GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting to hear responsible explanation for someone to have arm and leg restraints at there home. jmo

I don't recall the exact wording, but IIRC, LE is saying the community is safe but that no one in the family is considered a suspect. The same is true (IIRC) in the Dylan Redwine case. I haven't followed many cases (hardly any, in fact), but this seems peculiar to me.

Here's my question... to folks who have followed more cases than me, does this happen often?

Also, does anyone remember a time that LE claimed a community was safe, but they were wrong (i.e. there was one or more subsequent killings), regardless of what they said about the status of the family?

I don't recall the exact wording, but IIRC, LE is saying the community is safe but that no one in the family is considered a suspect. The same is true (IIRC) in the Dylan Redwine case. I haven't followed many cases (hardly any, in fact), but this seems peculiar to me.

Here's my question... to folks who have followed more cases than me, does this happen often?

Also, does anyone remember a time that LE claimed a community was safe, but they were wrong (i.e. there was one or more subsequent killings), regardless of what they said about the status of the family?

I know this isn't exactly what you're getting at, but in the recent murder of Tim Bosma, LE spent a while saying there was a third suspect at large involved in the murder, but that the public was safe. It got the same reaction in the Tim Bosma threads that it does here, esp since the forum goers had some ideas (non-sleuthable) about who suspect #3 might be. Ultimately a third suspect was never arrested.

People have posited other theories as to why LE might make the "isolated case" statement, although they are usually shot down. One I still wonder about, especially in light of the hot tub water samples and bathing suit seized, is if it was an accidental drowning made to look like an assault by a panicky/younger neighbor.

(O/T. On a more cheerful note, go to your favorite MSM outlet and check out the YouTube video/thank yous from the three ladies who were held hostage in Ohio for years.)

This is JMO, but the way LE responds, seems to vary in each case that I've seen. I would imagine they work with the FBI and determine the best strategy to use.

I don't think it's in the best interest to have a panicky community. I think it would be natural for everyone to still keep an eye out after what happened and hold their children a little closer. Plus, they have increased LE presence in the community. The first thing they have to do is rule out family so they can move on. If you have a panicky community, everyone looks somewhat suspicious. I keep wondering if they have a suspect, but they have to build the case to the point of conviction?

This crime appears to be so sloppy. Not the job of say, an engineer who does things to perfection. I still have a gut feeling this is going to be a younger perp, but yet old enough to drive. I can't even imagine staging this. Think of the ramifications of staging as opposed to a accident happening. The things collected in the search warrant indicate to me there was sexual assault.

I know this isn't exactly what you're getting at, but in the recent murder of Tim Bosma, LE spent a while saying there was a third suspect at large involved in the murder, but that the public was safe. It got the same reaction in the Tim Bosma threads that it does here, esp since the forum goers had some ideas (non-sleuthable) about who suspect #3 might be. Ultimately a third suspect was never arrested.

People have posited other theories as to why LE might make the "isolated case" statement, although they are usually shot down. One I still wonder about, especially in light of the hot tub water samples and bathing suit seized, is if it was an accidental drowning made to look like an assault by a panicky/younger neighbor.

I think LE says isolated because so far they haven't found a bunch of kids wrapped up in tarps on the roads.
So it's isolated so far. I wouldn't read anything more than that into what LE says.
As for accidental drowning, I guess it is possible-if one believes Casey Anthony's defense, that is.

I think LE says isolated because so far they haven't found a bunch of kids wrapped up in tarps on the roads.
So it's isolated so far. I wouldn't read anything more than that into what LE says.
As for accidental drowning, I guess it is possible-if one believes Casey Anthony's defense, that is.

I see what you did there, but kids do still drown regardless of Casey Anthony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But does somebody wraps them up with tarp, belt, tape and disposes of the body in the road?

I understand that some people are extremely hostile about any theory that doesn't point the direction they want it to, but in the absence of arrests, anything is up for discussion. Except sleuthing non-POIs.

Staging an accidental drowning to look like a predator attack makes no sense to me. Apparently there is even no panicky teen babysitter who was supposed to be supervising Alanna but didn't. And if she drowned they will be able to tell in the autopsy so what would be the point?

ETA I am not hostile about discussing anything, this just does not make sense to me.

Staging an accidental drowning to look like a predator attack makes no sense to me. Apparently there is even no panicky teen babysitter who was supposed to be supervising Alanna but didn't. And if she drowned they will be able to tell in the autopsy so what would be the point?

I don't know. What was the point of collecting water samples, common pool chemicals, and a wet bathing suit?

I don't know. What was the point of collecting water samples, common pool chemicals, and a wet bathing suit?

What was the point of collecting toilet paper? We don't know all the details.

I understand that some people are extremely hostile about any theory that doesn't point the direction they want it to, but in the absence of arrests, anything is up for discussion. Except sleuthing non-POIs.

I haven't seen any hostility.
The statistics are what they are. Statistically children that accidentally drown aren't staged and dumped as if they were murdered. It just doesn't happen.

Folks, I'm just talking based on the evidence. Since the warrant was leaked, last 12 hours or so, I'm noticing that any non-parent theory gets jumped on and beaten to death, so I'm going to stop annoying people by posting them. Awaiting more info.

Folks, I'm just talking based on the evidence. Since the warrant was leaked, last 12 hours or so, I'm noticing that any non-parent theory gets jumped on and beaten to death, so I'm going to stop annoying people by posting them. Awaiting more info.

I haven't seen a thing posted about a "parent" theory around here.

Well for all I know the cause of death might have been drowning but if someone went into a lot of trouble to make it look like murder it takes a bit of convincing to make me believe it was an accident and not murder.

Generally people stage things in order to be in less trouble than without staging, not more. Pretty sure that the police and the courts would treat you more harshly if you're caught throwing a bound dead girl in the road than if you report an accidental drowning to 911.

Maybe her underwear or hair was wet wth pool water and they thought she was swimming somewhere shortly before her death, even f the CD was somethng else?or the killer could have dunked her into a pool to get rid of semen stains or something. Anything that gives clues to her last moments helps.

This is JMO, but the way LE responds, seems to vary in each case that I've seen. I would imagine they work with the FBI and determine the best strategy to use.

I don't think it's in the best interest to have a panicky community. I think it would be natural for everyone to still keep an eye out after what happened and hold their children a little closer. Plus, they have increased LE presence in the community. The first thing they have to do is rule out family so they can move on. If you have a panicky community, everyone looks somewhat suspicious. I keep wondering if they have a suspect, but they have to build the case to the point of conviction?

This crime appears to be so sloppy. Not the job of say, an engineer who does things to perfection. I still have a gut feeling this is going to be a younger

perp, but yet old enough to drive. I can't even imagine staging this. Think of the ramifications of staging as opposed to a accident happening. The things collected in the search warrant indicate to me there was sexual assault.

Speaking from perspective of someone in neighboring community......

LE statements (Ing specifically), have really only frustrated me. If it wasn't family or accident (so far called homicide), then how are you sure it's isolated? That we're "perfectly safe", etc.....

Then yesterday Ing made a statement to the effect of needing coroner results quickly to get a better idea of what they were dealing with. Far less confident than statements made last week.

It was a red truck. Then yesterday in the neighborhood blitz it was 2 black vehicles.

Last nite a link was posted (thread 3) that they are looking into suspected abduction attempt May 31st. Red truck, again. And if associated with this or other recent local abduction attempts (I linked in thread 3)......these are not isolated, no one is perfectly safe, and clearly "these types of things" do happen here.

It doesn't make me panic personally to feel that something very dark may be going on, but the way LE has addresses this with the public over the last week really decreases my confidence that they have a handle on this.

Did they spend too much time initially focused on family?

Is this a focused search based on what has been discovered so far, or did the family suspicion not pan out and now they're essentially throwing spaghetti at the wall?

I could go on...... I guess all I'm saying is that if inspiring a sense of calm & relative safety, and confidence in LE ability to close this quickly was the goal......they have failed. At least for me.

I hope I'm wrong, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members