Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Grabbing sunglasses or wearing them as she went out the door?

I think she wore the sunglasses for courage. I don't know if they were hers or just an odd pair that got that get left behind at the restaurant. I get the feeling that Alexis planned on meeting someone. I don't think she was aware that her meeting them would mean she would be a missing person three weeks later.

It concerns me that LE were lackadaisical treating Lexi's absence as a missing person. I think if Lexi was five feet tall they wouldn't have waited 48 hours to respond but because she was 5'10" a level of maturity was bestowed on her; that she could take care of herself. And the circumstances, to a certain extent, suggest she may have been party to her own absence.

Her dad seems like he has planned for every circumstance. Maybe too much. Kids seem to be much more savvy about technology than their parents and for every roadblock a parent puts up to monitor their children, the kids always seem to be able to counteract it. It may not always work in the long run but for brief stretches of time they can operate independently.

This time it went really wrong.

I read that the only vehicles that leave production with factory tinted windows are SUVs and pickup trucks so if that's true the vehicle in question may not be a rental at all.

Do we know how much earlier Lexi left the restaurant before the rest of the staff? If all the staff leave through the front door where do they park their cars? In the front lot? Usually parking areas in front of a restaurant are reserved for customers and staff park behind if that is the configuration of the property. Does the bar/restaurant have their own security cameras? Are they at the front and back of the restaurant or only out front?

Though perhaps the cook could have been more alert given the totality of the situation (young girl, at night, leaving out the back), I think he is cautiously speaking in the "absolute mode" when talking to the police.

For example, in day to day level, I can relate that my daughter and wife left for school in the morning at a certain time.

But in an absolute level, my testimony changes: I truly only heard my wife talk about leaving, I did not truly see who left the house, and though the car engine started up seconds after the door open and closed, I did not truly see who got into the car.
Was her shift over when she left or did she leave before then? For some reason I thought she left earlier but I can't remember the time her shift was supposed to end.

Been very quiet the last couple days. Could be due to the storm and problems down in TX but it's also possible they've gotten additional information we don't know about.

I have lots of questions which I know no one here can answer but maybe people have some speculation...

It should be easy to determine if she was actually planning to get a ride with a coworker. If she didn't ask any of them then she was lying to her dad and most likely getting a ride/leaving with someone he didn't know about or didn't approve of.

If she did ask a coworker for a ride, what happened? Did she say she didn't need one at the last minute? Did the person assume she'd gotten a different ride home? Did someone say oh she went out the back and met someone? This information would answer a lot of questions.

Either way I could understand leaving your phone if you wanted to run away but leaving her wallet also makes me inclined to believe she was planning to come back in the restaurant. Your wallet can't be traced and she would probably want access to any money she had. The sunglasses increases my suspicion she was meeting someone who she was not supposed to be meeting (maybe an older boyfriend or someone she met online).

My granddaughter's phone case is her wallet. Driver's license, debit card, OHIP card, phone. Cash is a foreign concept to her. If she loses her phone she loses all that stuff too.

I was looking at his FB for an update and didn’t see it. Is it a separate post or update on another post?

Either way, I’m beyond thrilled for the update. Thank you!!

DC confirmed that she's home safe and thanked a bunch of people/groups. His updates are in the comments of the posts. Awesome news. So happy to hear this. Cheers to Lexi and her family, and to all of you guys. Hope Lexi and all are able to move forward smoothly and be happy. First case I've posted in on WS. Glad to know she's okay.

Last edited:
Great news to learn that she is home safe.

Very curious to hear her thank everyone and apologize for the worry. This became an international concern, with more concern due to the freezing temperatures.

I hope she is relieved to be home safe, and not inclined to make mistakes like this again.

Last edited:
Great news to learn that she is home safe.

Very curious to hear her thank everyone and apologize for the worry. This became an international concern, with more concern due to the freezing temperatures.

I hope she is relieved to be home safe, and not inclined to make mistakes like this again.

We dont know if it was a mistake. She might have had good reasons to stay away. Otherwise you would not leave your belongings so obviously behind at work.

I am thinking that this happened before. But this time she did not contact her dad. And that worried him, of course.

I never had the feeling something happened to her. For that the details were the obvious.

We're never going to know the backstory on why Lexi chose to leave like she did so we have to be content that she's back home safe and sound. It appears that LE wasn't dropping the ball on her disappearance, that there was ample evidence her absence was one of choice. Her dad's silence for two weeks indicate that he also may have come to the same realization. It's a happy ending, of sorts, since the family will have to navigate through some different expectations of each other.

Anytime a thread ends and it doesn’t conclude with a body bag and a toe tag it is a good conclusion. Alexis is one of the lucky ones. She gets another chance at being an adult someday. Most threads involving missing teens don’t end up as positive.

Wishing Alexis and her family good days ahead.

amateur opinion and speculation

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jewels2U