GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think it would be good if parents took parenting classes so they can learn about child development and what is appropriate at what age.

Of course, there is a range, but it seems some people are clueless. They feel if their child can read, s/he must be genius and can handle any situation.

I think in cases like this, hopefully the family will take the children to long term counseling. The effects are going to be deep and long lasting.

I don't know how long ago you had your kids, and it may also be more prevalent in urban areas where you've got lots of different people with lots of different experiences, beliefs, cultures, etc...... But as we've been building our family over the last several years I've learned ALOT about different childraising approaches - and how, um, passionate some people are about those choices.

These appear to be well educated people and I think they made a conscious decision to allow a long leash. There really is an approach called "free range kids": http://www.freerangekids.com/

Now, whether they took it to an extreme or not I don't know. I do know that when I was pregnant w/ my first there seemed to be intense interest from everyone around me about every choice I made: what I ate, drank, if I exercised/type/how much, how I planned to deliver, breastfeed vs formula, diapers vs cloth, canned vs. homemade baby food......cosleeping....attachment parenting.....you get the point. So, I don't think that education on proper parenting was the issue here.

I'm guessing it was a combination of their choice of approach, combined with the fact that this was her fourth child. I think anyone that has had more than one can attest to the fact that you aren't as "uptight" as you get more experience (and, frankly, have more people competing for your attention at entirely different developmental stages and schedules - aaaagh!!).

I do really feel for the siblings in this. That is one reason that (awful to say, but bear with me) I kind of do hope that perp was outside the home. Otherwise, I can hardly believe the other children haven't been exposed to whatever may have resulted in this, as well. Either way, yes I hope they receive everything they need.

I have never heard of trash not being required to be inside containers. What is that about?

I live very close. It's been that was since I was a kid, so I have no idea what it's about!! It's just the norm here, I guess!

Sorry! I could not figure out how to get them in the same post!

Sorry! I could not figure out how to get them in the same post!

Please, don't apologize ;)

Having them all one page helps immensely. The resemblance is striking.

I'm not convinced they are all 4 linked, but it's something I can't ignore.

I hope some detective has all four photos up on a board somewhere.

Could someone do us a map of where they were all taken?

Here's my first attempt at putting multiple photos w/in a post. I'm sorry if margins are blown or something worse happens! I'm closing my eyes when I hit "submit"! :scared:

Attachments

• opal10.jpg
    opal10.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 0601ashleyestell.jpg
    0601ashleyestell.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 12
  • alanna.jpg
    alanna.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 972157_519599444767010_1956562570_n.jpg
    972157_519599444767010_1956562570_n.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 13
Please, don't apologize ;)

Having them all one page helps immensely. The resemblance is striking.

I'm not convinced they are all 4 linked, but it's something I can't ignore.

I don't know enough about each girl's case to be able to form an opinion about a possible connection. After seeing the photos I want to learn more.

I live very close. It's been that was since I was a kid, so I have no idea what it's about!! It's just the norm here, I guess!

O/T Don't dogs/wildlife get into it? I live in GA and my suburban neighborhood is surrounded by woods. Between the occasional unleashed/stray dogs, coyotes, deer, fox, and other wildlife I'd probably rather not know we have, our street would become a long, winding, messy wildlife all you can ingest buffet, with shredded plastic sprinkled here and there. :beagle::wolf::fish::cow: <---sorry, wildlife options are limited in websleuths land.

O/T Don't dogs/wildlife get into it? I live in GA and my suburban neighborhood is surrounded by woods. Between the occasional unleashed/stray dogs, coyotes, deer, fox, and other wildlife I'd probably rather not know we have, our street would become a long, winding, messy wildlife all you can ingest buffet, with shredded plastic sprinkled here and there. :beagle::wolf::fish::cow: <---sorry, wildlife options are limited in websleuths land.

Sometimes cats or a random dog will get into it, but not usually. Most people don't put the trash out until the morning of. Not a lot of time for it to sit. I've never had any issues with the trash being torn apart.

Here's my first attempt at putting multiple photos w/in a post. I'm sorry if margins are blown or something worse happens! I'm closing my eyes when I hit "submit"! :scared:

Thank you!!!! :seeya:

Not nearly as much as you'd think! That was a big worry of mine when I moved here, but I am surprised by how little trash is usually in the street on trash day, considering. I would say the majority of people use a trash bin/can which helps w/ that, I'm sure.

Thank you for the welcome! Trash had not been picked up at 1:20 when I was on Bridal Trail on the day of the murder. Alanna's street of Babbling Brook is off of Bridal Trail. There was a very large amount of trash on Bridal Trail at 1:20 pm and it was a trash day.

I don't really know what to think of the red truck. I think it's probably related somehow but I really don't know how.

Another note, the airport that some have mentioned in Saginaw hasn't been active for many years.

There is a hanger and some other buildings there that have been abandoned for many years.

Seriously, I was also on Bridle Trail that day somewhere between 1 & 1:30. We just passed each other!

Alanna is the odd one out for me, perhaps because she is a bit younger. But there is still a resemblance. It's eerie.

There's nothing worse than having the cows and fish get into your trash! :scared:

If we didn't put our garbage in bins here in Kentucky... we'd see raccoons stealthily setting up trash smorgasbords on every street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx