GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND:

The days when families 'protect their own' need to be OVER. In my humble opinion MORE HARM has been committed by families AND WIVES IN PARTICULAR who know, KNOW that a family member is sick and due to shame or whatever misguided @#$$%^ they have, they decide to sweep it under the rug and not seek help. Tell no one.

I want to see laws that say if you know you have a family member capable of this and they commit a crime then you face the law as well.

Just last week I had a friend approach me because the in-laws were INSISTING on a sleep over with grandpa and grandma but this friend of mine KNEW that grandpa had been a molester in the past.

WHAT THE :stormingmad: WHHYYYYYYYYYY do families CATER to these sick individuals????? Why do the wives continue to look the other way?

Completely agree with this and the post just previous to it. In ancient Israel if a person knew of a serious crime and didn't tell they were as guilty as the perp when it finally came out.
Children are DEFENSELESS and down south we're raised to respect your elders & those in authority. We always told DS that if he EVER felt uncomfortable (unsafe/bad vibes/ etc.) with ANYONE in any capacity - friend, family, whoever - he had our complete support in not doing what they said or being around them. After the harm is done, it's too late. You gotta be proactive. (I lived the other route & will never put my child/grandchild in that position.)
*When he got too old to go with me into the ladies room I camped outside the men's room & made sure there was no one in there when he went it. If anyone went inside after him, I stuck my head in the door and yelled, "____, if you aren't out in 1 minute, I'm coming in after you."

I haven't followed Ahlittia's case. Thank you for bring the link here and for pointing that out. I need to goggle map the girls locations. imo

They have a POI , who's a relative in Ahlittia's case. He lives in the same apartments. And it is a VERY long drive between towns.

Interesting, that seems to be what happened to Ahlittia North's body as well. (Info from today's press conference starts here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216011&page=17)
Ahlittia is also 6 and described as a friendly outgoing girl who would have opened the door for a stranger.

It's a good long haul from DFW to Jefferson Parish, LA, though. Is it a direct route? Is there anything that might connect the towns?

We go through Louisiana when we drive to Florida. Jefferson Parish is south of New Orleans. You don't drive there, going through. Like, there is no reason to drive through that town, if you are traveling along the coast. It's really down there, and completely out of the way, of anything else. Unless there is a truck route that would require a trucker to stop in Jefferson Parrish, or someone has family here...I don't see any obvious connection. It's an 8-9 hour drive (in no traffic) from Saginaw to there.

I must have missed that.

SCHMAE

I asked earlier what a sealed affidavit meant and people said that the details of the crime would be on there.

No one has said what those are

Maybe it is different in Texas, but here some boys have longer hair. Long as a girl's. Elementary age boys

I would be cautious around here, waving at someone driving a car because of their hair length. :facepalm:

At first, I just thought it was some rubber stuff," John Smith told local station NBC DFW, "and then I got a closer look, and all I saw was a bag, and I saw some hair sticking out and so, I was like, 'Oh my God. It's a girl!'"

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nd-dead-texas-article-1.1389228#ixzz2ZEjIIo7E

How does the sight of hair tell someone the body is that of a female? :waitasec:

Especially since she had very short hair.

Maybe something else indicated that to him. Lots of times people's excited utterances can be disjointed.

But if no one is inferring these kids were involved, who cares? First it was inferred his "depersonalization" was suspect which turned out not to have occurred, really. Then his reaction at uncovering a dead, half naked child was suspect and now based on a couple sentences that we're reported regarding the gender of the victim, his instant assumption about Alanna's gender is suspect. If he is not bring accused what's the point of this conversation?

BBM

Oh I disagree completely with this statement.

Based on my professional experience people not only are EXPECTING GOOD NEWS in the ER they are in such a frame of mind that they don't want to hear anything else. They are in the waiting room PRAYING OUT LOUD that God returns a favorable outcome for them.

MANY TIMES you can go to tell them that things didn't work out the way we had hoped and the loved one died and you have to chose your words VERY carefully so the words are clear and direct.

Even then they will stand there in ASTONISHMENT and look you right in the eye and say, "What do you mean?" This is also why they say, "NO!" <---------That right there is an unconscious verbal exclamation of the brain going into denial because they do not want to believe the information they are being told.

SHOCK places them in DENIAL it's a defense mechanism.

Now, this is not to say that people, upon hearing of the death of a LOVED ONE do not collapse on the floor. I've seen that also. But in the case of a total stranger, a car accident, finding a dead person? This has not been my experience.

They come in sometimes in shock. And they are not sitting in the ER anticipating good news. Any person who has been through it can tell you how their body is tense with nerves and anticipation. And denial occurs even when the subconscious knows the possibilities.

Finally, I don't understand how telling someone in an ER that a stranger died in a car accident would come close to comparing to suddenly and unexpectedly finding a dead, naked baby in a pile of what looks like trash.

This is long, but this is how I do things. I've been reading here for days, when I have the time. I don't post a single line (other than my "thanks") until I get to the end. I've read every post, every link, and patiently waited until today when I finally got to the last post in the last thread. I'd appreciate it if you don't glaze past my post because of its length. It is days in the making. Thank you.

I live about 60 miles from Saginaw, definitely in another DFW suburb.

She looks like a redhead to me. I'm an amateur photographer, and the photos in which it looks brunette have terrible lighting. Moo.

My husband has only ever driven a pickup truck. We both have a passing knowledge of physics, him more so than I. Experience with carrying loads in the truck, and education in physics have lead us both to conclude no way in hell Sweet Alanna's body fell out by accident. Not possible.

You beat me to it! No surprise since I took my time getting to the end of the Alanna threads before posting. (I hate re-reading the same posts & questions over and over again by folks who haven't followed the whole thread, makes me crazy, so I do what I can not to contribute)

This is a fascinating bit of weirdness. I don't know why Daubin was pursued as a criminal case rather than civil, I don't know why his theories were so quickly dismissed, and I have faith in our justice system that he wasn't framed for the offense (child molestation) for which he's serving time. All that said, I'm with you: I wish we could get back into those old links. They are verrrry interesting!

This has been answered by now, but: Yes, they are all suburbs.

I think this is because the child is not missing. She wasn't missing long enough to put a search out for her. The typical big widespread news stories (Kyron Horman, Lisa Irwin, April Jones, Breeann Rodriguez&#8230;) accompany searches for missing children. THAT is urgent and spreads like wildfire. It also stirs up an avalanche of LE to look for the child. It gives the news crews plenty to cover for new stories as they follow search crews and ask questions and speculate. Often then, even if a body is found, by then, the story has momentum. This story never had a chance to gain momentum because she was found before she was ever reported missing.

I agree, (Gitana, I virtually always agree with you FWIW) It's not that they don't trust the public. They don't trust the perp and they're trying to protect the investigation.

In this country you still need a search warrant for that, and judges don't issue search warrants without probable cause. You also can't go on a fishing expedition: The search warrant must explicitly say what investigators are looking for. Thank goodness.

Don't regret your decision. It happens everywhere. I've got an RSO a block away and two weeks ago the press released a video of some schmuck who was caught jacking off in my Target, and then fondled a 10 year old girl. You can't get away from it. But neither should you panic, because the odds are most kids are murdered by parents, and stranger abduction is very rare.

Help me out here. I read everything, but I'm still fuzzy on this: I believe the reports of questions about the two dark colored vans came from the public. I think neighbors who were asked the questions shared that with the media, and the media reported it. In other words, it was NOT part of an LE press conference. Right? LE hasn't publicly asked for help with those two vehicles, unless I am mistaken.

So, what about the red truck with the green splotch? Did LE specifically ask for the public to look for that? Or was that another case of witnesses sharing inside info and the media reporting it?

It's worth knowing this, because if it came from the public, that means LE has shared even less with the public than we may be assuming here. (I apologize for not being clear on this, by all means if LE asked the media for help looking for those three vehicles, set me straight!)

Absolutely. Big chasm between strong suspicions and reasonable doubt (Kyron Horman; Jon Benet)

To say what? She's not missing. They aren't pleading for her safe return. She's deceased; they have her; they've buried her. They are heart broken and greiving. What should they be saying? I would think the family is in communication with LE, so they know more about the specifics and progress in the investigation than we do. So, they aren't sitting in the dark wondering "WTF" the way we are, so what benefit would they get from talking to the media? There's nothing for which to plead.

What we don't really know here, is if Alanna truly was abducted. I'm treading carefully, because I'm not blaming the parents. However, if hypothetically, it was one of her parents, then she was never abducted. They are bright educated people. Perhaps they did a very thorough job of making this look like an abduction. All hypothetical, of course, but recall how Casey Anthony searched for chloroform? We know there are some sealed records related to these parents' electronics&#8230;. We know the parents have an active internet life. We know from a mainstream media video that MM (a parent) suggested we "Google Polyamory" Perhaps there were some very interesting, perhaps secondarily incriminating, or suggestive searches done. We don't know what the forensic analysis of their electronics found, but if she was murdered, but not abducted, that would put her soundly in the most common child homicide category, nothing rare at all. Hypothetically.

I like them too. They seem "like" me in most ways. I think we could be friends. They are clever, and their little girl has been described as smarter than average because of the questions she asked.

However, I still hope it was family. I hope that in every case, because then, there's no creepy perp out there, and I can relax about my own children.

Unless, as I said above, the family knows exactly that. Unless they understand statistically what familial murders look like. (Blankets, teddy bears, care given: Jon Benet; Camden Hughes) In the same interview I quoted above, MM said, "I know that the odds are high that it's a family member in this sort of situation." A clever familial perp would do just the opposite of a typical familial murder, if they were trying very hard not to get caught or be suspected.

As an aside: it's interesting that LE interviewed the other two parents first if MM was the last one to see her. (Perhaps he wasn't) it's also worth noting that in this same interview he will not say when he last saw her, clearly added that LE wouldn't want him to share that. They are CLEARLY protecting the investigation by withholding information, which is why we don't have a crisp timeline.

Maybe&#8230; unless it's like my hypothetical above. An accident that has been covered up. I know the old Jeff Ashton adage, "people don't make accidents look like a murder." But&#8230; what if you were one of a trio relationship, and you alone were responsible for the accident? Might you have a greater fear of losing the relationship with the other two? They would still have each other, even if you were gone. What if, further, the child who was killed was the only child in the family that was yours biologically? What if you feared that the other two partners in the trio had a tighter bond, and would still have the glue of their 3 children together to hold their relationship together, while you had just lost your blood connection to the ensemble? Maybe that would be very scary and highly motivate you to protect your position in the triangle. All absolutely hypothetical, of course. I think being part of a triangle would have the potential for any one of them to always feel slightly at risk of being excluded by the other two.

But we don't really know what LE has in any of those cases. They could have quite a bit, but still not enough to try a case. Look at all the stuff they had on Josh Powell implicating him in Susan's disappearance. We didn't know any of those details until the point was moot.

Thank you for bearing with me. If you've read all that you deserve a beer, or a cookie, whichever you prefer! :)

Beer. Definitely beer.

Glad you brought these things up.:blushing: I wasn't sure if I should.

One of the boys said something like....When I look over there I think about her being dead and suffering...... hummm suffering?

They made me pause.
Along with the comment: paraphrasing here:
It's a girl.... I agree with you. She had short hair. IMO the teen couldn't have looked in the bag, saw Alanna's hair and knew it was a female.
Next the falling to his knees. >>> Again agree with you. 18 year old boys I know and helped raise...no way would they fall to their knees and cry.
That IMOO is movie stuff.
again just moo/

Have your boys found a dead body? How can anyone predict how another or even they themselves would react under such horrific and bizarre circumstances.

Here's a route that I was speculating about:

http://goo.gl/maps/sG8dq

Imagine a truck speeding down Woodcrest, hooking that sharp right onto Roundrock, possibly fishtailing a bit then hooking the left onto Cindy, the intersection where the body was found.

I don't think you could go fish tailing don that street without people noticing. It was an unseasonably cool afternoon and even mid afternoon there would have been people outside most of the time.

Maybe it is different in Texas, but here some boys have longer hair. Long as a girl's. Elementary age boys

In Saginaw, it would be pretty reasonable to assume long hair on a child = girl. Especially if they also saw the body with the purple underpants.

IMO, all Alanna's toxicology tests were completed many days ago.

LE took numerous computers from the Gallaghers and checking these is taking a long time.

I think my post was deleted. I wonder why?

So,I will try it a different way.

Let us say the parents all go out to activities. Who watches the children? A teenager? Would the teenager invite friends over while babysitting?

Does Alanna then feel comfortable with a number of teens?

I wonder how much interaction her parents had with teens?

Here's a route that I was speculating about:

http://goo.gl/maps/sG8dq

Imagine a truck speeding down Woodcrest, hooking that sharp right onto Roundrock, possibly fishtailing a bit then hooking the left onto Cindy, the intersection where the body was found.

Also, I asked about the belt, because I would assume that a clever perp would not intentionally leave his own presumably DNA-filled belt at the scene. There are other possibilities, just wondering which one you favored if you felt the body was left there intentionally (belt = strap, belt was new, perp made a mistake, perp intentionally used someone else's belt to frame them, perp grabbed something from the home but he came from elsewhere, perp had access to a belt from a thrift store and used it as a red herring, etc).
If she fell out of a truck going around a turn, her body would have been slung more towards the middle of the street. Instead, Alanna's body was found very close to the curb. :(

Interesting, that seems to be what happened to Ahlittia North's body as well. (Info from today's press conference starts here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216011&page=17)
Ahlittia is also 6 and described as a friendly outgoing girl who would have opened the door for a stranger.

It's a good long haul from DFW to Jefferson Parish, LA, though. Is it a direct route? Is there anything that might connect the towns?

An arrest warrant for murder has been issued for Matthew Flugence, 20, in connection with North's death. Flugence is also wanted on sexual battery charges involving an 11-year-old in the Harvey area.

http://www.ksla.com/story/22850189/...r&utm_content=buffere1960&utm_medium=facebook

We go through Louisiana when we drive to Florida. Jefferson Parish is south of New Orleans. You don't drive there, going through. Like, there is no reason to drive through that town, if you are traveling along the coast. It's really down there, and completely out of the way, of anything else. Unless there is a truck route that would require a trucker to stop in Jefferson Parrish, or someone has family here...I don't see any obvious connection. It's an 8-9 hour drive (in no traffic) from Saginaw to there.

Well, the suspect lives in Jefferson Parish, so he's got reason to be there. I don't know what his profession is, or if he has one.

An arrest warrant for murder has been issued for Matthew Flugence, 20, in connection with North's death. Flugence is also wanted on sexual battery charges involving an 11-year-old in the Harvey area.

http://www.ksla.com/story/22850189/...r&utm_content=buffere1960&utm_medium=facebook
OMG. He had a previous charge of assaulting an 11-year-old.

Human-size doggy shock collars soldered on (like Invisible Fence)
http://www.invisiblefence.com
could be an effective deterrent to keep known sexual predators from wandering neighborhoods.

If she fell out of a truck going around a turn, her body would have been slung more towards the middle of the street. Instead, Alanna's body was found very close to the curb. :(

A lot of the initial reports describe the body as being found in the middle of the road. The boys were going to move it out of the street. So, I wonder if maybe the boys had already dragged the tarp to the side of the road before discovering what was inside.

Well, the suspect lives in Jefferson Parish, so he's got reason to be there. I don't know what his profession is, or if he has one.

Sorry... I meant it doesn't seem like a natural path, to go through Saginaw. Unless, he had family here.

Everything about this case seems so different. We had a crime and a body before we even had a missing child report. The circumstances seem so odd about the intersection and how she was found. Family dynamics are somewhat unique. And now just silence or assurance that the community is safe. Very strange all around.

Sooo hoping this case gets solved quickly and someone is held responsible for ending this dear sweet little life that had just begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801