GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was it someone accused them of this? I guess I must have missed that part.

I just wrote I thought it was an odd reaction. Based on my real life experience it IS an odd reaction to me. If you go on ahead and speak to any investigative cop who's GOOD at what they do, they will tell you that sometimes they develop a 'hunch' about someone. It's this hunch or feeling that leads them to FOLLOW UP a little farther with someone. Doesn't mean this person is guilty it just means that something they said, something they didn't say, some kind of body language made this investigator say..."Hmmm that was ODD." and pay closer attention to it.

What is odd to me, is that an 18 year old boy could identify the sex of a dead body based solely on seeing hair. Another oddity is that said 18 y/o would drop to his knees and begin to cry after finding a dead body.

I have teenagers and I'm quite confident that would not be their reaction. Their reaction would more than likely be them jumping around and hollering "Holy S*** it's a body! Dude! It's a freakin' body, go get mom!"

Yeah, but I'm just not sure how suddenly and unexpectedly finding a body compares to being given bad news in an ER where bad news is anticipated or, at the least, dreaded.

BBM

Oh I disagree completely with this statement.

Based on my professional experience people not only are EXPECTING GOOD NEWS in the ER they are in such a frame of mind that they don't want to hear anything else. They are in the waiting room PRAYING OUT LOUD that God returns a favorable outcome for them.

MANY TIMES you can go to tell them that things didn't work out the way we had hoped and the loved one died and you have to chose your words VERY carefully so the words are clear and direct.

Even then they will stand there in ASTONISHMENT and look you right in the eye and say, "What do you mean?" This is also why they say, "NO!" <---------That right there is an unconscious verbal exclamation of the brain going into denial because they do not want to believe the information they are being told.

SHOCK places them in DENIAL it's a defense mechanism.

Now, this is not to say that people, upon hearing of the death of a LOVED ONE do not collapse on the floor. I've seen that also. But in the case of a total stranger, a car accident, finding a dead person? This has not been my experience.

What is odd to me, is that an 18 year old boy could identify the sex of a dead body based solely on seeing hair. Another oddity is that said 18 y/o would drop to his knees and begin to cry after finding a dead body.

I have teenagers and I'm quite confident that would not be their reaction. Their reaction would more than likely be them jumping around and hollering "Holt S*** it's a body! Dude! It's a freakin' body, go get mom!"

Thank you these were my thoughts as well.

I had written nearly the same thing a few pages back.

My teenage boys would have run screaming to me for help to see if I could do something and only later after it sunk in WHAT they had seen would they become emotional.

But that's MY boys, I don't know every teenage boy and I'm not an expert on how ALL teenage boys would react. I'm only basing my opinion on my experience as a mom.

This is long, but this is how I do things. I've been reading here for days, when I have the time. I don't post a single line (other than my "thanks") until I get to the end. I've read every post, every link, and patiently waited until today when I finally got to the last post in the last thread. I'd appreciate it if you don't glaze past my post because of its length. It is days in the making. Thank you.

I live about 60 miles from Saginaw, definitely in another DFW suburb.

If Alanna had bangs when she was murdered, I would certainly say the resemblance is more striking. I've noticed that Alanna has reddish hair in some photos and dark brown in others. I wonder what her hair colour looked like in real life. Beautiful girl. It hurts to look at the sweet photos of her. RIP Alanna.

She looks like a redhead to me. I'm an amateur photographer, and the photos in which it looks brunette have terrible lighting. Moo.

This is MSM, Associated Press:

http://www.tdcaa.com/node/1442

For sliding, the physics all depends upon the friction between the tarp and the bed of the truck (assuming no tail gate). If the truck bed were frictionless, everything you put in the truck would immediately fall out the back as you drove away. Friction transmits the acceleration of the truck to the body. If the friction cannot accommodate the acceleration, the body slips. Obviously, there is friction, but it seems like a tarp on bare metal could be pretty slippery. And, as you rightly point out, we know through observation that things can slide around in passenger cars and trucks.

Additionally, I think there is some possibility that rolling could occur, if the body were bundled up in such a way that it became rounded, like a cylinder.

Like you, I'm not convinced that the body fell out of a truck, but I believe it is possible. I currently don't have an opinion on which is more likely (depends on how likely I think it is that trucks are missing tail gates vs how likely someone would intentionally dump a body in the street).

My husband has only ever driven a pickup truck. We both have a passing knowledge of physics, him more so than I. Experience with carrying loads in the truck, and education in physics have lead us both to conclude no way in hell Sweet Alanna's body fell out by accident. Not possible.

don't want to entirely derail the thread, but I came across some interesting things on the internet while researching Amber Hagerman. In short, the publisher of the paper in Ennis county believes her murder may have been related to a child sex ring that was busted in 2011 in Ennis, TX with close ties to one particular family.

From US DOJ: http://www.justice.gov/usao/txn/PressRel11/anderson_buddy_PSC_sen_pr.html

From D Magazine: http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2011/03/08/the-amber-hagerman-story/
* oddly, the link in this story and several others appears to have been "assumed" by LE

From Dallas Morning News: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...ngton-police-say-hagerman-tip-one-of-many.ece

I'm having a really hard time finding MSM links on this story, but you can google and figure out the back story. What is most unsettling to me is that I can no longer find MSM stories about the sex ring (there were once stories including that many children, including their own, were drugged and taken to a ranch/barn where "parties", incl adults, were held). If anyone can find any of this I'd appreciate it. Very odd that the DOJ and ICE statements can be found re: Anderson's arrest, but little else now.

Also odd, the journalist who tied this all together and sent leads to Arlington PD and was publishing stories (that are now inaccessible - lead to same black LE screen), was accused of child molestation himself in late 2011 and has been found guilty & sentenced.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Smal...r-accused-of-child-sex-assault-135964108.html

All very odd, and very off the radar. Google away.....

You beat me to it! No surprise since I took my time getting to the end of the Alanna threads before posting. (I hate re-reading the same posts & questions over and over again by folks who haven't followed the whole thread, makes me crazy, so I do what I can not to contribute)

This is a fascinating bit of weirdness. I don't know why Daubin was pursued as a criminal case rather than civil, I don't know why his theories were so quickly dismissed, and I have faith in our justice system that he wasn't framed for the offense (child molestation) for which he's serving time. All that said, I'm with you: I wish we could get back into those old links. They are verrrry interesting!

Worth noting that September 4 1993 was a Monday (like Alanna) and was Labor Day.

Alanna was killed during the week of another national holiday (4th of July). Does the killer work a normal M-F job?

ETA: Opal was a Friday, a bit over a week before Easter 1999.

Amber was a Saturday. For some schools and businesses, it would have been a three-day weekend due to MLK day on Monday, Jan 15.

Final edit: I hope someone will put a map together, but for those like me with no good visualization of Texas, is it safe to say that all four abductions occurred in suburbs of the Dallas-Fort Worth area?

This has been answered by now, but: Yes, they are all suburbs.

A sense of urgency and outrage does seem lacking in this case.

I think this is because the child is not missing. She wasn't missing long enough to put a search out for her. The typical big widespread news stories (Kyron Horman, Lisa Irwin, April Jones, Breeann Rodriguez&#8230;) accompany searches for missing children. THAT is urgent and spreads like wildfire. It also stirs up an avalanche of LE to look for the child. It gives the news crews plenty to cover for new stories as they follow search crews and ask questions and speculate. Often then, even if a body is found, by then, the story has momentum. This story never had a chance to gain momentum because she was found before she was ever reported missing.

And they said the opposite here. To me that indicates they are looking at family.

I think we know LE is highly concerned and working hard but the media and the larger, general public seem less frantic about this case.

I always thought it was to protect the investigation, right?

I agree, (Gitana, I virtually always agree with you FWIW) It's not that they don't trust the public. They don't trust the perp and they're trying to protect the investigation.

My mind keeps going back to Amanda Berry and Gina and that guy that held the three girls captive for a decade. Gina was his daughters friend. He knew Gina. I feel like Alanna went to this persons house and it was a crime of opportunity. I feel like they will find DNA so if they look close at the neighborhood they will find the sicko. I think they should take DNA samples from the entire neighborhood.. Door to door DNA samples of every member in each house in the entire community. I just can't believe her parents are being to quite. Don't you think you would be knocking down doors for DNA samples and evidence? Collect everything before there has to be something, a hair a fiber. It's there. It has to be. Just my thoughts. :/ praying!

In this country you still need a search warrant for that, and judges don't issue search warrants without probable cause. You also can't go on a fishing expedition: The search warrant must explicitly say what investigators are looking for. Thank goodness.

Hello everyone. I would like to thank all of you posters bc for the last 2 weeks I've been reading everything I can find on this case but you all find way more than I ever can and have great responses to what y'all find. I live 3 streets from where beautiful Alanna was found. I drive past the same intersection almost daily. I have 2 daughters and suddenly what I felt was a great move to Saginaw 4 months ago, has become a decision that fills me with regret and fear. The more info I get the better I feel, somehow, so I am truly thankful to each of you.

Don't regret your decision. It happens everywhere. I've got an RSO a block away and two weeks ago the press released a video of some schmuck who was caught jacking off in my Target, and then fondled a 10 year old girl. You can't get away from it. But neither should you panic, because the odds are most kids are murdered by parents, and stranger abduction is very rare.

Then if LE does not know anything and is not sharing info on when and where she was last seen, that is unconscionable.

They have not stated if they have found the red truck. They have not stated if they have found the dark vans.

They could go on TV and say that they appreciate the tips. Keep them coming. We are waiting test results, some of which may take a couple of months to come in.

Anything.

Notice how this thread is getting less and less comments?

I try to keep thinking of things to say and ask to keep the memory of Alanna going.

I think of some of the cases I followed on here and I cannot remember the child's name and it is not solved. Sad indeed.

It just seems that there has to be a lot of evidence. No one is that good that they don't leave something. Hair, sweat, fibers, dirt, something.

Help me out here. I read everything, but I'm still fuzzy on this: I believe the reports of questions about the two dark colored vans came from the public. I think neighbors who were asked the questions shared that with the media, and the media reported it. In other words, it was NOT part of an LE press conference. Right? LE hasn't publicly asked for help with those two vehicles, unless I am mistaken.

So, what about the red truck with the green splotch? Did LE specifically ask for the public to look for that? Or was that another case of witnesses sharing inside info and the media reporting it?

It's worth knowing this, because if it came from the public, that means LE has shared even less with the public than we may be assuming here. (I apologize for not being clear on this, by all means if LE asked the media for help looking for those three vehicles, set me straight!)

I do believe that most of the time LE knows more than they're saying... that may still be a long ways from solving the case.
Absolutely. Big chasm between strong suspicions and reasonable doubt (Kyron Horman; Jon Benet)

I was actually referring to Alanna's family regarding the lack of urgency and outrage, but, I kwym.

JMO

Thank you local people for letting us know what is going on in the Fort Worth area.

I honestly don't expect parents of a murdered child to make media rounds but I am surprised there isn't a family spokesperson.
To say what? She's not missing. They aren't pleading for her safe return. She's deceased; they have her; they've buried her. They are heart broken and greiving. What should they be saying? I would think the family is in communication with LE, so they know more about the specifics and progress in the investigation than we do. So, they aren't sitting in the dark wondering "WTF" the way we are, so what benefit would they get from talking to the media? There's nothing for which to plead.

The vast majority of abductions are parental, and do not end up as murdered.

But, of the children who are abducted, and then murdered, the vast majority are not parental.

What you are highlighting says that the number of children abducted and killed is much smaller than the number of children who go missing, and the number of children who are killed in other ways.

Taking all of what has been quoted so far, it seems to me:

Vast majority of children murdered, are murdered by a parent. (Majority by far are not abducted first)
Vast majority of children abducted, are abducted by a parent. (Majority by far are not killed)

But, the majority of children who are abducted, and then murdered, are not abducted and murdered by a parent.

What we don't really know here, is if Alanna truly was abducted. I'm treading carefully, because I'm not blaming the parents. However, if hypothetically, it was one of her parents, then she was never abducted. They are bright educated people. Perhaps they did a very thorough job of making this look like an abduction. All hypothetical, of course, but recall how Casey Anthony searched for chloroform? We know there are some sealed records related to these parents' electronics&#8230;. We know the parents have an active internet life. We know from a mainstream media video that MM (a parent) suggested we "Google Polyamory" Perhaps there were some very interesting, perhaps secondarily incriminating, or suggestive searches done. We don't know what the forensic analysis of their electronics found, but if she was murdered, but not abducted, that would put her soundly in the most common child homicide category, nothing rare at all. Hypothetically.

For me, because I can empathize with and, to a certain extent, identify with the family. I've read the Mom's journal and I have a few things in common with them on the nerd/geek/tech job spectrum, plus friends and relatives in the SCA. I've admitted since early on that this gives me a certain amount of bias towards hoping they are cleared, non-traditional family unit and all.

Another way to put it: many posters, after following a case, start speaking about the victim as though they know/knew them. I feel that way about the family. Again, mostly from skimming social media. They seem like good people, despite not fitting certain social norms. It'll break my heart if they prove me wrong.

On the flip side, why do people hope it was the family?

I like them too. They seem "like" me in most ways. I think we could be friends. They are clever, and their little girl has been described as smarter than average because of the questions she asked.

However, I still hope it was family. I hope that in every case, because then, there's no creepy perp out there, and I can relax about my own children.

It seems to me when there is family involved in a lot of these cases, the remains are buried or secreted away. Dumping in the middle of the street just doesn't work for me with family. Even if the family member was one of those whack jobs, there should have been some love for the victim at some time.

Unless, as I said above, the family knows exactly that. Unless they understand statistically what familial murders look like. (Blankets, teddy bears, care given: Jon Benet; Camden Hughes) In the same interview I quoted above, MM said, "I know that the odds are high that it's a family member in this sort of situation." A clever familial perp would do just the opposite of a typical familial murder, if they were trying very hard not to get caught or be suspected.

As an aside: it's interesting that LE interviewed the other two parents first if MM was the last one to see her. (Perhaps he wasn't) it's also worth noting that in this same interview he will not say when he last saw her, clearly added that LE wouldn't want him to share that. They are CLEARLY protecting the investigation by withholding information, which is why we don't have a crisp timeline.

I don't know. I think they start out fearing a stranger but without more crimes, people tend to relax.

Well that's true. But when a kid is found mostly naked, wrapped in a tarp and discarded on the road, to me it's less likely she suffered an Andrea Yates type scenario if family was responsible.

Maybe&#8230; unless it's like my hypothetical above. An accident that has been covered up. I know the old Jeff Ashton adage, "people don't make accidents look like a murder." But&#8230; what if you were one of a trio relationship, and you alone were responsible for the accident? Might you have a greater fear of losing the relationship with the other two? They would still have each other, even if you were gone. What if, further, the child who was killed was the only child in the family that was yours biologically? What if you feared that the other two partners in the trio had a tighter bond, and would still have the glue of their 3 children together to hold their relationship together, while you had just lost your blood connection to the ensemble? Maybe that would be very scary and highly motivate you to protect your position in the triangle. All absolutely hypothetical, of course. I think being part of a triangle would have the potential for any one of them to always feel slightly at risk of being excluded by the other two.

In the cases I've followed the ones where LE asked for the publics help and were very vocal (Jessica Ridgeway, Amber Pasquale, Whitney Heichel) were all solved, bodies found and arrests made. In cases where LE was quiet and many speculated that they had a suspect and were just playing it close to the vest, they are still unsolved (Lisa Irwin, Celina Cass, Elizabeth Collins & Lryic Cook).

I wish I could have that optimism that LE is going to make an arrest soon, but I don't see it happening. I fear this case will be added to the list of others that remain unsolved.

It's not that I think LE isn't doing their job, sometimes they just don't have much to work with and when they aren't asking for the publics help then they are not going to get more to go on.

But we don't really know what LE has in any of those cases. They could have quite a bit, but still not enough to try a case. Look at all the stuff they had on Josh Powell implicating him in Susan's disappearance. We didn't know any of those details until the point was moot.

Thank you for bearing with me. If you've read all that you deserve a beer, or a cookie, whichever you prefer! :)

Especially since she had very short hair.

We've seen her with many different hair lengths in photos. Some of the photos it would have been long enough to stick out of the bottom of a plastic bag that was taped around her neck

Now, this is not to say that people, upon hearing of the death of a LOVED ONE do not collapse on the floor. I've seen that also. But in the case of a total stranger, a car accident, finding a dead person? This has not been my experience.

I had a friend, full grown adult male, gray around the temples, collapse to his knees at my feet a couple weeks ago when I told him my brother used to work for TSR (the company that originally made Dungeons and Dragons)

I was surprised at the reaction, but my point in telling this anecdote is that you simply have no real idea what is going to genuinely shock people.

I can't even begin to think how I would react if I found a naked dead child's body out in the street in front of my house. I wouldn't begin to speculate, because that's so far outside the realm of my reality.

We've seen her with many different hair lengths in photos. Some of the photos it would have been long enough to stick out of the bottom of a plastic bag that was taped around her neck

I think there was a recent video of her jumping on a trampoline, singing soft kitty. She had short hair in that video, so I was thinking that her hair was still short. I could be wrong. Just my perception.

I had a friend, full grown adult male, gray around the temples, collapse to his knees at my feet a couple weeks ago when I told him my brother used to work for TSR (the company that originally made Dungeons and Dragons)

I was surprised at the reaction, but my point in telling this anecdote is that you simply have no real idea what is going to genuinely shock people.

I can't even begin to think how I would react if I found a naked dead child's body out in the street in front of my house. I wouldn't begin to speculate, because that's so far outside the realm of my reality.

I understand why you posted this.

I also posted several spots back that for every opinion I express on this matter you can bring someone else on here to say the exact OPPOSITE has been their experience. I never once said my opinion was carved in a brick or that ALL experiences were like this.

I simply stated that I FELT THE KID'S REACTION WAS ODD. For that matter I think your grown adult male friend's reaction was odd as well. I think a LOT OF THINGS are odd.

There are many papers and sociology studies written about the cultural differences of grieving and public expressions of grief.

I think this dead horse has been beaten enough already.

I mentioned that I'd been at the memorial Wednesday after her death and met the homeowner.
The younger of the two kids who found her was also out at the memorial site that night. He was with a friend, and was talkative. He asked us which bears were ours, showed us the one his sister had put out and seemed hyped up. Like "Dude! I can't believe this happened to me!". We didn't engage in his conversation because the friend I was with knew Alanna and was very upset. The older cousin was apparently inside.

Matou, I am local and I drove past Alanna's street on the day she was found. On that day, on BridleTrail, at 1:20pm, trash was all over the place. Boxes, bags of trash, some bins, but massive amounts of trash all up and down that street. Alanna's street is Babbling Brook and it is off of Bridle Trail.

I think there was a recent video of her jumping on a trampoline, singing soft kitty. She had short hair in that video, so I was thinking that her hair was still short. I could be wrong. Just my perception.

Isn't she wearing a pink quilted coat in the video? Can't be that recent as we haven't had coat weather here in months, so her hair, which doesn't appear to be cut often could easily have grown in that amount of time.

I believe the most recent photo I saw was on Mom's FB, from a couple weeks prior. and has now been taken off, I know we can't post stuff from there anyway but her hair in that photo was a little longer than it was in the 'soft kitty video' Idk if anyone else saw it but she was at an archery thing?

Matou, I am local and I drove past Alanna's street on the day she was found. On that day, on BridleTrail, at 1:20pm, trash was all over the place. Boxes, bags of trash, some bins, but massive amounts of trash all up and down that street. Alanna's street is Babbling Brook and it is off of Bridle Trail.

Weird, I wonder how the streets were where she was found? They seemed clean to me. What about moving day? Was Monday July 1st a day where people would be moving in/out of the area? Thank you so much for your insight!

Hair bow, beret, ponytail in back, or braid, are just a few ways to surmise the body was that of a little girl.

On both of these points, I wondered if maybe the boy wasn't describing it exactly as it happened. Perhaps he didn't drop to his knees and start to cry, but thought maybe that's what people expected to hear from him. And perhaps he just meant that he saw hair, realised it was a person, but in telling the story when he was aware it was a girl, that became "I saw it was a girl" (can't recall the exact wording, sorry).

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...-Alanna-Gallagher-Laid-to-Rest-215053131.html

Guess her hair was close to this, not as short as the photo in the thread or the video. But I don't see how seeing the hair you could tell it was a girl.

well, there was also the purple underwear.

I found the picture, I had the link to it in a skype convo. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it?

My husband has only ever driven a pickup truck. We both have a passing knowledge of physics, him more so than I. Experience with carrying loads in the truck, and education in physics have lead us both to conclude no way in hell Sweet Alanna's body fell out by accident. Not possible.

I just would like to double-check something with you... what if the truck were speeding and took two sharp turns (one very sharp) in opposite directions in quick succession? Also, consider that the bundled-up body might roll like a cylinder rather than slide. Based on your experience, could that cause a body to fall out the back of a truck (without a tail gate)?

Also, if not, do you have any thoughts on the belt?

Unless, as I said above, the family knows exactly that. Unless they understand statistically what familial murders look like. (Blankets, teddy bears, care given: Jon Benet; Camden Hughes) In the same interview I quoted above, MM said, "I know that the odds are high that it's a family member in this sort of situation." A clever familial perp would do just the opposite of a typical familial murder, if they were trying very hard not to get caught or be suspected.

I think this is an interesting idea. In that case, do you think it indicates premediation (to give time to look up what family murders look like)? Or do you think that kind of thing is common knowledge with all the crime shows on TV these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801