TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find my 'Ali'...struggled for a good bit...then, understood the move on this site...cried awhile for the unfortunate circumstance of 'missing but unforgotten'. Do know, Mrs. Lowitzer, I felt this. I have attached this young child of yours, Mrs. jlowitzer, to my heart and everyday prayer. Tis the season...I am busy...but I will try my dat gummest to keep your sweet Ali 'unforgotten' here.

Is there any idea if Ali's case will be spotlighted?

Katie Couric
“Vanished With John Walsh” AIRING ON DECEMBER 3, 2012
Vanished: Gone Without A Trace

tomorrow at 3PM EST - There is a link to locate a station near you..

She will not have the spotlight but they tell me her picture will be shown with allots of others that also need the attention.

I'll facebook my contacts to see if she can be mentioned as a lead to the show ;)

I will be at work while this aires. Does anyone know if it will be on the web after?

I wish I knew or how to record and post it somewhere for you. If I learn of a way, I will do so.

http://www.katiecouric.com/on-the-show/2012/12/03/vanished-gone-without-a-trace/
video preview of today's show.

Let's Talk
How have you been affected by missing persons cases?
In this country there are at least 85,000 active missing persons cases, and 37,000 of them children under the age of 18. Today, I’m joined by three families who are looking for their missing children and any clues or leads that will help bring them home safely. America’s Most Wanted host John Walsh joins to talk about his own experience — and how it eventually lead to the successful capture of more than 1,200 criminals. This is a difficult episode for any parent and I know we’ve all been affected by these cases in some way. Whether hearing about them on the news, helping a family in your community search for their loved one, or worse. Share your experiences with me.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION

http://www.katiecouric.com/lets-talk/how-have-you-been-affected-by-missing-persons-cases/
http://www.facebook.com/katieshow facebook discussion link

From Katie's site, this is a post:

Have You Seen Me?

I could not imagine not knowing where my child was. If you have a missing child, loved one, friend, whatever, please feel free to post their information on the facebook page I created for missing people. It's called "Have You Seen Me?" and you can find it at www.facebook.com/haveyouseenme579.

I have spent hours today researching Ali's case and reading this thread (I'm down with the flu right now so it's a good way to occupy my time, while I'm quarantined from the rest of my family.) I joined webslueths while following Mickey's case - I don't live far from Lafayette. All that being said, I do feel as though Ali's case- as well as several others- are tied to BSL and while he is locked away from society, these girls deserve to be found- their families deserve answers.

First and foremost, my heartfelt condolences to jlowitzer. I cannot begin to even imagine your pain. Your daughter's light shines through her gorgeous eyes in all of her pictures.. may the memories you have help you through this holiday season. <3

Secondly, my only question is why wasn't the siting of the white truck prevalent in the early days of the investigation? When a teenage girl is spotted being followed and talked to by a man in a truck, then vanishes into thin air- how is the term "run away" even discussed? That is so unbelievably frustrating. I haven't seen any reports of the white truck prior to the Mickey case. Was this information ever released? Did I miss something?

I just feel this entire case was botched from the very beginning. Its horribly sad.

Someone or something has to get BSL to talk. There has to be something they can use to bargain with him. I've actually considered writing him myself, under the guise of befriending him, to see if in time he would open up to someone seemingly on his side- My husband has ties to Angola however, and the prisioners there- and has strongly advised me stay out of it. I have heeded his warning- so far.

Cases like this break my heart. What can be done to make a monster talk??? What bargaining chips can be put on the table at this point? The amount of evidence they had in Mickey's case was insurmountable, even without her remains. If BSL is responsible for Ali's disappearance, and I strongly feel that he is, there has to be evidence out there. It will be harder to track, given the amount of time that has passed- but it's there. It's time to give this girl the attention she deserves.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I have spent hours today researching Ali's case and reading this thread (I'm down with the flu right now so it's a good way to occupy my time, while I'm quarantined from the rest of my family.) I joined webslueths while following Mickey's case - I don't live far from Lafayette. All that being said, I do feel as though Ali's case- as well as several others- are tied to BSL and while he is locked away from society, these girls deserve to be found- their families deserve answers.

First and foremost, my heartfelt condolences to jlowitzer. I cannot begin to even imagine your pain. Your daughter's light shines through her gorgeous eyes in all of her pictures.. may the memories you have help you through this holiday season. <3

Secondly, my only question is why wasn't the siting of the white truck prevalent in the early days of the investigation? When a teenage girl is spotted being followed and talked to by a man in a truck, then vanishes into thin air- how is the term "run away" even discussed? That is so unbelievably frustrating. I haven't seen any reports of the white truck prior to the Mickey case. Was this information ever released? Did I miss something?

I just feel this entire case was botched from the very beginning. Its horribly sad.

Someone or something has to get BSL to talk. There has to be something they can use to bargain with him. I've actually considered writing him myself, under the guise of befriending him, to see if in time he would open up to someone seemingly on his side- My husband has ties to Angola however, and the prisioners there- and has strongly advised me stay out of it. I have heeded his warning- so far.

Cases like this break my heart. What can be done to make a monster talk??? What bargaining chips can be put on the table at this point? The amount of evidence they had in Mickey's case was insurmountable, even without her remains. If BSL is responsible for Ali's disappearance, and I strongly feel that he is, there has to be evidence out there. It will be harder to track, given the amount of time that has passed- but it's there. It's time to give this girl the attention she deserves.

As in Mickey's case, take the DP off the table. With the truck and partial plate, they may have enough to convince him that if he doesn't cooperate, they will bring charges and will seek the DP. If he does cooperate, they'll take the DP off the table. Might be easier to do than it was in Mickey's case because you have a chance of convincing him he's already in prison for life anyways, so adding another life term in Texas really isn't costing him anything and in return he's avoiding the DP. Have got to present the evidence though to convince him that there is enough there to go after him.

As in Mickey's case, take the DP off the table. With the truck and partial plate, they may have enough to convince him that if he doesn't cooperate, they will bring charges and will seek the DP. If he does cooperate, they'll take the DP off the table. Might be easier to do than it was in Mickey's case because you have a chance of convincing him he's already in prison for life anyways, so adding another life term in Texas really isn't costing him anything and in return he's avoiding the DP. Have got to present the evidence though to convince him that there is enough there to go after him.

Has there ever been a case where a convicted killer serving a life sentence w/o the chance of parole has been offered immunity to come clean on everything he or she has done? I think most, if not all, of the families involved would agree to this- simply to have answers, but I don't even know that its a possibility.

Has there ever been a case where a convicted killer serving a life sentence w/o the chance of parole has been offered immunity to come clean on everything he or she has done? I think most, if not all, of the families involved would agree to this- simply to have answers, but I don't even know that its a possibility.

I don't know how typical it is, but it has been done. It is all up to LE, particularly the DA's office. If they want to, I'm not aware of anything that would stop them. As long as life WITHOUT parole in Louisiana means life WITHOUT parole and there's no chance of him getting out on the Shunick case, I wouldn't be opposed to it personally.

JLowitzer -
I am wondering-
Does your gut/mother's intuition tell you BSL was involved?

Thinking about Ali and the Lowitzer family during this holiday season ...

WOW. Just sayin. WOW.

I don't mean to be offensive or upset anyone by asking & I understand if Ali's mom doesn't want to respond. I just ask because I don't have kids but put a lot of stock into mother's intuition because my mom just seemed to "know" things or feel things about her kids (and still does).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3