GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an explanation. That's why I didn't mention it earlier. But the recent near drowning does seem a bit coincidental (given that LE seized a bunch of hot tub chemicals and water samples). But a few folks were speculating about panic drowning scenarios, so I thought I'd add that to the discussion. Maybe someone else can come up with a plausible narrative?

I'm glad you suggested it. I had heard about this phenomena before but it hadn't entered my mind to consider it.

That's what makes WS interesting to read. :)

Unless the person around when the child died accidentally...had or did something worse at some point (or currently), they don't want LE to find out about. A wild goose chase for a murderer would lead LE from an accidental death. Even accidental deaths are fully investigated, and things can be found. Plenty of people have scary skeletons. Just a thought, not saying that's likely...just a scenario that popped into my mind.

So they stage is as a sex crime murder?
Which is also investigated, much more seriously than an accident.
So what would be the point?

I am not saying I think she died accidentally. But it appears she died from an non-obvious cause, i.e other than strangling, stabbing, gun shot, blunt instrument. So who really knows? I believe that several currently missing children were reported as abducted instead of parents admitting they died, or were killed, in some other way. So if Allana was found dead by the perp, for instance, this method (tarp, etc.) would certainly be extreme unless of course she DID fall out of the truck and the driver meant to take her someplace she would not be found for a while and when found, would look like a kidnapping/murder.

So they stage is as a sex crime murder?
Which is also investigated, much more seriously than an accident.
So what would be the point?

Most kids aren't abducted and murdered, and not sexually assaulted in some way. I think the crime scene would seem more set up, without any suggestion of sexual element.

Like I said, I'm not saying it's likely! Just thinking out loud about different scenarios.

Unless the person around when the child died accidentally...had or did something worse at some point (or currently), they don't want LE to find out about. A wild goose chase for a murderer would lead LE from an accidental death. Even accidental deaths are fully investigated, and things can be found. Plenty of people have scary skeletons. Just a thought, not saying that's likely...just a scenario that popped into my mind.

I have thought about this possibility. Meth lab, warrants, some sort of ongoing fraud....it seems a little far-fetched but not totally out of the question. It isn't at the top of my list, but it isn't at the bottom either.

The chief said this is one of the most COMPLICATED cases he's seen in 32 years?...WHY? :moo:

You got me Cherie but to be honest I'm wagering that this one is going to either turn out to either be a 1. Oh lord not another case like "fillintheblank". or 2. You gotta be kidding me! Who would ever think to do such a thing!

I don't have an explanation. That's why I didn't mention it earlier. But the recent near drowning does seem a bit coincidental (given that LE seized a bunch of hot tub chemicals and water samples). But a few folks were speculating about panic drowning scenarios, so I thought I'd add that to the discussion. Maybe someone else can come up with a plausible narrative?

No plausible narrative on this one. If Alanna had experienced a near drowning and the pulmonary surfactant in her lungs was altered/decreased, she wouldn't have been able to run in and out of the house the next day. She would have been lying on her couch in respiratory distress coughing up copious amounts of fluid. She would have been in very obvious respiratory distress for hours before she went into arrest.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

It is shocking that cause of death cannot be determined, when she was found so quickly. We have seen a lot of cases lately where COD is undetermined due to months or years before the victim is found...but not a few hours.

I think they know.....they are not telling, Imoo.

Just because they looked at RSOs doesn't mean she was actually sexually assaulted; it could have been mainly because of her clothes being gone. I also think it would have been a bad move to ignore them even if she had been found fully clothed. I believe most non-family murders of children do seem to be sexually oriented, but I've been reading about so many young children being killed by teens that I don't take it for granted anymore. MOO

Whoever it was had a vehicle. Imo no one walked there carrying her in that tarp.

Perhaps they're looking for a visiting "guest" that left. perhaps an online hook-up gone terribly wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You don't stage something to appear worse than it actually was. You might stage a murder as an accident. There is no point in staging an accident as a murder.

Well, no...I wouldn't. You wouldn't. Most petty criminals, or people just scared wouldn't. But someone incredibly desperate and trying to do everything they can to NOT appear as a suspect...just might. People do insane things when they panic. Historically, people act crazy when things crumble. Sociopaths, narcissists...all kinds of people would rather protect their image in a community and do something we could never understand. (Not to mention, only makes sense to them.)

You don't stage something to appear worse than it actually was. You might stage a murder as an accident. There is no point in staging an accident as a murder.

But, IF the perp/s were just attempting to hide the body and it accidentally fell out... they weren't staging it to look like anything.

I'm not going to help with the photo of the black thing.

It looks to me like it is cloth. Could be a strap, belt, car tie, or even a fanny pack.

How's that for confusion?

My thought last night too......I still think it is cloth. Moo

Well, OK, I'll give it a try... pure speculation...

Let's say the person knew what happened to Alanna (and the near drowning at camp). In that case, the person might try to cover it up if they were super committed to prevent any sort of aspersion being cast on the camp. It was a religious thing, right? That might add to motivation. Maybe if there had been any previous drownings? Look, I know I'm reaching here, but, just trying to imagine something...

Another possibility is that the person had no idea what happened to Alanna... maybe she was just crossing someone's yard at the time. Maybe the person in that house was doing something illegal, say cooking meth, and wanted her body to be found anywhere but in his yard/home...

I don't think these are likely at all, and I'd be more interested in knowing more about the truck myself.

Narcissists will do anything to avoid looking bad/incompetent/foolish. Their false self must be protected at all costs.

I am not saying I think she died accidentally. But it appears she died from an non-obvious cause, i.e other than strangling, stabbing, gun shot, blunt instrument. So who really knows? I believe that several currently missing children were reported as abducted instead of parents admitting they died, or were killed, in some other way. So if Allana was found dead by the perp, for instance, this method (tarp, etc.) would certainly be extreme unless of course she DID fall out of the truck and the driver meant to take her someplace she would not be found for a while and when found, would look like a kidnapping/murder.

Hi Clu. I'm with Cherie. I think ME does know but isn't telling right now.

Earlier today there was a male reporter that said that the ME stated that she didn't die from gunshot, stabbing, or strangulation. He went on to say that the ME didn't know how she died.

My interpretation: The reporter called the ME office to get a statement or went by there...was not given the info on the COD and so he asked...was she shot? was she stabbed? was she strangled?...etc.

I do think that they know how she died but will wait until all the test results are back before they release the COD. Just my speculation and opinion though.

But, IF the perp/s were just attempting to hide the body and it accidentally fell out... they weren't staging it to look like anything.

So they put up a bag on the head, took clothes off, and taped it up?

Why narcissists? Usually I see the general term sociopath being used. Is there something specific about narcissists and murder or child abduction/murder? I'm just not familiar with this correlation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member