GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something. Has the family spoken?

It's linked back in this discussion. I think it was the grandfather who said they wanted him to live, so they can ask why.

ETA...oops look a few posts above. It was the grandmother.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I had to run an errand......

"The station reports investigators were at the Holder home several days after Alanna's body was found. Officers had reportedly confiscated several items believed to have been related to the case.

Alanna's grandmother, Linda McDaniel, told the station Tuesday morning that the family had been suspicious of Holder."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...r-texas-home-of-slain-6-year-old-report-says/

They took him to the hospital you go to if you have no insurance. Which is weird since he's in an affluent neighborhood. Maybe just best able to deal with head trauma at the time. I think he's dead. No updates on his condition in too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If you are talking about JPS, that hospital isn't just for the uninsured.
It is actually one of the best trauma/er facilities in Texas, if not the U.S.

The LEO was also taken there.

I tried to find info on that school a couple of weeks ago and no luck. I cannot figure out what it is. He had so few friends for a kid that age on FB

Even though it is silly, most hgh school kids have hundreds of "friends" on FB.

I sure wonder what his story is.

The guy who killed

Somer Thompson was a bit older, but he was the same type. Smoking pot and playing video games. That killer was into child *advertiser censored* as well. I wonder if Tyler has abused other children?

This is the exact problem with stranger danger and children.

First of all, children do not have the cognitive skills to put people into categories. We as adults don't always do so well either.

He was in the neighborhood and likely seen by her often and maybe even chatted.

He was a teen. Kids love teens, although he looks pretty scary, doesn't he?

He did not come out of a vaccum. I wonder if we will ever hear his story

Hi Human. I looked at the school listed too just now.

As of right now I'm thinking that he attended a private school in North Hills. (North Richland Hills which is about 30ish miles from Denton TX but those areas up there are contiguous because they all share borders and you don't really pay attention when you drive from one area to another...KWIM? North Richland Hills or North Hills is about 11 miles or so from Saginaw according to google maps).

I did a quick search and there is a good amount of private schools listed for that area so there isn't a way to determine which one he went to at this time. Or at least I can't.

I used to live down in Central TX and when I drove back East to see family I always thought to myself---good grief Dallas is like the NYC of the South West. It is huge...kind of like driving in NYC and driving between the boroughs. Just the way I saw it in my mind. The traffic isn't as bad as NYC though! Just sharing my thoughts.

Yes, you're right. JPS is a trauma hospital, and they definitely take insurance!

Bad timing for WS to go DOWN!!!!

3 shots fired at 8:45 a.m. while officer was serving arrest warrant

Scenes indicate it is the neighbour LE took the paperbag from weeks ago

Confirmed the 17 year old is Tyler

Is this the same teenager that mows lawns?

Yes.

The kid giving Google Map car the finger.

Here he is, he has been named as the main suspect:

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.holder.908?fref=ts

Wow. I missed all of that. I guess that's because we weren;t allowed to talk about him as a suspect but you guys are good putting all of that together.

Crazy. It's almost like he knew they were coming for him.

Oh, he knew. Once they took his DNA.

Ugh. I did not know that about the Google car.

What is going on with these young men? Austin Sigg, now this loser. What's happening to them to turn them to this?!?

I don't know. That is one demographic I never suspect due to the age. But these cases are changing my mind. The monster who killed Sierra was only 18 when he started prowling for victims. Scary stuff. My instinct would be they are not fully formed yet so even if they have the capability, it would start off with very sloppy and half-hearted assaults that evolve over time. Instead, these teens are going straight to murder or attempted murder.

Here's the video of him a few weeks ago when LE spent 30 minutes there and and left with an evidence bag

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Saginaw-Child-Found-in-Tarp-Identified-214189511.html

Thank you for that. Bumping in case anyone didn't see it.

So now I'm VERY curious as to what led them to his home to take samples. As far as I can remember, his home and the Gallaghers' home were the only ones searched in any capacity. Something had to tie him to the murder very early on.

Proximity? Odd behavior? Couldn't say where he had been? Suspicions of neighbors? A tip?

Any WSers wanting the rewind on the 911 calls this morning, and dispatch rewind, Pferrin has kindly transcribed them in the Scanner Thread in the basement, thank-you, Pferrin!

Remember, what is said in the basement, stays in the basement. ;-)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214312&page=45

Bumping so I can bookmark this.

Gar..

Arezow Doost ‏@ArezowDoost 1m Neighbor says suspect in Alanna Gallagher's murder went to her memorial two weeks ago. She says he was wearing tshirt that said "wanted."

That's beyond the pale. This is one sicko.

I didn't say anything about character, I was just saying I think they are going to turn out to be different in other ways, other than both being teen psychopaths. (I understand why people get defensive when anyone describes a murderer as 'intelligent', but it's a legitimate data point.)

No, you are right on target. The killing of Alanna fit the profile of a disorganized murder (I posted a lot about the difference, earlier). Disorganized killers are usually low intelligence, unlike organized killers. I think Sigg was mixed due to his age but on his way to some very organized, serial murders. Thank God he was caught.

The intelligence level of a killer is supremely important because detectives can analyze a crime scene and narrow who is more likely to be suspect based on those patterns.

I thought pot made people mellow?!?

Yes but it doesn;t change someone's evil heart! And some people become immune to it's effects. More commonly, people who use it a lot can become very irritable and angry when they don;t have any.

Confusing that LE searched the Gallagher home with a fine-toothed comb but only one evidence bag was obtained from the suspect's house. Did LE have no legal cause to search TH's home the same way (until the dna match)? And/or is it possible TH had access (was inside) the Gallagher home??

DNA sample!!!

I don't think we ever had confirmation of sexual assault. (And I say that as someone who has been on the family's side since early on.)

Sexual assault was clear to me due to her state of undress. But abduction was not. Just because a body is found does not mean the victim was abducted in a classic abduction. Alanna could have been killed in her home and then transported. So the stats on abduction meant nothing to me until we could prove she was actually abducted. Now I know.

I know this is the 3rd time I've said this, but for the love, why not clear the family when they has this guy in their sights the whole time? Leaving the most statistically likely people open as suspects makes it hard for people to look past. I kept thinking it felt like a kid, too much Austin Sigg like, but the family not being cleared bugged me and I kept circling back to them.

I do not think the family's lifestyle had anything to do with this as has been suggested repeatedly, possibly the lax parenting style made Alanna an easy target but I have a feeling this sicko was bored and would have preyed in any small child he came across.

Maybe they didn't clear them because they wanted to keep the suspect from realizing they were closing in. The "isolated" comment is what gets me though. That narrowed my scope for sure and it serves to make a community less guarded but a creep like this is super dangerous and surely would have killed again, IMO.

Count me in, too.

Well, the lesson for me is not that the parents didn't do it - as many of you know, they were high on my suspect list and I think that was logical, due to stats, statements by LE, the obvious focus of LE, and statements by two neighbors, among other things, and I will continue to use logic when analyzing these cases - but the big lesson for me is I pretty much always count out teens. It is really shocking to me that teenagers are capable of abduction/murders like this, of little children, for sexual purposes. I have to reevaluate my understanding of sexual predators and age and do more research.

My thoughts about who was likely to have done this changed recently when there wasn't an immediate arrest because if it was family they would have been so much evidence linking them. But I was certain LE was working it hard. And I am so thankful they got their perp. I just never thought it would be a "kid".

I can't help comparing the monster next door to the beautiful boy, his same age, just around the corner, really, who will be irrevocably affected by the discovery of Alanna's little body. I want to balance the thought of such evil and cruelty with the tragedy and beauty of a kid who has the capacity to drop to his knees and cry at the sight of a dead baby. We still have hope in this world, friends.

susanschrock ‏@susanschrock 3m @ArlingtonChief reports that officer shot while serving warrant in Alanna Gallagher murder case is out of surgery.

https://twitter.com/susanschrock

susanschrock ‏@susanschrock 55s Video: FBI statement on officer who was shot serving warrant in the Alanna Gallagher murder case in Saginaw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2tnLsxGXgA&feature=youtu.be …

In the video, it is stated that the FBI Safe Streets Task Force, SPD and North Texas MCIS were serving the warrant.

He also shot a cop...so if he lives, he has that to face as well.

Oh right Cluc. Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully they run them consecutive. But I think this discussion is for naught. I don't think he's alive.

ETA Probably an arson charge as well? Right? So if he lives, he'll be in prison from now on or just about !

I can't help thinking about how Alanna's family are doing right now. It would be an answer possibly to who murdered her but how their hearts must just be breaking right now. Too sad. Prayers for all of them.

I keep wondering if she knew he was weird and didn't know how to deal with it well. If she was on a roller coaster of a ride through life with him and knew he was a loaded cannon but then he'd come to a point of what she considered doing better and would relax again.

I want to know about that school! Where I live there are multiple schools that are listed as private, but some are private because you have to have been in trouble to be placed there, others are Christian based, and others are elite private schools. I'm thinking this one is a private school for troubled teens.

MOO

I don't know about that school in particular but no one would drive Saginaw to Irving and back every day unless they had too. It would take more than an hour each way with traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I believe LEO is @ Harris Methodist Fort Worth. Holder is @ JPS. In my experience, it's not uncommon to take them different places.....(would you want those families in the same ER, cafeteria, etc)?

Was Alanna's family home when this all went down?

Apologies if this has already been posted, I had to run an errand......

"The station reports investigators were at the Holder home several days after Alanna's body was found. Officers had reportedly confiscated several items believed to have been related to the case.

Alanna's grandmother, Linda McDaniel, told the station Tuesday morning that the family had been suspicious of Holder."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...r-texas-home-of-slain-6-year-old-report-says/

Police took items the first time. He mist have known he was going down for days. Did he think he was too clever or was he going to have a shoot out and win or was this suicide by cop?

No idea if there is a map for this case, I am only on the 5th thread. I can't seem to catch up. I am drawn to this sweet girl, as she is the same age as my daughter.

Here is the map that I have on this case, updated with the most recent location.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...0&ll=32.8684,-97.385752&spn=0.003861,0.004823

Incidentally, if you go to street view on the map and look at the suspect's house, there is a white car in the driveway with 2 individuals. The drive is waving and the passenger has the door open giving the Google guys the finger. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx