TX - Alexander Maxon, 1, drowned in hot tub, Mansfield, 30 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he was warned that he should not have left the baby with her, then he deserves to be punished. I cannot imagine leaving my child with someone who I've been warned has mental health issues and could be dangerous. Doesn't matter if I know the person or not.

He was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Btw, she was found not guilty by reason of insanity.

North Texas Man Convicted of Leaving Baby With Psychotic Mother

A North Texas man was convicted of leaving his 1-year-old son alone with his psychotic wife who drowned the boy in their hot tub.

It took jurors about 30 minutes Friday to decide Michael Maxon intentionally abandoned his son when he left their Mansfield house to run errands in 2006.

Doctors and relatives had apparently warned Maxon not to leave the infant alone with his wife because of her delusions.

Maxon now faces from two to 20 years in prison.

http://www.centraltexasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=11908440

I wish they'd thought of this with Randy Yates.

All I can say is IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!Randy Yates should have been jailed.Now if they would charged mothers when they leave their children with their latest boyfriend and something happens to the child ,just maybe it will stop happening on a daily basis.

Mansfield man gets 10 years in prison for leaving son with mentally ill wife

Snipped

I have to say that I totally applaud this decision. I also have to wonder why she (mom) was around baby at all. If I was told that my husband was mentally ill, and may harm my child, he would not be near the baby, whether I was home or not!

Slain child's dad knew wife wasn't stable, Mansfield police say

By EVA-MARIE AYALA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

May. 01, 2008

MANSFIELD -- Michael Maxon was warned by mental health professionals not to leave his wife alone with their son in the weeks before the 1-year-old's death, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday.

Maxon was arrested last week on suspicion of abandoning a child in the June 2006 death. A judge is expected to begin hearing testimony today in the capital murder trial of his wife, Valeria Maxon. She is accused of drowning the boy, Alex, in the family's hot tub at their Walnut Creek Estates home in Mansfield.

Valeria Maxon, 33, had been hospitalized several times and attempted suicide at least once, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

According to the document, Michael Maxon recorded messages on a cassette tape and had his wife listen to it when she was depressed. He told police it was a form of treatment, the affidavit states.

"I'm a mother," he is heard saying on the tape, according to the affidavit. "It's all my fault."

"Life is so deliciously miserable."

"Our son is riding on the short bus."

Oh my! If the above is true, I wish he had recieved the full 20 years.:banghead:

Slain child's dad knew wife wasn't stable, Mansfield police say

By EVA-MARIE AYALA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

May. 01, 2008

MANSFIELD -- Michael Maxon was warned by mental health professionals not to leave his wife alone with their son in the weeks before the 1-year-old's death, according to an arrest warrant affidavit released Wednesday.

Maxon was arrested last week on suspicion of abandoning a child in the June 2006 death. A judge is expected to begin hearing testimony today in the capital murder trial of his wife, Valeria Maxon. She is accused of drowning the boy, Alex, in the family's hot tub at their Walnut Creek Estates home in Mansfield.

Valeria Maxon, 33, had been hospitalized several times and attempted suicide at least once, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

According to the document, Michael Maxon recorded messages on a cassette tape and had his wife listen to it when she was depressed. He told police it was a form of treatment, the affidavit states.

"I'm a mother," he is heard saying on the tape, according to the affidavit. "It's all my fault."

Wow, sounds to me like he was TRYING to drive her over the edge with statements like those. Perhaps he was hoping that she would commit suicide but instead she killed their little boy. So sad. JMO

I am always amazed at the cruel things that human beings will do to each other. No wonder this woman is a nut. So very glad he was prosecuted.

I always felt that the hubby of Andrea Yates in texas who drowned her kids was also responsible for letting her at home alone with them.

This guy sounds even worse...the "tapes" sound like he was trying to drive her to do this.

"short bus"... maybe the baby had some developmental problems and the father did not want to be saddled with a mentally ill wife and a baby with problems??? I am glad to see the state step up here

now let's hope they will do the same for "bio moms" who choose felonious "men" to be their mates...too many kids killed by "step" dads and "boyfriends"...

people need to have some accountability and responsibility

I always felt that the hubby of Andrea Yates in texas who drowned her kids was also responsible for letting her at home alone with them.

This guy sounds even worse...the "tapes" sound like he was trying to drive her to do this.

I couldn't agree more. That man knew what his wife's mental state was and he knew she was completely overwhelmed with homeschooling and caring for so many children. Yet, he continued to insist that she keep having them and left her with inadequate help. She was pulling out her hair, for heaven's sake! She was having clearly psychotic episodes. It just toasts me that he was not held responsible in any way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back