GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ford Taurus was set on fire:

"Besides the car, a Ford Taurus, a makeshift memorial of stuffed animals"

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/19/5012462/fires-investigated-at-home-of.html#storylink=cpy

It turns out that the Ford Taurus is the car that had the red tape, Walmart bags, and a tarp seized from it (among other things):

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/SaginawSearchWarrant.pdf

Since this is the car that was set on fire, it's hard not to speculate about the possibility of destroying evidence. Maybe this car is generally more vulnerable than the others for some reason (left unlocked, location, whatever). Maybe the perp stole items out of this car and is trying to eliminate some other possible evidence (fingerprints?).

thanks Matou! Family being targeted by the monster???

They do not know yet. Just last night we heard they may release some footage from surveillance cameras or cell phone.

Even if this is not done by the person that killed Alanna it was still done by a monster. Who tries to burn a child's memorial or their parents car which got very close to their home.

I feel for her parents but I honestly hurt for her siblings right now. Scared after what happened to their little sister, now their mom and dads are in harms way too. Those poor kiddos.

Thw Ford Taurus was set on fire:

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/19/5012462/fires-investigated-at-home-of.html#storylink=cpy

It turns out that the Ford Taurus is the car that had the red tape, Walmart bags, and a tarp seized from it (among other things):

Since this is the car that was set on fire, it's hard not to speculate about the possibility of destroying evidence. Maybe this car is generally more vulnerable than the others for some reason (left unlocked, location, whatever). Maybe the perp stole items out of this car and is trying to eliminate some other possible evidence (fingerprints?).

Little late to be worried about destroying evidence. IMO LE processed the car.

But all three vehicles were searched. But you could be right. I'm gonna guess this is MM's car since he was the only adult home at the time Alanna went missing. JMO

This is really PO'ing me. I feel not only for the family but everyone living on that street right now. This is horrifying.

After reading the scanner thread I'm even less inclined to think teen prank. That, and from the pictures it would looks like this would have required getting underneath the front to start it and feeding it with something, somehow.......

Not just walking by the curb and torching some stuffed toys.

They do not know yet. Just last night we heard they may release some footage from surveillance cameras or cell phone.

Even if this is not done by the person that killed Alanna it was still done by a monster. Who tries to burn a child's memorial or their parents car which got very close to their home.

I feel for her parents but I honestly hurt for her siblings right now. Scared after what happened to their little sister, now their mom and dads are in harms way too. Those poor kiddos.

This is really PO'ing me. I feel not only for the family but everyone living on that street right now. This is horrifying.

After reading the scanner thread I'm even less inclined to think teen prank. That, and from the pictures it would looks like this would have required getting underneath the front to start it and feeding it with something, somehow.......

I agree with you on the teen thing. A car can easily be turned into a bomb if the gas tank can be accessed. Anyone sick enough to kill & dump a child like that wouldn't be starting little wimpy fires. It could have been much worse IMO

My AP (advanced placement) English teachers would be so proud of this sentence structure. This is why you shouldn't post while taking a conference call.

:floorlaugh:

There was a request for a map ... more than happy to help. It might interesting to see the ages of the victims as well.

Thank you! I was looking for something that listed their ages as well.

ITA.

Suspicious or being made to look suspicious.

Big time hink, why the car?

Question: Was the car ever taken in on a warrant?

Pretty damn specific thing to torch, and I don't like it one bit.

ITA.

Suspicious or being made to look suspicious.

Big time hink, why the car?

Question: Was the car ever taken in on a warrant?

Pretty damn specific thing to torch, and I don't like it one bit.

Well can we tell if the car is the target of the fire or if the garage is the target of the fire and it spread from one to the other? Surely FD can figure it out, but I'm wondering if it wasn't actually the HOME that was meant to be on fire. Sigh...... so sad :(

WFAA just broadcast confirmation that it was KG's car. LG gave first interviews on tv to WFAA & KDFW, should be available on websites shortly

This is a bizzare addition to this case. Its possible that there are people who are unhappy with the Gallagher's living situation and these fires (maybe even Alanna too)are a result of someone's twisted sense of "punishment". Whether connected to Alanna or not someone is trying to send a message. This seems too drastic for a prank. IMO

LDhummingbird,
What kind of chores did MM assign to Alanna? Did her chores involve walking/carrying things down the street to neighbors' homes? (thanks in advance)

Edit: Change to Alanna

Car will blow as soon as fire hits the fuel line and runs to the tank.

The little fire at the teddy bear, seems like maybe they used lighter fluid as an accelerant, or something that didn't need a big pour spout. It is not huge, but I am sure that the Fire team knows whatever it was, I'm just speculating for our convo. It seems small at the house too considering, until you get where the car was and all the rubber and oil, fuel, etc... started to burn.

I'm thinking teen. But, I thought maybe a teen killed Alanna, or someone very out of practice.

Molotov cocktail comes to my mind for the fire under the car.

I didn't see a lot of response to this, but I definitely think you should follow up and bug LE about this. Sometimes mistakes are made and tips are ignored or overlooked. I would insist they take it seriously. Why was someone in your driveway at the wee hours of the morning? If your husband saw him go into a specific house, couldn't he be questioned as to what he was doing there? I think you should follow up until they take you seriously and show they are taking you seriously by at the very least talking to you about what you saw! JMO

I have reported a couple of crimes and LE has never contacted me again. So, I am not surprised there is no contact. No crime was committed, so what would be the reason to contact anyone?

If they are concerned, they can go to the home and ask or ask a neighbor they are comfortable with about the situation

The Ford Taurus was set on fire:

That is weird. If the fire starter was a vigilante or a stupid teen, why not set fire to the Gallagher's car that is usually seen parked on the street or closest to the street? There are usually three cars there. Walking up close to the house to set a fire would be more risky, IMO.

Hmm. Maybe there were only two cars and not three at the Gallaghers' home last night. Did one of the three parents move out of that home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx