little page about the City of Euless joining in. Bet a lot of local cities joined in. It sounds like a great idea for departments to pool all their strengths to help each other when a big case comes up !

http://www.eulesstx.gov/agendas/cou...s/Res No 11-1355 Investigative Team - RES.pdf

Wise Co joins up
http://www.co.wise.tx.us/Contracts/M/MAJOR CASE INVESTIGATIVE TEAM.pdf

ETA Im sorry for just a big post guys but I'm really happy about this A ) because I live here and it's good to know and B ) with all these various agencies working in concert I feel really good about the chances of catching this A$$$$$$$hat and C ) I'm just wishing there was just a collection of agencies working together near La Plata Co. Co :(
The cooperation among the North Texas Agencies is encouraging.... And refreshing...

Too often I hear about departments not willing to engage the expertise from other agencies...

due to... Egos?... Politics? ... ???... I really don't know...

JMO

For us and the fire dept, it is all about money. No one has enough to fund the right size dept to take care of all fires.

This way, different agencies can increase their abilities without the huge money exoense for those more unusual situations.

I don't know if egos won't come into play, but when you have to rely on others , a working relationship maybe is established.

Well and I just did a tiny quick search , his first jury was HUNG on kidnapping charges. Second jury was deadlocked and judge demanded they go try again and they came up with the verdict.......... so ......it's POSSIBLE, maybe not probable, but possible that Opal Jo's killer is on the loose still.

Also just had a thought what if LE and FBI are familiar with this truck? What if that is the reason they're all balls out on this? Could this truck have been seen at other crimes and they didn't know for sure if it was relevant and now they're hot on it?

ETA MODS I'm not trying to derail this thread. This is very important to Alanna's case if it turns out that Opal's case is ' unsolved' which it appears it might be. And I love all of you so much :) tks

You crack me up! Anyhow, I found this article that states Franks was convicted in 2000 for the murder of Opal Jennings and is serving a life sentence. So, unlikely, that he could be responsible for Alanna's murder.

http://www.saginaw-texas.com/one-of-saginaws-darkest-days-the-abduction-of-opal-jo-jennings/

You crack me up! Anyhow, I found this article that states Franks was convicted in 2000 for the murder of Opal Jennings and is serving a life sentence. So, unlikely, that he could be responsible for Alanna's murder.

http://www.saginaw-texas.com/one-of-saginaws-darkest-days-the-abduction-of-opal-jo-jennings/

OT don't want to derail but nowhere does it say he was convicted of her murder. He was convicted of her kidnapping and no one has been charged with her murder. So it's possible.......only just a little bit possible. That's all I'm saying.

I posted this on the 1st thread regarding the reason the FBI was on the scene so quickly-

It is the mission of the FBI's Crimes Against Children Unit to provide a quick and effective response to all incidents of crimes against children. The first few hours after a child is abducted are critical, and that is why we have established the Child Abduction Rapid Deployment (CARD) Teams.

http://m.fbi.gov/#http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/card/card

OT don't want to derail but nowhere does it say he was convicted of her murder. He was convicted of her kidnapping and no one has been charged with her murder. So it's possible.......only just a little bit possible. That's all I'm saying.

You're right, it wasn't for Opal's murder, just the abduction. But, he couldn't have committed Alanna's murder if he's in prison for life since 2000, correct? Just trying to rule him out so we can focus on other possible perps.

You're right, it wasn't for Opal's murder, just the abduction. But, he couldn't have committed Alanna's murder if he's in prison for life since 2000, correct? Just trying to rule him out so we can focus on other possible perps.

What if he's NOT the guy who murdered Opal? That's my angle, not that he's responsible for killing Alanna. Sorry for the misudnerstanding and I realize it's HIGHLY improbable, just curious all the unsolved cases around here of girls of similar age.

ETA To be fair, one reason my mind is wandering to older cases is the huge amount of LE and FBI and then the Saginaw Pd's presser of ... dont worry , but everyone's a suspect. It's just a very bizarre case, so my mind's all over the place and that covers a lot of territory .

It seems like new pervs continue to pop up. Like the killer of Somer Thompson or Jessica Ridgeway. They seem to be young.

Austin Sigg tried some rapes first of older girls. The killer of Somer Thompson was molesting a tiny relative and was into child *advertiser censored*.

What do you guys think? Does this crimmie have previous victims?

For sure we will see an unusual background.

It seems like new pervs continue to pop up. Like the killer of Somer Thompson or Jessica Ridgeway. They seem to be young.

Austin Sigg tried some rapes first of older girls. The killer of Somer Thompson was molesting a tiny relative and was into child *advertiser censored*.

What do you guys think? Does this crimmie have previous victims?

For sure we will see an unusual background.

Whether he's new or experienced, I do not believe he meant to leave Alanna in the road like that. I believe she fell out of a truck bed or something similar, as the perp was transporting her to some other dumping locale like the water. I think the perp is squirming that there's likely so much evidence on her and he wasn't meaning for her to be found so quickly. JMO.

As sad and horrifying as this case is, I take some comfort in knowing that Alanna is at least not missing. Her family can at least have some resolution in knowing where she is and what happened to her. Now, if only we could find who did this and bring them to justice so her family can have more healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member