Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I honestly don't think the friends talked so much because they were wannabe influencers or because they were trying to gain something out of it for them. I think they were a) worried about Alexis, AND b) when she was found dead, they thought they knew who killed her and got frustrated with the case not moving.

They were worried she was not going to get any justice.

I honestly don't think the friends talked so much because they were wannabe influencers or because they were trying to gain something out of it for them. I think they were a) worried about Alexis, AND b) when she was found dead, they thought they knew who killed her and got frustrated with the case not moving.

ITA. It was stupid of them to put the case in jeopardy but they felt they were being a voice for their silenced friend who had confided fears of her abuser. They went about it incorrectly but to throw their words away is not helpful to Alexis, either.
Hope the justice is coming soon...

ITA. It was stupid of them to put the case in jeopardy but they felt they were being a voice for their silenced friend who had confided fears of her abuser. They went about it incorrectly but to throw their words away is not helpful to Alexis, either.
Hope the justice is coming soon...
I don't think they did it to benefit anyone else other than Alexis though. I don't blame them.

I think they possibly used their own "influencer" status in their online circles to help generate more awareness to the case. It's not as popular as it used to be, but I used to know some pretty well known bloggers that did exactly the same, for the same reasons.

jmo

Yeah, I hear ya, but sometimes these things take a while. Take Kristin Smart's case. She vanished in 1996 they JUST got new evidence and charged a guy the other day. He/they likely thought they were scott free after all these years/decades. Hopefully Alexis' case doesn't go that way.

Just popping in for updates, but see there are none.
Hoping LE is busy getting their ducks in a row for an upcoming arrest soon.

yeah, let's hope. I'm hoping this isn't one of those cases that just fades away. I'd like to know if they found anything from any videos nearby. I thought there was talk of one business whose cam was trained that direction had some to turn over. Don't recall hearing anything else about that.

yeah, let's hope. I'm hoping this isn't one of those cases that just fades away. I'd like to know if they found anything from any videos nearby. I thought there was talk of one business whose cam was trained that direction had some to turn over. Don't recall hearing anything else about that.
I hope the Cam caught it too.
IIRC, a local drove down the road and mentioned several times how DARK it is, no street lights, so hopefully a CCTV or something caught car lights, etc that night.

Alexis is not forgotten...

It's been a great week with a dual arrest for Kristen Smart's murder and while a 25-year wait for that case is no comparison, I do think LE is very good at keeping tabs on unnamed suspects. There was even a huge effort to keep the accused from joining the armed forces - just to keep him stateside.

I'm also encouraged with current technology that facilitates these efforts -- especially given how close AS resided to the border.

There was a great quote from the Sheriff tweeted by a reporter after the arrest in Kristen's case:

Replying to @OliviaDeGennaro

"It's not what you believe, it's what can you prove."
Parkinson talks about due process and the need for physical evidence to actually prosecute a case.

2:20 PM · Apr 13, 2021·Twitter Web App

MOO

Last edited:
I hope the Cam caught it too.
IIRC, a local drove down the road and mentioned several times how DARK it is, no street lights, so hopefully a CCTV or something caught car lights, etc that night.

I drove it. Scary as —— when I first drove it. I noticed that there appear to be brand new HUGE flood lights now on the back side of a building that faces the site where her body was discovered. I’d bet those lights were installed after the fact. But the lights do not reach the street itself. Or the bushes, etc. And once past those lights, pitch black again.

I have not seen or heard a peep out of HPD regarding her lately. Unfortunately, money, manpower and more murders will get in the way of resolving this case.
And the perp drives away....

Last edited:
I think the delay of an arrest is because the suspect is not close to home and is someone not well known to the victim. If this was a chance encounter (offered help to her as an example) and she was dumped on the side of the road and the person just kept going, that's a tough one. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie
Back