GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 3 local cases in the DFW area , all years ago, but I've been thinking about each the last couple of days. All young girls, about the same age and all snatched in the blink of an eye , so to speak . ( for those also following dylan's thread, this is why i have said repeatedly that a predator is so slick and speedy and cunning ) All 3 are either unsolved OR have questionable ' solvings' ? if that's a word.

Ashley Estell .........http://www.carrolltonleader.com/articles/2008/10/03/plano_star-courier/news/49.txt
( wow I just realized TODAY that her convicted killer was found not guilty in her case after some dna , I always thought he was possibly not the guy , so this case is now UNSOLVED again )

Amber Hagerman......... everyone knows this case, no ssuspect or POI has EVER been named.

Opal Jo Jennings :( Opal Jo's ' killer' is behind bars and when they found him and arrested him I remember the stories being very suspicious and thinking they had the wrong guy.

Opal Jo's case sent the public into somewhat of a really fearful panicked time and I think arresting that guy took the heat off LE so to speak and that's maybe why it happened that way. Many people even today question his involvement. Some things do not make sense.

So of these 3 local cases, there are at least TWO , possibly THREE killers on the loose, or is it just one? I'm just giving you these to chew on and I'll try to find more specifics on each.

Praying for Alanna's family today, especially her mother, who I'm sure is in an awful state :(

ETA Curious to note Ashley Estell's death brought about 'ashleys' law' which has to do with notifications about RSO's in the area. It's interesting that the case was overturned but of course the law will stand because it's a necessary law. A tiny bit of a silver lining if you will. Also Amber Hagerman's death brought about the AMBER ALERT that is now known and used almost world wide, another silver lining. So these little girls' deaths have saved so many other lives and yet their killers roam free :( What a tragedy and what a sick world .

IMO, this seems awful sloppy and like someone was in a rush to bundle her up (the belt) and take her somewhere to dispose of her. I don't think she was intentionally left in the middle of the street. She could have been left where she would be easily found but in less of a risky area to be seen by someone dropping her off in broad daylight.

I get the feeling this person was panicking and in a hurry. Could the person have been drunk or high at the time and it was a accident and the clothing removed as a futile attempt to cover up evidence? Or do we have another young killer here? Maybe the person was rushing out of the area for some reason. Is it possible they almost got caught and panicked. If the person was rushing, I think the crime may have happened in the vicinity of where her body was found.

I'm just having a real problem with the theory that her body was placed there on purpose.

Agreed 100%

I've read the thread and caught up. At least I think I'm caught up.

A couple of thoughts:

About the FBI being involved --- local LE has to ask the FBI to be involved. I looked at the Saginaw LE website and they look like they might be a fairly small department and would more than likely call in other resources for a major crime. Not uncommon for a small LE department. It happens quite often to tell the truth, I've noticed it especially when it's a crime against a child. JMHO.

Her home is listed in news articles as on the 600 block of Babbling Brook Drive ( http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/22738162/childs-body-found-in-saginaw ) and she was located deceased laying on the road in front of the address of 1027 Roundrock Dr. If we look at a google map there appears to be a thoroughfare (W. McLeroy Road) that separates those addresses that Alanna would have had to cross to end up in the Roundrock Dr. area---if she did so on her own. I don't think she did. JMHO.

Even though it is reasonable to think that a child this young could navigate herself to that area there is no crosswalk that I could see for pedestrian crossing on W. McLeroy Road.

I think she was taken from her neighborhood into the neighborhood in which she was found. At this point in time that's JMHO and speculation. I can't speculate in which neighborhood the crime or crimes against her took place. Could be either one.

Pensfan is correct IMHO. We don't know if she was a victim of a sexual crime. We won't know that until the ME report is released. Do I think it's possible and probable? Sure. But, we just don't know until we know. Also, let's not forget that female are capable of committing these types of crimes.

My speculation is that this is someone that Alanna has been in contact with before her death. I don't mean that there had to be a relationship there- I only mean that I don't think this was a random stranger that was trolling her neighborhood looking for a child to victimize. Just some thoughts and JMHO.

KAT " My speculation is that this is someone that Alanna has been in contact with before her death. I don't mean that there had to be a relationship there- I only mean that I don't think this was a random stranger that was trolling her neighborhood looking for a child to victimize. Just some thoughts and JMHO""

Agreed. For every RSO there are probably 5 to 10 unknown SO's ( myown math here ) Lots of folks are looking at google maps at vehicles and such and I'm sure FBI has already done that and they have the luxury of knowing what every RSO drives from DPS records and not mapping. But what about the perverts that people THINK are gross and weird and dirty but have no record yet? They're everywhere, like this guy in McKinney on the news yesterday ? He's not an RSO or they'd know him but he's clearly a sicko and old enough to have been active for a long time and still uncaught by LE . If we each let our mind wander to all the people we've known in our lives who we KNEW were perverts but never got caught because they never did anything" criminal:" that we knew of , I'm sure that's a pretty big number. They're everywhere.

I also feel that something went wrong via the disposal of Alanna's body, and someone, somewhere, is a panicky mess right now. IMO if that person was already on LE radar, especially with FBI being involved, then LE would be sweating him/her even more and duly noting the panic.

I am wondering if TOD will be updated after autopsy is completed. Also, this should happen within a couple of days, correct? While toxicology takes time, the rest of the autopsy is probably already done or nearly done? What are the chances the public will be informed of TOD and MOD?

ETA: I should say my first paragraph applies unless the killer is an attention-seeking seriel killer type who is holed up somewhere enjoying the media aftermath. Makes me sick to think about it.

I also feel that something went wrong via the disposal of Alanna's body, and someone, somewhere, is a panicky mess right now. IMO if that person was already on LE radar, especially with FBI being involved, then LE would be sweating him/her even more and duly noting the panic.

I am wondering if TOD will be updated after autopsy is completed. Also, this should happen within a couple of days, correct? While toxicology takes time, the rest of the autopsy is probably already done or nearly done? What are the chances the public will be informed of TOD and MOD?

ETA: I should say my first paragraph applies unless the killer is an attention-seeking seriel killer type who is holed up somewhere enjoying the media aftermath. Makes me sick to think about it.

Bolded respectfully by me.

Yes I agree Flutterby. IMHO the disposal wasn't planned or the plan wasn't to leave her on the street in front of a home near an intersection.

I don't think it's a serial killer JMHO and I could be wrong.

I think that this was a crime of opportunity possibly. That someone knew she played outside and knew that she was a free-range child. (that's not a disparaging remark about free-range parenting). When I call her a free range child I am referring to the fact that she played out of line of sight of a parent on a regular basis (so say neighbors in interviews). If this is accurate then the neighbors wouldn't have been the only ones to notice.

Could be a first time offender too. IIRC, Jorelys Rivera's murderer was a first time offender.

This was very sloppy IMHO.

Ashley Estell, 7 yrs old, Labor Day weekend 1993, Plano Tx COD strangulation :(

Amber Hagerman, 9 yrs old January 1996, Arlington, Tx COD cut throat :(

Opal Jo Jennings, 6 yrs old March, 1999 Saginaw, Tx COD blunt force trauma :(

I am not trying to derail this thread, I promise. Super sleuthers may want to look into any of these cases further, but it's curious how close they all are. COD's are all different however and I did not realize that until today.
All three girls taken in BROAD daylight in busy places where people were everywhere. Two of the abductions were seen by more than witness.

Bolded respectfully by me.

Yes I agree Flutterby. IMHO the disposal wasn't planned or the plan wasn't to leave her on the street in front of a home near an intersection.

I don't think it's a serial killer JMHO and I could be wrong.

I think that this was a crime of opportunity possibly. That someone knew she played outside and knew that she was a free-range child. (that's not a disparaging remark about free-range parenting). When I call her a free range child I am referring to the fact that she played out of line of sight of a parent on a regular basis (so say neighbors in interviews). If this is accurate then the neighbors wouldn't have been the only ones to notice.

Could be a first time offender too. IIRC, Jorelys Rivera's murderer was a first time offender.

This was very sloppy IMHO.

What is it that says not a seriel killer to you? I haven't followed any SK cases so not sure how to tell. TIA

What is it that says not a seriel killer to you? I haven't followed any SK cases so not sure how to tell. TIA

LOL did that thumbs down sneak in there? That's funny. :)

It just doesn't have the right *feel* for SK for me to be honest Flutterby. JMHO.

Where her body was found just doesn't feel like a taunt. It feels like a sloppy mistake. Hard to explain KWIM? I could be wrong though.

LOL did that thumbs down sneak in there? That's funny. :)

It just doesn't have the right *feel* for SK for me to be honest Flutterby. JMHO.

Where her body was found just doesn't feel like a taunt. It feels like a sloppy mistake. Hard to explain KWIM? I could be wrong though.

I agree with you somewhat. It's sloppy and messy and hurried and amateurish on the one hand. But even a serial killer can get caught off guard. I have a feeling if they had made it to their chosen destination ( field, lake, building, etc) they may have been able to really hide her away . On the other hand, this seems like a spur of the moment crime, ill thought out with no plan on what to do after the fact.

Rest in peace little angel. I really hate this part , talking about her as though shes' a number and not the little doll she really is. I'm sorry sweetheart !

I agree with you somewhat. It's sloppy and messy and hurried and amateurish on the one hand. But even a serial killer can get caught off guard. I have a feeling if they had made it to their chosen destination ( field, lake, building, etc) they may have been able to really hide her away . On the other hand, this seems like a spur of the moment crime, ill thought out with no plan on what to do after the fact.

Rest in peace little angel. I really hate this part , talking about her as though shes' a number and not the little doll she really is. I'm sorry sweetheart !

I know exactly what you mean. I actually left WS for months because of another case where a child was murdered and everyone was talking about her body (it) instead of her as a child (she, her) but I understand it. You do it to emotionally survive this, I think. No disrespect intended and everyone's heart is breaking for these beautiful lives lost so young.

Someone else said earlier either on this thread or the first one that this reminds them of Jessica Ridgeway's case and I'm starting to agree the more I think about it. I'm leaning towards a young inexperienced killer. Though not one as "smart" as Austin Sigg. Sigg had some knowledge of forensics so he didn't leave this much evidence behind. He probably didn't expect the police go go public with his distinctive cross that was found with Jessica's body. I often wonder if he wouldn't have confessed to his mom, would WPD have had enough to arrest him? Sorry for the OT. I think the tape, tarp, plastic bag/trash bag, and belt will hold lots of evidence. I'm thinking the perp was driving away from the crime scene and her ending up on the road was an accident.

I know exactly what you mean. I actually left WS for months because of another case where a child was murdered and everyone was talking about her body (it) instead of her as a child (she, her) but I understand it. You do it to emotionally survive this, I think. No disrespect intended and everyone's heart is breaking for these beautiful lives lost so young.

She is not missing so there is no hope of finding her safe and now the only thing that can be done for her is to find out who took her life and get them locked away and for that you have to look at unpleasant details. I don't know how LE can do it sometimes. I would never want to see a photo of a child victim . Those folks are tough and thank God because they really have to see and hear extremely disturbing things.

I do not think we will hear the nature of a sexual assault/abuse until it absolutely has to be released. I imagine LE has asked these details to be released as late as possible.

I do not think we will hear the nature of a sexual assault/abuse until it absolutely has to be released. I imagine LE has asked these details to be released as late as possible.

At this point it doesn't matter in my mind if SA occurred or not or is ever released to the public. I realize its' different from LE's perspective and that is their job. But to me this baby was brutalized, terrorized, humiliated , ambushed and removed from the planet with no one to hold her hand and comfort her along the way. The other details of the case don't matter to me, personally. And today I can say I am delighted to live in a death penalty state because monsters like this cannot keep breathing the air that the innocents breath.

I don't know if this was highlighted but seems DNA would be here as well. bbm

The tarp containing her corpse was then dumped in the middle of an intersection, tightly sealed with a belt.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...exas-named-alanna-gallagher-article-1.1389968
The photos show it was a poly covered tarp. Those are thick and bulky unless precisely folded, so the belt would need to be very large to go around Alanna and the bulky tarp.

Who would be so dumb to use a belt from their own home? Someone who is so dumb as to lose a dead body in the middle of a residential street?

I keep thinking about the enormous amount of officers that were assigned to this case. (Earlier someone posted that the number was 300.) Does LE believe the monster dumped Alanna in a residential area to taunt them?

Why do you think that? Just wondering.

The photos show it was a poly covered tarp. Those are thick and bulky unless precisely folded, so the belt would need to be very large to go around Alanna and the bulky tarp.

Who would be so dumb to use a belt from their own home? Someone who is so dumb as to lose a dead body in the middle of a residential street?

I keep thinking about the enormous amount of officers that were assigned to this case. (Earlier someone posted that the number was 300.) Does LE believe the monster dumped Alanna in a residential area to taunt them?

BBM. The only statement that I've seen LE make is that it may have fallen out of a vehicle. This thread is moving so fast I may have missed something though.

IMO, a perp would in no way stop in the middle of a subdivision in the middle of the day and risk being seen.

Rest in peace, Alanna.

picture.php

link for picture
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gher-pleads-information-daughters-murder.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth