TX - Alexander Maxon, 1, drowned in hot tub, Mansfield, 30 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it has been a long time coming and I don't care what gender the other parent is or is not. If either one of them know there were mental issues making it dangerous for anyone around them then the one knowing it needs to be charged.

And also I am so glad to see lately the door cracking open a little wider on these mothers who allow their children to be abused horrifically by her SO and do nothing to stop it and so many of these cases result in murders and exposing extensive physical abuse with broken bones not even treated.

We have got to start giving these babies equal protection and when that has failed ....then BOTH parents in the children's presence must be held FULLY accountable in our justice system. If not it will be like we have seen in the past where the child was denied full justice. I hate it when a case involves abuse or murder of a child and the first thing that the DA does is let the other parent or S.O. rollover on the other defendant and they aren't tried or they are given such short shameful sentences just because the Prosecutor is willing to do that in order to get them to testify. Some of these co-defendants didn't even serve time or got such a short time it was almost non-existent and THEY TOO participated in the gross, depraved abuse that many times results in death of the children. It makes no sense.......it never has imo.

Imo it is like rewarding the other aware parent for illegal bad behavior. I hope I continue to see more cases where both parents are held to the same standard and if mental issues were known by the male or female and was ignored then the one who ignored the warning signs should be charged for that as well.

imo
I say amen, too!

I think it has been a long time coming and I don't care what gender the other parent is or is not. If either one of them know there were mental issues making it dangerous for anyone around them then the one knowing it needs to be charged.

And also I am so glad to see lately the door cracking open a little wider on these mothers who allow their children to be abused horrifically by her SO and do nothing to stop it and so many of these cases result in murders and exposing extensive physical abuse with broken bones not even treated.

We have got to start giving these babies equal protection and when that has failed ....then BOTH parents in the children's presence must be held FULLY accountable in our justice system. If not it will be like we have seen in the past where the child was denied full justice. I hate it when a case involves abuse or murder of a child and the first thing that the DA does is let the other parent or S.O. rollover on the other defendant and they aren't tried or they are given such short shameful sentences just because the Prosecutor is willing to do that in order to get them to testify. Some of these co-defendants didn't even serve time or got such a short time it was almost non-existent and THEY TOO participated in the gross, depraved abuse that many times results in death of the children. It makes no sense.......it never has imo.

Imo it is like rewarding the other aware parent for illegal bad behavior. I hope I continue to see more cases where both parents are held to the same standard and if mental issues were known by the male or female and was ignored then the one who ignored the warning signs should be charged for that as well.

imo

I say Amen too !!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

Amen to that!

Standing by and letting it happen is enabling these children to die.

In total agreement with you guys. For too long one parent has stood by while a SO abused a child and lately we have heard of men playing 'stupid' when their mentally ill spouse murders the kids. That has too stop as well.

While I suffered from PPD, my husband manned up and made sure things were taken care of even though our income suffered. I think a lot of them are afraid of losing face in their social circles due to loss of income. I wish more men were like my DH.

Freaky is one word for it Glitch, another few choice words are manipulative & intentionally abusive to both his mentally ill wife and their child.

While the entire situation is tragic, I too am happy to see the legal system stepping up to hold both parents responsible. I also suffered PPD after my 2nd child (not the first) and while I assured my husband I would absolutely never harm her, but did share my thoughts with him...he was nothing but supportive...checked on me throughout every single day for months and generously gave of his free time to give me a chance to exercise and get out of the house whenever i needed it. Men are completely capable of providing care for a child. It is their responsibility as well.

Freaky is one word for it Glitch, another few choice words are manipulative & intentionally abusive to both his mentally ill wife and their child.

I wonder if he meant for her to commit suicide, but didn't think she'd harm her child. We'll never know, but what a horrific backfire.

It sounded to me like he not only knew she was unstable, he played a large part in making her that way.

Those tapes are going to be echoing in jurors' ears.

Finally, finally, finally, I hope Rusty Yates is sleeping a little less soundly these days, but I doubt it.

I'd like to hope that this story makes Rusty uneasy, but I doubt it. :furious: In his mind, he did nothing wrong. :furious:

This is a sad case. Those "therapy tapes" sound very sinister. Sounds like he was trying to get her to kill the child and herself. :furious:

You really need to read the story of this. I think this will start happening more & more. Mansfield is pretty much considered the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Im really suprised theres not more news stories on this case.

http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1934006.html

Despite warnings that Valeria Maxon was psychotic and should not be left alone with the child, Maxon did just that for about 1  1/2 hours on June 30, 2006.

Good! He should be found guilty! I feel the same way about Rusty Yates...

These "men" knew that there was something wrong and that their wives were not mentally stable, but they chose to ignore that.

I have a question, though: If doctors (of all kinds) are mandated reporters, then why did none of the doctors that ever examined these woman take the time to report their findings to CPS? I know that they hadn't done any physical damage to their children before the murders, but it seems like repeatedly threatening to kill your child would be enough to make people take a closer look...

I mean, if I was running around telling some random person on the street that they were the anti-Christ and, therefor, I needed to kill them... You can bet I would have ended up in some sort of custody. So, why are we giving these parents a wider berth than we would some random person on the street?

Good! He should be found guilty! I feel the same way about Rusty Yates...

snipped by me. ITA. terrible tragedy and another poor mom who is gonna get help now that it's too late to avert a tragedy and suffer terrible guilt forever.

For some reason the article gave me the feeling she may have been a "mail order bride", which means she probably was totally dependent on her husband and may have had limited English skills. It is shameful that he didn't seek to get her prenatal care or even make sure she was attended to by professionals while giving birth. I am guessing he may not have been a winner before all this happened if he had to potentially "buy" a bride from Europe.

I too feel that he is responsible for the death of their child. He knew that his wife had psychological problems and was not to be left alone with the child yet he did just that. Why did he keep checking her out of mental facilities after just a few days instead of leaving her there to receive the treatment she so desperately needed? Who took care of the child when she was in the hospital? Did he do it or did he hire someone else to look after the child, or call on family members for help?

It is hard to determine what he was thinking when he left them alone together. Did he think that everything would be alright? Or perhaps he was tired of dealing with a mentally impaired wife and developmentally delayed child, and left knowing what would happen? Was that his way out of the situation, while thinking he would be found blameless? Sure makes me wonder???? :waitasec:

North Texas Man Convicted of Leaving Baby With Psychotic Mother

A North Texas man was convicted of leaving his 1-year-old son alone with his psychotic wife who drowned the boy in their hot tub.

It took jurors about 30 minutes Friday to decide Michael Maxon intentionally abandoned his son when he left their Mansfield house to run errands in 2006.

Doctors and relatives had apparently warned Maxon not to leave the infant alone with his wife because of her delusions.

Maxon now faces from two to 20 years in prison.

http://www.centraltexasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11908440

Mansfield man gets 10 years in prison for leaving son with mentally ill wife

02:39 PM CDT on Thursday, April 1, 2010

In an unprecedented decision, a Tarrant County judge sentenced a Mansfield man to 10 years in prison Thursday for leaving his psychotic wife alone with the couple's infant son, which led to the boy’s death.
Valeria Maxon was later ruled insane and sent to a state mental institution. Prosecutors say Maxon's case marks the first known legal punishment of a father in connection with a child's murder by a psychotic mother.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ories/040210dnmetmaxonsentence.2062fa08d.html

I hope this sends a message that children need to be protected & not taken for granted!

Mansfield man gets 10 years in prison for leaving son with mentally ill wife

02:39 PM CDT on Thursday, April 1, 2010

In an unprecedented decision, a Tarrant County judge sentenced a Mansfield man to 10 years in prison Thursday for leaving his psychotic wife alone with the couple's infant son, which led to the boy’s death.
Valeria Maxon was later ruled insane and sent to a state mental institution. Prosecutors say Maxon's case marks the first known legal punishment of a father in connection with a child's murder by a psychotic mother.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ories/040210dnmetmaxonsentence.2062fa08d.html

I hope this sends a message that children need to be protected & not taken for granted!

Wow! Wow wow wow!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13