Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We may not all agree on how they did it, but the friends had to speak up and be a voice for Alexis.

jmo
I'm not sure they did.
Reason being that she was reported as missing by her husband as well as her friends very quickly, she was found quickly and identified quickly.
I've seen nothing to suggest that LE were remiss in their investigation.
I'm not enjoying this playing out as him vs them.
We do not have a POI here, as identified by LE>
Everything is open to possibilities still because no arrest has been made.
I know as much about the parties as I know about a possible third party- zero. Nada.
I can speculate that LE knows where she went if she went out, who she met and for how long and who she spent the previous evening with after the Thanksgiving dinner at her friend's place.
I can speculate that they are aware of all relevant parties' movements and alibis if relevant. That all CCTV has been harvested and analysed. Witnesses interviewed. Etc.

In most cases one would have an idea of what LE are thinking but not in this case.

I'm not sure they did.
Reason being that she was reported as missing by her husband as well as her friends very quickly, she was found quickly and identified quickly.
I've seen nothing to suggest that LE were remiss in their investigation.
I'm not enjoying this playing out as him vs them.
We do not have a POI here, as identified by LE>
Everything is open to possibilities still because no arrest has been made.
I know as much about the parties as I know about a possible third party- zero. Nada.
I can speculate that LE knows where she went if she went out, who she met and for how long and who she spent the previous evening with after the Thanksgiving dinner at her friend's place.
I can speculate that they are aware of all relevant parties' movements and alibis if relevant. That all CCTV has been harvested and analysed. Witnesses interviewed. Etc.

In most cases one would have an idea of what LE are thinking but not in this case.

I take not knowing where LE is going as a good thing. I don’t believe the friends’ actions have compromised the investigation, thankfully. If the friends had information that was known only via face-to-face conversations with AS, that information might never have been uncovered via cell or text searches. It needed to be told to LE. Others here may not agree with that, and that’s ok with me. I stand behind my opinion.

Everyone involved deserves the benefit of a full and thorough investigation, but most of all - Alexis deserves it. She’s the true victim. Not the husband or the friends.

jmo

Yikes! I am not LE and here I am talking... :eek:

I do agree potential witnesses should stay quiet now, even on social media. They may already have lost their opportunity to be a witness if this case ever gets charged and moved to trial.

jmo
It appears you misunderstood my post: We, including you, are on a crime forum discussing factual information supported by credible references! We're not publicly speculating about individuals that are not named POI's or suspects, alleging they're responsible for the murder and should be arrested, yesterday.

It appears you misunderstood my post: We, including you, are on a crime forum discussing factual information supported by credible references! We're not publicly speculating about individuals that are not named POI's or suspects, alleging they're responsible for the murder and should be arrested, yesterday.

I understood, it was just my poor attempt at humor. :(

But really, I thought the friends had stopped talking publicly a couple of months ago. I will have to check out some MSM though. As we know, some of the tabloid styles pick up on what is said in social media and run with it.

I take not knowing where LE is going as a good thing. I don’t believe the friends’ actions have compromised the investigation, thankfully. If the friends had information that was known only via face-to-face conversations with AS, that information might never have been uncovered via cell or text searches. It needed to be told to LE. Others here may not agree with that, and that’s ok with me. I stand behind my opinion.

Everyone involved deserves the benefit of a full and thorough investigation, but most of all - Alexis deserves it. She’s the true victim. Not the husband or the friends.

jmo
I've seen change of venue applications being submitted for far less.
The case was high profile, apparently because she was well known in certain circles.
I think they should have given the information to LE, not gone public.
But, it is what it is now.

We wait, again....

Work Trip to Marfa?
...Monat friends added their concern based on what AS said during their recent work trip to Marfa....
@MoeInVA sbm for focus bbm Just jumping off your post.
I'm wondering why a group of MLM sellers of hair care products would go from Houston to Marfa, TX* on a work trip , or even a Monat-sponsored fun trip awarded in recognition of sales volume. How to get there?**
Easier to see as a vacay*** w friends or ARS's excuse to get away from TS? my2ct.

Anyone know/remember when the trip was?
* Marfa, TX, ~2000 residents in beautiful high desert in the Big Bend region, "a tourist destination and a major center for minimalist art." Marfa, Texas - Wikipedia But according to some, just another dusty, desolate west TX town, w a sprinkling of modern artists and modern art fans, attracted there by lore surrounding artist Donald Judd.

** Marfa has no scheduled passenger airline service, so either -
--- Fly Houston to Midland TX. Then rent car, Midland to Marfa, driving distance ~ 175 mi. ( 280 km); drive time = 3 hrs.
--- Houston to Marfa, driving distance = 600 miles (965 km); drive time = 8 1/2 hr.

*** IIRC on ARS' soc media I saw a pix of her at "Prada Marfa" a modern "art installation."
Prada Marfa - Wikipedia

Work Trip to Marfa?
@MoeInVA sbm for focus bbm Just jumping off your post.
I'm wondering why a group of MLM sellers of hair care products would go from Houston to Marfa, TX* on a work trip , or even a Monat-sponsored fun trip awarded in recognition of sales volume. How to get there?**
Easier to see as a vacay*** w friends or ARS's excuse to get away from TS? my2ct.

Anyone know/remember when the trip was?
* Marfa, TX, ~2000 residents in beautiful high desert in the Big Bend region, "a tourist destination and a major center for minimalist art." Marfa, Texas - Wikipedia But according to some, just another dusty, desolate west TX town, w a sprinkling of modern artists and modern art fans, attracted there by lore surrounding artist Donald Judd.

** Marfa has no scheduled passenger airline service, so either -
--- Fly Houston to Midland TX. Then rent car, Midland to Marfa, driving distance ~ 175 mi. ( 280 km); drive time = 3 hrs.
--- Houston to Marfa, driving distance = 600 miles (965 km); drive time = 8 1/2 hr.

*** IIRC on ARS' soc media I saw a pix of her at "Prada Marfa" a modern "art installation."
Prada Marfa - Wikipedia
I understood AS to represent more than hair products. After reading this article citing 5 things to know about AS, traveling to Marfa seemed appropriate, in my opinion.

Robinault was a social media influencer with tens of thousands of followers on Instagram, where she would post about travel and organic beauty products. She also worked as a mentor with the skincare and hair company Monat, ABC 13 reported.

5 things to know about the Instagram influencer found dead in Houston

Monat Work Trip to Marfa?
I understood AS to represent more than hair products. ... AS, traveling to Marfa seemed appropriate, in my opinion.... Instagram, where she would post about travel and organic beauty products. She also worked ... Monat, ABC 13 reported. 5 things to know about the Instagram influencer found dead in Houston
@Seattle1 sbm rbm Thanks for your post. First re rbm, no disagreement from me.
Second, the writer of article said Monat friends called it "their work trip" to Marfa. From that, I understood it to be a Monat-related business trip, either a self-paid trip they-plural took as independent contractors w Monat or a "prize" trip Monat paid for.

Regardless of various products/services ARS promoted, offered or sold, I wondered it it was a work trip or a vacay, an excuse to get away from TS. Not saying it was, just considering possibilities. my2ct. Sorry that my earlier post was not clearer.

You have quite the eye for detail. Yes, I overlooked three categories of Monat products skin care, wellness, and Monat pet, Premium Hair and Skincare Products | MONAT Global – MONAT GLOBAL so will edit (if time permits. Whoops, time ran out.) to correct my post. Thanks again.
Afaik, Monat does not sell travel services, so was not relevant work trip to my earlier post.
On ARS' soc med (IG? TT? FB?) which I saw, it appeared imo she also promoted a line of clothing
(Princess Polly?), again, but those products she promoted were not relevant to whether trip was Monat work trip.

Last edited:
Who Killed Alexis Sharkey: Exploring the Truth About the Influencer's Last Days Before Her Shocking Death - E! Online

“Unnamed pals told Houston's ABC 13 that Alexis had confided in them during a weekend getaway to Marfa, Texas, in November (excursions to restaurants and the local Prada—"If you visit, be warned it's not actually in marfa"—were dutifully chronicled) that she feared for her life.”

Lots of outdoor photo ops perhaps.
(Although a company trip during a pandemic is hinky) Essential travel?
JMO

Who Killed Alexis Sharkey: Exploring the Truth About the Influencer's Last Days Before Her Shocking Death - E! Online

“Unnamed pals told Houston's ABC 13 that Alexis had confided in them during a weekend getaway to Marfa, Texas, in November (excursions to restaurants and the local Prada—"If you visit, be warned it's not actually in marfa"—were dutifully chronicled) that she feared for her life.”

JMO

It seems the trip to Marfa, about 500 miles from Houston, took place about a month before her Nov 27 death. I dunno about how many are adhering to essential travel only after viewing the social media posts of some of the teens, family, friends, of the victim's cases I'm following! I'd say pictures are worth a thousand words and the group photo at the link below looks like a typical "influencer" Instagram shot, in my opinion.

Her friends told ABC13 that Sharkey mentioned to them about her fears a month ago during their trip to Marfa, Texas.
Friend reveals Houston influencer's state of mind before death

Last edited:

JMO

Thank you for the link - still trying to piece together where she was in the big picture. Trying to pull out the facts.

"So when 12 hours went by after Tanya last talked to Alexis at around 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 27, to confirm a movie get-together for the 28th, and her friend hadn't posted anything new, and she wasn't responding to texts or calls, loved ones started to worry. Tanya went to the apartment Alexis shared with her husband, Tom Sharkey, 49, and knocked on the door. No one answered, after which Tanya called police and a missing persons report was filed that Saturday afternoon.

Meanwhile, earlier that morning a city sanitation worker driving along Red Haw Lane, near Houston's North Eldridge Parkway, had spotted what turned out to be Alexis' naked body lying in some bushes by the side of the road, about three miles from her home.

She last spoke to Alexis the day before Thanksgiving

Tom, who informed his mother-in-law that Alexis was missing on Saturday, wrote on Facebook after his wife's body was found, "My world! My everything! I'm so lost right now! My one and only!"

He indicated without going into further detail that the last time he saw her was at home and he told her she shouldn't drive.

It seems the trip to Marfa, about 500 miles from Houston, took place about a month before her Nov 27 death. I dunno about how many are adhering to essential travel only after viewing the social media posts of some of the teens, family, friends, of the victim's cases I'm following! I'd say pictures are worth a thousand words and the group photo at the link below looks like a typical "influencer" Instagram shot, in my opinion.

Her friends told ABC13 that Sharkey mentioned to them about her fears a month ago during their trip to Marfa, Texas.
Friend reveals Houston influencer's state of mind before death

I’m trying to figure out the work aspect of the trip. I don’t see Monat referenced/tagged in her IG pictures?

Alexis Sharkey: Inside her social media presence

Pandemic, Travel, Soc Media?
... I dunno about how many are adhering to essential travel only after viewing the social media posts of some of the teens, family, friends, of the victim's cases I'm following! ....
@Seattle1 sbm Thanks for your post.
Yep, a whole lotta travelling goin' on.
Some essential. Other, well?

I’m trying to figure out the work aspect of the trip. I don’t see Monat referenced/tagged in her IG pictures?

Alexis Sharkey: Inside her social media presence
I've come to the conclusion that AS was selling 'aspiration' or a particular lifestyle. I think she probably had her own customer base (perhaps the initial number of followers (circa10k) were her customer base and possible downline?). If you look through her posts they have changed over time from promoting products to promoting a particlar lifestyle.

I've come to the conclusion that AS was selling 'aspiration' or a particular lifestyle....
@Nikynoo sbm bbm Precisely.
Isn't that what Monat & many other MLM* cosmetic co's do? Arrange w ppl, mostly young, attractive women, to pitch the co products, thru personal contacts, but mostly soc. media?

Boils down to the decades or century old phrase: selling "hope in a jar." ** Jmo, my2ct.

** I've seen the phrase ^ attributed (apparently inaccurately) Helena Rubinstein. Per wiki, she (1872-1965) was founder of the self-named cosmetics co. entrepreneur, which made her one of the world's richest women. She was "keenly aware of effective marketing" and "perceived value of overpricing and the promotion of the pseudoscience of skincare." Helena Rubinstein - Wikipedia. Wow, what a life she lived!

The Powder & the Glory (2007), a documentary about HR, her cosmetics co, & rivalry w a competing co.
The Powder & the Glory (2007) - IMDb (I have not seen it.).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back