GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an enabler for child rapist killers. I just think it's odd that her underwear was intact. It could have many meanings. She might have been undressed because the killer was afraid his/her DNA/blood/sweat/saliva was on her clothing and it wouldn't be on her underwear which was covered by other clothing.

A lot of details are never intentionally released. We discuss what is known on this forum.

It's actually fairly common for a rapist to attempt to pull underwear up after.

As if they are hiding what they did. :sick:

Just a couple of thoughts:

-if this was someone who had abducted/killed before, and Alanna's body was intentionally left in the street, it could suggest that they like the attention their crime gets. If a body is found straight away, they not only get gratification from the abduction/murder, but also a sense of pride/fulfilment from the media attention. If a body is not found straight away, they have to wait for this second wave of satisfaction.

-the lack of clothing COULD suggest that the murderer wanted to dispose of them separately, maybe due to fear of their DNA been found on clothing? Leaving the underwear on would suggest some level of empathy - not removing them gives her at least some sense of modesty. This would also suggest no sexual assault. In this case, it could indicate an accidental murder

-if Alanna fell out of the truck (or another vehicle) accidently, the murderer would be extremely agitated and feeling a lack of control afterwards. Could you imagine the person arriving at the chosen disposal location and there was no body - anyone close to that person would likely notice a real obsession with the case, trying to find out if and where a body was found, etc. This would probably apply if it was accidental or intentional killing.

-I would like to know more detail on how Alanna was tied up (I have been trying to keep up with posts, so not sure if it's been officially released yet). Tying a body up could have a number of purposes - as a restraint when Alanna was alive or maybe to aid in disposal.

-I am thinking whoever hurt Alanna had somewhere to do it (regardless of whether her death was accidental or intentional). They couldn't just pull over in broad daylight and secure her body with tape, belt, tarp, etc. This would have to have happened either in a home or a deserted area, where privacy was essential. For the sake of TOS, let's assume the family is not involved - this means whoever killed Alanna had somewhere to take her before transporting her near to where her body was found.

I'm only an amateur sleuther but these are just some things that jumped out at me :)

Bless Alanna's little heart.

snipped
-I would like to know more detail on how Alanna was tied up (I have been trying to keep up with posts, so not sure if it's been officially released yet). Tying a body up could have a number of purposes - as a restraint when Alanna was alive or maybe to aid in disposal.

The medical examiner's website did not list a cause of death for the young girl. Witnesses said her body was wrapped in a tarp, her legs and feet were bound and had a plastic bag over her head. She was wearing only purple underwear.
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/22738162/childs-body-found-in-saginaw#ixzz2Y2iwENTL

It's true that there's a lot we don't know, but bound and clad only in underwear suggests a sexually motivated crime of one type or another. IMO

July 3, 2013

Saginaw police have no suspects in ‘disturbing case’
Star-Telegram
Posted Wednesday, Jul. 03, 2013
By Domingo Ramirez Jr. and Bill Miller
That means “any single person in this area is a suspect,” officer Damon Ing said at a news conference.

Earlier Wednesday, police released the audio of a 911 call made after Alanna’s body was found.

“We got a dead body on the corner of Roundrock and Cindy Lane,” caller Wesley Whiddon told the dispatcher. “It’s in a black trash bag. There’s a belt around it, tape.”
Saginaw PD believe girl's murder is "isolated case"
Wednesday afternoon, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner identified the girl as Alanna Gallagher, who was reported missing Monday evening. She turned six last month. Her cause of death has still not been made public.
On Wednesday, an FBI receipt viewed by WFAA revealed investigators confiscated plastic bags, various colored tapes and tarp to help the probe into Gallagher's death.
A partial list of items taken included:
  • Walmart plastic bags
  • Charmin Ultra Soft pack
  • Blue/Gray tarp
  • Red, White, Camouflage tape
  • Electrical tape
  • Citizens Academy card
  • Copy of Social Security card
Update: Authorities offer $10K reward for information in murder of 6 year-old Saginaw girl
by Scott Goldstein, Dallas News4:40 pm, July 3, 2013
Update at 4:40 p.m.
: Authorities have no suspects and are offering up to $10,000 for information in the slaying of a 6-year-old girl found bound and wrapped in tarp on a Saginaw street this week.
Body of murdered Saginaw girl identified as 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher
by Arezow Doost
July 3, 2013, 4:16 pm
Alanna’s body was found bound with red tape more than a mile from her home. FBI agents left the list of items taken from the family car clearly visible through the window.

The girl was often seen playing unsupervised outside, according to neighbors. The superintendent of the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD released a statement describing Alanna as bubbly and always happy. She was a kindergarten student at Willow Creek Elementary.
Much more at the link with video of Karl Gallagher's statement.

Agents work to reconstruct girl's last hours
Wednesday, July 03, 2013
Damon Ing, a Saginaw police spokesman, said Alanna's death was being investigated as a homicide, but sought to reassure frightened neighbors that police considered her death to be isolated. No suspects have been named, and authorities have established a $10,000 reward for information in the case.
Saginaw PD believes girl's murder is 'isolated case,' issues reward
by MARCUS MOORE & MARJORIE OWENS
WFAA
Posted on July 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:31 PM
The girl's father, Karl Gallagher, made a brief statement to the media Wednesday.
"Today, the [medical examiner] determined that [Alanna] has died," he said. "We urge anyone with information about her to contact the police. Please, respect our privacy during this time of tragedy."

Police continue to search for a red truck with green paint splattered on the rear right side, Ing said.
The FBI and the North Texas Major Case Investigative Team, which is made up of law enforcement agencies from across the region, are aiding the Saginaw Police Department, Ing said. Two tip lines have been set up at 682.888.3682 and 682.888.3684 and are manned 24 hours a day.

<modsnip> A bag over the head could be for disposal, not as method of killing.

But it does seem suspicious.

<modsnip>A bag over the head could be for disposal, not as method of killing.

But it does seem suspicious.
Ach!! I've been bouncing back and forth between threads for a few days now, and the details are starting to run together. I humbly apologize and will correct my error immediately. :facepalm:

ETA: Strangeworld, to avoid confusion, I snipped the part of your post that repeated my error.

Ach!! I've been bouncing back and forth between threads for a few days now, and the details are starting to run together. I humbly apologize and will correct my error immediately. :facepalm:

ETA: Strangeworld, to avoid confusion, I snipped the part of your post that repeated my error.

Oh Bessie, I've done that so many times! No worries at all. :)

It's actually fairly common for a rapist to attempt to pull underwear up after.

As if they are hiding what they did. :sick:

Fairly common on a dead body? Hmm. I can't find any links to support this r/t a dead body. I have read articles stating that some killers try to hide their victims' faces under brush, leaves, or etc.. out of shame. (Alanna's head was in a plastic bag. :( )

Only the Power Reassurance Rapist (not the other types of rapists) may feel ashamed and may want the victim to redress. Power Reassurance Rapists want to posses and not kill/harm.
http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/crimpsych/CPSG-5.htm

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

She was undressed, what other reason would someone remove her clothes? Why would someone abduct a small child, undress them and then murder them? It screams of sexual motivation. They'll do a full autopsy and find out right away if she was raped.

Someone who can't perform after their fantasy has come true? Or is a dog chasing a car?

Yes, it does scream sexual motivation/assault. I've read with and without underwear. I also think whoever it was had to act fast possibly and that's why Alanna ended up dropped at the corner where she was possibly intentionally left or by accident in a red truck on two wheels going around a corner. All speculation. Not enough facts to say differently. gah

Heya Creeps, leave the young children alone. They are just kids, leave them alone.

RIP Alanna, rest in peace. xoxo

sorry for butting in,just started reading this thread.....<modsnip>...sure it means nothing just stood out to me.....
Beautiful Alanna,so terribly sad....

Seems that between the tarp, red tape and Alanna there should be enough evidence for and arrest soon. looks like mom is crafty, appears that lots of the clothes are handmade. Can anyone see what the (picture) degree? on the wall is behind the family where they are standing. TIA

Her underwear was intact. She might not have been raped.

That stuck out like a sore thumb to me. The purple underwear. I looked at lots of articles and looked at the pictures, lots of purple. The underwear. Why would someone kidnap a child to rape and murder knowing that their time is limited go to trouble of putting the underwear back on? Where are her clothes? What was she wearing when kidnapped? idk jmo

If Alanna's killer is responsible for another child's murder that happened years ago, do you think the killer could have gone years without killing?

If the killer was incarcerated for years... Even if on other charges (assault, drugs, etc.) .... And was released recently...

This could account for the lapse in time between killings....

JMO

Wait - that video just above my post here. John Smith spoke of what he found, her head covered by a plastic bag, covered in red tape, tarp over her. Then the media spoke of the search warrant that listed what was seized from a family car, including plastic bags, red tape, tarp. This cannot be coincidental, surely?

Wait - that video just above my post here. John Smith spoke of what he found, her head covered by a plastic bag, covered in red tape, tarp over her. Then the media spoke of the search warrant that listed what was seized from a family car, including plastic bags, red tape, tarp. This cannot be coincidental, surely?

I don't think red tape is as unusual as people think. I have red tape at home (and every other color of the rainbow). Use it for color coding things. It seems almost unimaginable somebody would leave that stuff out in the open after committing a crime? But stranger things have happened I guess. Unless it was a kid committing the crime.

IMO, this seems awful sloppy and like someone was in a rush to bundle her up (the belt) and take her somewhere to dispose of her. I don't think she was intentionally left in the middle of the street. She could have been left where she would be easily found but in less of a risky area to be seen by someone dropping her off in broad daylight.

I get the feeling this person was panicking and in a hurry. Could the person have been drunk or high at the time and it was a accident and the clothing removed as a futile attempt to cover up evidence? Or do we have another young killer here? Maybe the person was rushing out of the area for some reason. Is it possible they almost got caught and panicked. If the person was rushing, I think the crime may have happened in the vicinity of where her body was found.

I'm just having a real problem with the theory that her body was placed there on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties