GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming back to the statement by LE that everyone is 'perfectly safe' and the items specifically stated as of interest on the SW, the items taken listed on the SW, I do wonder like someone said early on if the perp was someone with a grudge or distaste for the parents, there are some strange people out there. And in the online world who knows who they may have come across.

Maybe it's obvious there was an attempt to set up the parents. Could explain why they stated so early it was an isolated incident and everyone was safe, maybe the family was targeted specifically.

Late night ramblings, JMO

I keep thinking isolated as meaning there is not another recent case like it in the area. So its an isolated case.
jmo

I am wondering since LE did NOT take any other clothing (as per SW), if we can safely assume that the belt used around the tarp was size 38-44?

That is very, very specific in the SW.

Also, why would the SW want MENS clothing, sized 38-46? Again, very specific.

I suspect you are right and the SW for the belt and the clothes are based on the belt found around the body, which I would guess was a men's belt in that size range.

As for why the SW lists men's clothes in the same size range, I have two guesses (1) the possibility of finding fiber evidence (2) confirmation of compatible size, just in case no belt was found.

Does anyone think LE pretty much knows who did this, but are just eliminating all other possibilities?

Does anyone think LE pretty much knows who did this, but are just eliminating all other possibilities?
If this is the case, then LE has decided that the answer lies within the home.

But I also feel that they may be about as baffled as we are right now, really.

This child was murdered, wrapped up and found in the street! WHY aren't we hearing from LE? Why aren't the parents, family spokesperson, whoever, SCREAMING FOR THE who did this to be arrested???

Something stinks.....real bad about Alanna's death.

This child was murdered, wrapped up and found in the street! WHY aren't we hearing from LE? Why aren't the parents, family spokesperson, whoever, SCREAMING FOR THE who did this to be arrested???

Something stinks.....real bad about Alanna's death.

Yup. Real bad stink!

If I change threads, I get bumped off. I had major issues logging in, and if I take too long to read, I can't post and have to log in again. Vicious cycle.

Definitely in s l o w motion for me too. :seeya:

If this is the case, then LE has decided that the answer lies within the home.

But I also feel that they may be about as baffled as we are right now, really.

I kinda dont actually. Because LE (paraphrasing) mentioned something about process of elimination. And I think in some way it will go to either the actual home or the families circle.
jmo

LE has been working with the FBI. They do this kind of thing a lot.

They must have advice on how to handle things. So the fact they are not asking for help from the public re the time last seen and the clothing she was wearing to me says they know who the perp os but are just gathering corroborating evidence.

Color me hopeful and not stupid, I hope

It's been 2 weeks since Alanna was left out like trash on the side of the road. I'm so disturbed to think her killer is running free. I really think LE needs to make some kind of statement, even if they don't release any new info it would be reassuring to hear something, anything, from them.

Billboards make me think they are desperate for info.

They may be desperate because of recent cases where no matter how much evidence is there, it does not matter.

The billboards were donated. I think it would be really hard to say "no" to the bill boards. If LE insisted they not be put up, they would have a lot of explaining to do

It's been 2 weeks since Alanna was left out like trash on the side of the road. I'm so disturbed to think her killer is running free. I really think LE needs to make some kind of statement, even if they don't release any new info it would be reassuring to hear something, anything, from them.

Billboards make me think they are desperate for info.

Like maybe they could say to watch ones children? Theres a child kidnapper and murderer on the loose?
Naw. They got their guy and he/she is under surveillance. Imo just crossing their T's dotting their I's.

Like maybe they could say to watch ones children? Theres a child kidnapper and murderer on the loose?
Naw. They got their guy and he/she is under surveillance. Imo just crossing their T's dotting their I's.

They said this exact thing in Denver, when Jessica went missing and was found murdered. Warned the public very strongly.

Sometimes I think they know exactly who did this, but they are waiting on tests to come back and solidify their case. At other times, I think they haven't got a clue who did this.

I really hope you're right. And if it's family or any of their circle of associates I really hope this wasn't any kind of chronic abuse situation, that the other children were not exposed, etc......

The silence in this case is deafening.

Thirteen days have gone by and nobody is talking.

Nobody meaning the police, the family, a family spokesperson (there isn't one), and grandparents.

Even the community appears to be quiet.

I can't say I have ever seen such a thing.

They may be desperate because of recent cases where no matter how much evidence is there, it does not matter.

The billboards were donated. I think it would be really hard to say "no" to the bill boards. If LE insisted they not be put up, they would have a lot of explaining to do

Alanna's picture staring at perp from all these would be terribly un-nerving to the perp, imo.

Are they anywhere that driving out of the neighborhood one would have to drive by them?

Nobody meaning the police, the family, a family spokesperson (there isn't one), and grandparents.

This case is so baffling. No one saw her get snatched, which is often the case, and her dead body had already been found by the time her family was looking for her.

So often in these types of cases, you've got the eyewitness who saw the child get snatched from the yard or off the bicycle, or you hear from the friend or sibling that the child didn't make it home or disappeared on the way home or whatever.

In this case, the timeline is difficult to determine because of the freedom six-year-old Alanna had. Additionally, the timeline (for whatever reason) seems to be a big secret, which is strange. No one saw anything. To make matters even more confusing, she was dumped (intentionally or not) on a residential street not far from her house.

Each element of this case (her freedom, the difficult timeline, the body dump, the SW, etc.) is perplexing, but together the elements are mind-boggling.

I really hope you're right. And if it's family or any of their circle of associates I really hope this wasn't any kind of chronic abuse situation, that the other children were not exposed, etc......

I think I'm leaning towards an associate. We know the parents had an unconventional lifestyle (nothing wrong with that) and I'm wondering if there was somebody who regularly stayed at the house. Perhaps the items seized from the house weren't only focused on the people that live there but someone who is a frequent visitor. Someone who might leave clothes around, use household items etc. I find it really hard to think the parents were involved at all. The way Alanna's poor body was found suggests to me it was someone who wasn't very attached to Alanna.

I think this case would be playing out much differently if Alanna was missing. I think LE would be communicating more with the public, possibly holding daily press conferences. The parents would also be talking to the media, and if they weren't, there would be a lot of criticism about it. I think that when a child is found dead, there seems to be less of a "demand" or "need" to hear from the parents. It's like, they can talk when they are able to.

Also, The Fort Worth Star has written 7 articles about Alanna in the past two weeks. They wrote 65 articles about Amber Hagerman in the first two weeks of her case. Amber's body was found only a few days after she went missing. I don't really get why there's such a huge disparity between the two cases. I was pretty shocked by the difference in the number of articles.

ETA: The articles about Amber were not just about what was happening in her case. They weren't all filled with new information. Most of them were about the community's reaction, the search for Amber, how to protect your children more, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic