TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, 16, Spring, 26 April 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It hurts my heart so bad that this case has not gotten more attention, I first hearf of this case from Mickey's thread. I have a 16 year old daughter and I dont know that I could be as strong as these parents are.Even if BL is not connected to Ali I pray that this will bring renewed intrest in her case and spark a fire under LE's a??!!!!

IMO, this seems like very promising information about what may have happened and the first real clue I have heard about in this case. If it turns out to be true, I feel so awful for the family and for Ali. At this point, any information is better than no information though, right?

I had not previously heard anything about a white truck being mentioned on the tip line. If this info had been made public, I have no doubt that some sleuthers here would have made some connection due to the prominent role white trucks have played in recent cases.

So what is the actual plate number on his white truck that he burned? Does it start with an X and have o's or zeros in it?

So what is the actual plate number on his white truck that he burned? Does it start with an X and have o's or zeros in it?

I could be absolutely wrong about it but my understanding is that the truck with plates that match is not the one that was burned but is a previous truck he owned, and his ownership of that previous truck coincides with the time that Ali went missing. I would have to double check but that is my understanding from my first reading.

"Low and behold, on that hunch, I pulled all the information from the Louisiana DMV on vehicle's Lavergne owned and has owned," said Sanford. "And at the time Ali went missing, he owned a white, GMC 2005 extended cab truck with the same digits that were mentioned in the tip line."

http://www.klfy.com/story/19289684/texas-cold-case-may-have-links-to-brandon-scott-lavergne

The truck he burned following Mickey Shunick's murder was a newer model.

The truck with matching partial plates was a previous truck BSL owned. The fact these tips were given days following her disappearance, way before anyone knew of BSL, and that the truck descriptions match and the partial plate descriptions match, lead me to believe BSL was likely involved. Of course I could be wrong but what are the odds. Prayers to all family and friends.

"Low and behold, on that hunch, I pulled all the information from the Louisiana DMV on vehicle's Lavergne owned and has owned," said Sanford. "And at the time Ali went missing, he owned a white, GMC 2005 extended cab truck with the same digits that were mentioned in the tip line."

It seems to be BSL's MO to go in different jurisdictions. This is a perfect example (if he took Ali) of why he does it. How do we stop this from working in the monsters' favor?!

JoAnn has been very vocal with the media and utilized its assistance each time she was afforded the opportunity to get the word out about her missing daughter. LE has asked her to refrain from speaking to the media about the latest developments "BSL" ... this scares the heck out of me. This is certainly the outcome I do not want to learn of for Ms. Ali. Prayers for the Lowitzer family as they await additional information, yet I remain hopeful.

the news article states that there were 2 witnesses that saw a white truck pulled up beside Ali as she was walking along side the road. Witness said truck was pulled up very close to hear and driver talked to her as if trying to coax her into the car. Witness thought it was strange enough to get partial plate and to turn around but by the time they returned Ali and the truck were gone. Why wasn't this truck info released before? And why weren't the surrounding states checked instead of just TX??

Exactly,why wasn't this made public???? so many missed opportunitys ......
There are at least two old cemeteries so close to where Ali disappeared,i wonder if they were searched?

I'm sure no mention was made at the time of any license numbers of any vehicles seen in the area. This would probably have been to keep someone who might have been engaged in perfectly innocent activities from becoming the focus of "vigilante-type" backlash. After checking the Texas DMV database for the numbers/letters they had (I recall reading in one of these articles that they didn't have a complete plate number), there wouldn't have been sufficient police resources to have checked every single other state for vehicles matching that description because, if you remember, Ali wasn't even listed as "missing" at that time -- just "runaway".

Yet ANOTHER reason WHY LE needs to send out only those officers with missing person experience -- or SOME KIND of advanced experience -- to take these types of reports!

We can now only speculate; however, I'm inclined to believe that, if they HAD, Ali might have been listed as "missing" from the get-go and a broader range of search activities would have been brought to bear right then. >:^\ One can't help but believe that even just a search of the SURROUNDING STATES would have brought Lavergne up on their radar (LA being the CLOSEST other state to the area where Ali came up missing).

All of this is now, most unfortunately, "water under the bridge" since it has now been confirmed that the D.A. took the death penalty off the table in exchange for the location of Mickey Shunick's body... There is still the possibility, however, that Lavergne could be EXTRADITED from LA to TX after his 2 (or "2 in 1") trial(s) in LA are done with and, while the prosecutor has promised not to seek the death penalty in LA for the murders of Pate and Shunick, IF he was extradited to TX afterwards and IF it was proven to a jury's satisfaction that he was INDEED responsible for Ali, the prosecutor in TEXAS has made no such promise in regards to the death penalty. I think we all know how the State of Texas views crimes like this and the criminals who perpetrate them AND how they handle these matters... So, if "if... if... IF..." DOES happen, we might see justice for Ali yet!

I'm sure no mention was made at the time of any license numbers of any vehicles seen in the area. This would probably have been to keep someone who might have been engaged in perfectly innocent activities from becoming the focus of "vigilante-type" backlash. After checking the Texas DMV database for the numbers/letters they had (I recall reading in one of these articles that they didn't have a complete plate number), there wouldn't have been sufficient police resources to have checked every single other state for vehicles matching that description because, if you remember, Ali wasn't even listed as "missing" at that time -- just "runaway".

Yet ANOTHER reason WHY LE needs to send out only those officers with missing person experience -- or SOME KIND of advanced experience -- to take these types of reports!

We can now only speculate; however, I'm inclined to believe that, if they HAD, Ali might have been listed as "missing" from the get-go and a broader range of search activities would have been brought to bear right then. >:^\ One can't help but believe that even just a search of the SURROUNDING STATES would have brought Lavergne up on their radar (LA being the CLOSEST other state to the area where Ali came up missing).

All of this is now, most unfortunately, "water under the bridge" since it has now been confirmed that the D.A. took the death penalty off the table in exchange for the location of Mickey Shunick's body... There is still the possibility, however, that Lavergne could be EXTRADITED from LA to TX after his 2 (or "2 in 1") trial(s) in LA are done with and, while the prosecutor has promised not to seek the death penalty in LA for the murders of Pate and Shunick, IF he was extradited to TX afterwards and IF it was proven to a jury's satisfaction that he was INDEED responsible for Ali, the prosecutor in TEXAS has made no such promise in regards to the death penalty. I think we all know how the State of Texas views crimes like this and the criminals who perpetrate them AND how they handle these matters... So, if "if... if... IF..." DOES happen, we might see justice for Ali yet!

BBM: Today, BSL plead guilty to 2 counts of first degree murder in a plea deal. The terms of the deal took the DP off the table in exchange for LWOP. He has already been transported to the Angola prison to begin serving his sentence(s). A lot of people hope that the Texas Rangers will investigate Ali's disappearance and look at the BSL connection.

BSL has a bio sister that lives close in TX (I've seen both Spring and Conroe, but still relatively close).

It is also conceivable (IMO) that, since kidnapping is his MO, if BSL is involved in Ali's case that he could have taken her across the state line into LA. I believe that would make this a federal case?

My heart and prayers go out to Ali's family. It is so sad that any family should be subjected to anything like this.

the news article states that there were 2 witnesses that saw a white truck pulled up beside Ali as she was walking along side the road. Witness said truck was pulled up very close to hear and driver talked to her as if trying to coax her into the car. Witness thought it was strange enough to get partial plate and to turn around but by the time they returned Ali and the truck were gone. Why wasn't this truck info released before? And why weren't the surrounding states checked instead of just TX??

If this info had been released, and BL was the perp, he might have been scared off enough to not take and murder Mickey Shunick two years later, even if he was not caught in TX. I hate to think her murder could have been prevented if LE in TX had been a little more responsive and worked with the public in Ali's case.

Bringing this over from the "Brandon Scott Lavergne- Guilty Plea and LWOP" thread pg. 2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...#post8276323):

I asked verified insider GarryB, who knows Brandon's half bio sister in Texas, if Brandon had been visiting his sister when Ali went missing. He replied:
"We talked about this, but she doesn't have a clue. Too long ago. She did say that was about a mile from where she lived though..." (it's post #33)

A mile from where his sister, who know he visists, lived. When added with the partial plate match up, I'm becoming more convinced that he may indeed be involved in Ali's disappearance.

BSL's home burned down sometime in the summer of 2010 and there's been a lot of speculation he burned it down. Also rumored that he had another truck or vehicle that was burned before. I wonder if it was to destroy evidence....

Hopefully with his LWOP sentence he has nothing else to lose about confessing to any and all other lives he's taken. :(

Hopefully with his LWOP sentence he has nothing else to lose about confessing to any and all other lives he's taken. :(

But that would not protect him in TX; he would have to be convinced of a deal there first. And probably want to choose where he serves it. It would depend on how badly TX wants to find Ali and solve the crime, if he is guilty.

At the time that he (BSL) kidnapped Mickey Shunick on May 19th of this year he was working offshore as a mechanic on an oil rig. I don't know if he had the same job in 2010. In 2010 he finished his probation for molesting a girl in 1999.

If he was working offshore, it is very likely that he was on land at the time Ali disappeared. I say this because on April 20, 2010 the BP Deepwater Horizon well blow-out happened. If he was working offshore at the time he could easily have went to visit his sister, knowing that he would have some down time. As always, IMO.

Bringing this over from the "Brandon Scott Lavergne- Guilty Plea and LWOP" thread pg. 2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...#post8276323):

I asked verified insider GarryB, who knows Brandon's half bio sister in Texas, if Brandon had been visiting his sister when Ali went missing. He replied:
"We talked about this, but she doesn't have a clue. Too long ago. She did say that was about a mile from where she lived though..." (it's post #33)

A mile from where his sister, who know he visists, lived. When added with the partial plate match up, I'm becoming more convinced that he may indeed be involved in Ali's disappearance.

BSL's home burned down sometime in the summer of 2010 and there's been a lot of speculation he burned it down. Also rumored that he had another truck or vehicle that was burned before. I wonder if it was to destroy evidence....

At the time that he (BSL) kidnapped Mickey Shunick on May 19th of this year he was working offshore as a mechanic on an oil rig. I don't know if he had the same job in 2010. In 2010 he finished his probation for molesting a girl in 1999.

If he was working offshore, it is very likely that he was on land at the time Ali disappeared. I say this because on April 20, 2010 the BP Deepwater Horizon well blow-out happened. If he was working offshore at the time he could easily have went to visit his sister, knowing that he would have some down time. As always, IMO.

KTGirl, you might want to ask GarryB to check with BSL's 1/2 bio sister, giving her the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster as a time reference, as stated here by HSmom2.

I am Canadian, and I remember that disaster.

Perhaps that disaster might jog BSL's sisters memory. He likely would have been off work at that time.

If the BP Disaster happened April 20, 2010 and Ali went missing April 26,2010, that would sort of line up.

Perhaps the sister could look back on her Facebook timeline, emails etc.? Something might jog her memory.

Maybe that BP Disaster? :waitasec:

Just a thought.

Who would they speak to Mac Sanderson? Is that his name and how could they get ahold of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper