TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right!!!!! I will get them to add her. Tank you so much. I've neve seen this site before!!!!

this was recently announced and I am so happy, however, disappointed Ali is once again getting the shaft! :furious:

I did not vote to re-elect Adrian Garcia as I feel he has not done all that can be done for our Ali, and other missing persons. Needless to say, he got re-elected. (I was even thinking of running against him ... j/k)

I was surprised to hear of this new website only days before the election and was wondering if it was coincidence or what .... jmo

Anyways, I am thankful for the new website ... they just need to get the word out.

Harris County Sherriff's have a new site for missing persons, but I don't see Ali on it.

http://hcso.beenmissing.org/MostRecents.aspx

I am not impressed with the website and a lot of effort certainly has not gone into it. There's little information about the victim - location last seen, vehicles, clothing, work, etc.

Oh well, better than nothing I guess ... I am just tired of the lack of interest and seriousness of missing person cases. There are criminals out there harming our loved ones. jmo

I contacted the detectives last night. They are going to request Ali be added to this new site.

Infuriates me that missing under the age of 18 are listed as runaways!!! HMMMM....

:banghead:

Infuriates me that missing under the age of 18 are listed as runaways!!! HMMMM....

:banghead:

Hopefully with it being new, they add to it and correct those things that need correcting. I think it's a good thing that just needs some support and some attention given to it.

ETA - Meant the website is a good thing....not that they list all as runaways.

Hopefully with it being new, they add to it and correct those things that need correcting. I think it's a good thing that just needs some support and some attention given to it.

ETA - Meant the website is a good thing....not that they list all as runaways.
You should see the Pct. 4 post of Ali that one of my friends came acrross today!!!!

I hope it's just my computer, but I can't even pull up the picture. I get a picture for some of the others, but some are blank, like they're not loading for some reason. Both work and home computers.

The links are bad so it is not just you. Could be something as simple as the coding but it should be brought to their attention.

The links are bad so it is not just you. Could be something as simple as the coding but it should be brought to their attention.
I've been calling for two days now. Either the right person is not in or I get a voice mail!!!! UGH

I've been calling for two days now. Either the right person is not in or I get a voice mail!!!! UGH

Well for heaven sakes. Utterly ridiculous. Would you happen to have email addies for local media and/or twitter accounts?

If you do could you post them.

Maybe if they hear from a variety of people they might be able to get it right. As if you don't have enough on your plate at this time.

Never know, it might get some media attention on the case again.

Sad to say I've gotten used to doing allot of things myself. Second nature now. But it's still hard.

Mrs. Lowitzer,
I feel extremely inadequate, very humbled to direct a post to you, John, your family. The moments of your days...are very different from mine. Although we, as mothers may feel equal thoughts, emotions, feelings...I have never walked in your shoes. Sweet Ali.

“Pain and suffering have come into your life, but remember pain, sorrow, suffering are but the kiss of Jesus - a sign that you have come so close to Him that He can kiss you.”

― Mother Teresa

I spent most of this day, reading Ali's thread, her website...cried within, for the years of agony you've experienced. I offer nothing other, this cool November evening, than an extended hand across this computer screen...a willing heart to walk with you...til Ali's story is complete.

If these words find comfort...then Ms. Mickey Shunick's light shines forward!

Ok I have put a few twitter and email contacts here. The first is for the page that the links are broken.

If you scan through the tweets, you will see a number of news links with contact information usually under the contact us at the bottom of the page.

If anyone has a bit of time to tweet/email, hopefully they will at least get the links fixed and may drum up some media attention. If nothing else maybe the media will get after them to fix the links :angel:

Twitter
@pct4constable

https://twitter.com/pct4constable

http://www.cd4.co.harris.tx.us/missing_persons.php

Sheriff Email and Phone number

Harris County Sheriff's Office | 1200 Baker ST., Houston, TX 77002 | 713-221-6000

sheriff.garcia@hctx.net

Some news outlets

Cynthia Cisneros
Vice President Community Affairs
713 663 4579
Cynthia.Cisneros@abc.com

Breaking news
Call: 713-362-7491
Email: news@chron.com

City desk
Call: 713-362-7491
Email: citydesk@chron.com