GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure these cars have any connection at all. Considering the truck, the van were mentioned by LE but now seemingly abandoned. How would someone even get a body out of a compact car? You would have to get out, open the trunk, get the body out in the middle of the street? For what purpose?

I often carry my sleeping child (who likely weighs more the she did) from our compact car. Easily, actually...and I weigh maybe 100 pounds myself. She might not have been in the trunk. People carry any number of things in their car without others noticing, and she was likely covered :(

And? Why are you assuming neighbors aren't telling the truth? Do you have anybody saying otherwise?

MOO

Based on articles, pages and first person accounts from friends and family (some of who I know) I say this:

There are plenty of others who knew the family that have said otherwise because they actually know the family and their routines. These are people who have had Alanna and her siblings over for play dates and attended other activities with them. But of course, the media doesn't pay attention to that. They also didn't pay attention to the connection of the "neighbor" who created this speculation of the family routine was also the one who reportedly told her her friends weren't home and not to wait. To go and say maybe there was more they could have done in retrospect and twist it to make it look like it was the fault of the parents and over dramatize prior interactions was just a way to transfer guilt. Sensationalism is the #1 reason I chose not to pursue a journalism career. By the end of my BA program I was so disgusted with the way news organizations are ran that I decided to do something else. Thankfully my degree says Mass Communications instead of just Journalism. Only my transcripts show my concentration.

Strictly my opinion and observation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

<respectfully snipped by me>

I'm a bit behind in the thread, so maybe someone has asked already, but: Do you know when the hay was cut/baled, by any chance?

I believe they start cutting the hay in May, but it depends on the fields and can continue through September

I often carry my sleeping child (who likely weighs more the she did) from our compact car. Easily, actually...and I weigh maybe 100 pounds myself. She might not have been in the trunk. People carry any number of things in their car without others noticing, and she was likely covered :(

But the body was in a big tarp. Is somebody going to drive around with a body in a tarp sitting next to them on a seat?

If you don't think the cars have a connection then why do you think LE would put the photos out? Seems kind of dangerous to me since so many people think vigilante justice is okay.
As someone said earlier in the thread, maybe they are wanted to be talked to as witnesses since maybe they were in the area around the right time to witness something they don't even know is important.

MOO

I don't know. I am confused by what police is doing.

I know that I get impatient with the cases about kids, and every different agency in different parts of the country handle things differently, but.....

Skipping the missing child part (since we had a body before we had a missing child), 20 days ago a child was murdered. Do we usually have more information in an unsolved child homicide at 20 days?

It seems like there has only been the one reference to this being an isolated incident. If I were a local I would be starting to worry about letting my kids walk to school in a few weeks. Locals: Are people satisfied with the amount of information? Are the local papers keeping this on the front page? Do you normally get press conferences with an event like this or just statement releases?

I worry about this case starting to cool off already.

But the body was in a big tarp. Is somebody going to drive around with a body in a tarp sitting next to them on a seat?

A dead body would not be sitting up. There is a back set and front seats lay down. Yes, I would think someone could easily drive around with a body laying on the ground of the seats, or across the seats.

I wouldn't think a perp would leave a body in the road, but they did that. Nothing about this crime is typical, so a body laying on a seat doesn't seem impossible. Know what I mean?

A dead body would not be sitting up. There is a back set and front seats lay down. Yes, I would think someone coud easiy drive around with a body laying on the ground of the seats, or across the seats.

I wouldn't think a perp would leave a body in the road, but they did that. Nothing about this crime is typical, so a body laying on a seat doesn't seem impossible. Know what I mean?

Back seat would be exactly same issue as the trunk. Somebody would have to get out of the car and then get the body out either the trunk or back seat.
In fact it would likely take more time to get the body out of the back seat than a trunk.

I am wondering about the timeline after 6 PM.

LG starts looking for Alanna until???what time?

Not for very long they wouldn't, nor for very far.

BBM

If you don't think the cars have a connection then why do you think LE would put the photos out? Seems kind of dangerous to me since so many people think vigilante justice is okay.
As someone said earlier in the thread, maybe they are wanted to be talked to as witnesses since maybe they were in the area around the right time to witness something they don't even know is important.

MOO

My guess would be that they released the photos because those are cars they couldn't place. They likely went through all the cars of the day and placed which belonged to people who lived in the neighborhood. These two cars may be involved or they may have just been unlucky enough to be in the area and unaccounted for (not belonging to anyone in the neighborhood). It isn't really a "cut through" kind of neighborhood, iirc, so they probably do want to question the people driving. One or both could be involved. One or both could have just been coming to visit someone who wasn't home or any number of things.

Back seat would be exactly same issue as the trunk. Somebody would have to get out of the car and then get the body out either the trunk or back seat.
In fact it would likely take more time to get the body out of the back seat than a trunk.

Not so sure about that, really. I can get my son out of the car in a matter of less then 30 seconds. I don't know about the trunk, obviously. A 2 door would certainly take a bit more time. If she was very carefully placed there, that's a different story. That would take some time. Unfortunately, LE hasn't indicated either way. Are you leaning toward careful placement? I never thought about it until now.

I guess in my experience, I can remove children from my car very quickly. That's why it seems possible, to me.

My 6'4" DS folded down the backrest of the backseat in our car on a long drive to the beach so he could stretch out from behind the front seats well into the trunk.
Ahhhhh...memories :biggrin:

Not if there were 2 perps.

2 perps - one drives, one pushes the body out the passenger rear door.

2 perps could also explain the use of tape and a belt...:waitasec:

Maybe this will help with the car/tarp discussion: BBM

Owen Whiddon was riding his scooter when he spotted a gray tarp wrapped around what he suspected was a heap of trash wrapped tightly with a belt at Roundrock Drive and Cindy Lane. He alerted his mother, Katie Whiddon.
-------------------------
Owen tried to move it, but it was too heavy. He looked under the tarp and saw a little girl, her head covered with a bag. She was not fully clothed and her arms and legs appeared to be bound.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...th-of-young-girl-dumped-on-saginaw-street.ece

ETA: I am wondering why this would be "too heavy" for a 14 yr old. Alanna was not a large child- and just turned 6. She probably weighed 60 pounds at the most.

"The average 6-year-old is about 42 inches tall and weighs almost 50 pounds."

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-6-year-old-growing-up_10329817.bc

To me it never did need to be a truck. She was wrapped up. The perp could have just pushed her out the passenger side door. That's it and took off. Heartless.

Maybe this will help with the car/tarp discussion: BBM

Owen Whiddon was riding his scooter when he spotted a gray tarp wrapped around what he suspected was a heap of trash wrapped tightly with a belt at Roundrock Drive and Cindy Lane. He alerted his mother, Katie Whiddon.
-------------------------
Owen tried to move it, but it was too heavy. He looked under the tarp and saw a little girl, her head covered with a bag. She was not fully clothed and her arms and legs appeared to be bound.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...th-of-young-girl-dumped-on-saginaw-street.ece

ETA: I am wondering why this would be "too heavy" for a 14 yr old. Alanna was not a large child- and just turned 6. She probably weighed 60 pounds at the most.

"The average 6-year-old is about 42 inches tall and weighs almost 50 pounds."

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-6-year-old-growing-up_10329817.bc

Have you ever heard the term "dead weight"? Try and move say, a sleeping hog that doesn't want to be moved. It might only be 60lb but its a ton of hog if it's asleep or resisting.

Also, we don't know the size of the 14 year old. Some of them are still tiny especially a boy who hasn't quite reached puberty yet.

Have you ever heard the term "dead weight"? Try and move say, a sleeping hog that doesn't want to be moved. It might only be 60lb but its a ton of hog if it's asleep or resisting.

Also, we don't know the size of the 14 year old. Some of them are still tiny especially a boy who hasn't quite reached puberty yet.

It was just a thought that something else may be wrapped within the tarp; and thank god I have never had to move a sleeping hog

ETA: I have had to move all of my 4 boys many times when they were asleep; kind of like moving a sleeping hog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12