Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TS was never named publicly by LE as a suspect or POI, nor was the warrant for his arrest announced. That makes sense, as they would want to use the element of surprise to take him into custody. TS must have been armed and prepared for it though. It must have been hell looking over his shoulder for almost a year wondering when they were coming for him. I am very grateful that he did not take any other lives in this moment. Alexis’ life was already too high a price for something so senseless. IMHO

ETA IMO- guess this is another example of trusting LE to be working WORKING WORKING on cases that we are annoyed about when there are no new “developments”. Our culture has come to expect all the news all the time, and if anything, LE is taking an opposite view of this “putting-it-all-out-there” world. I applaud them for that. I don’t need to know everything. That’s why I pay taxes so that they can do their jobs without me hounding them for information. MOO

Last edited:
I just came on here and am surprised that he was wanted for murder and there was no hint of a warrant - though I am not at all surprised that he was the culprit. For once, I'd like to be wrong in immediately suspecting the husband, boyfriend, or ex in these cases.

Prayers for her family that they have some semblance of closure despite the circumstances.

My boyfriend's sister shot herself in her house while her daughter and boyfriend were there - it is horrifically traumatizing. Prayers for his daughter and boyfriend as well.

RIP Alexis. What a trail of tragedy this guy left behind. UGH.

TS was never named publicly by LE as a suspect or POI, nor was the warrant for his arrest announced. That makes sense, as they would want to use the element of surprise to take him into custody. TS must have been armed and prepared for it though. It must have been hell looking over his shoulder for almost a year wondering when they were coming for him. I am very grateful that he did not take any other lives in this moment. Alexis’ life was already too high a price for something so senseless. IMHO

ETA IMO- guess this is another example of trusting LE to be working WORKING WORKING on cases that we are annoyed about when there are no new “developments”. Our culture has come to expect all the news all the time, and if anything, LE is taking an opposite view of this “putting-it-all-out-there” world. I applaud them for that. I don’t need to know everything. That’s why I pay taxes so that they can do their jobs without me hounding them for information. MOO

It gives me hope that at some point Maya will see justice as will Summer Wells.

It seems to be the new normal.

So long as the bad guys eventually land in jail and have to face the consequences, I can wait. :cool:

I wonder if he has been in hiding, and they finally tracked him down?

Or if they just recently decided that they had enough evidence to charge him?

Seems kind of weird that it took this long. I know investigations take time, but this seemed like a somewhat obvious case. I guess it all depends on the evidence, but what new evidence could they have found in the last few months?

I would think a lot of cases take a long time because they have trouble identifying a suspect. Here, he was the prime suspect from day one.

I'm not criticizing LE. Just curious.

JMO

Angry that he did this to Alexis and now even angrier that he had the nerve to shoot himself in the home he was SHARING WITH HIS DAUGHTER. From the sound of the news article, his daughter was present when it happened, too (she had just “stepped out”). This poor daughter!! TS..what a…..:mad:

So, not a whole lot of info given in press conference. LE said they wanted to speak to her family first. I wonder how much will ever be released publicly.

I was surprised that LE was still seeking a DNA sample from TS. I don't think I knew that they were separated, or that he wasn't living in the apartment full time at the time of the murder, but I didn't expect DNA to be relevant in this case since they were married. Other than his skin under her fingernails, or something.

I also would have expected that they could have gotten his DNA from the apartment, but maybe not if he wasn't living there. Or maybe they were "pretty sure" that they had a sample of his dna, but wanted to get an official sample directly from him?

Also, apparently they still got an arrest warrant without TS's dna.

Sad story.

JMO

I bet he had been living in utter stress, constantly looking over his shoulder just waiting for LE to come get him. I feel terrible for Alexis and her family (obviously), but I can't help but feel awful for his daughter too. Can you imagine witnessing this ordeal? Even if she didn't actually saw it, there's no way she didn't hear it. Poor girl. He's such a coward.

Seems kind of weird that it took this long. I know investigations take time, but this seemed like a somewhat obvious case. I guess it all depends on the evidence, but what new evidence could they have found in the last few months?

I would think a lot of cases take a long time because they have trouble identifying a suspect. Here, he was the prime suspect from day one.

JMO
I never saw him as a prime suspect.
I saw zero evidence connecting him to her death just loads of speculation based upon alleged friends' accounts.
I thought it was quite possibly somebody she had met at a bar the night she was in her friend's house..
I wonder what evidence they had or will we ever know now?

A difficult ending to this case.

The officer seemed to imply that more information on the evidence will be released after ARS’s family is briefed.

Perhaps they will release the affidavit they had prepared to support the intended homicide charges. I wonder if they will wait for the DNA evidence testing now that they will be receiving a sample.

My condolences to Alexis' family, friends and all of those who loved her. I'm also so sorry that her girlfriends had been suspects via SM. That was so unfair.

Admittedly, I always suspected her soon to be ex of killing her although I'm certainly not boasting about being right. It is a very sad day, to be sure.

RIP Alexis

JMO
From the Presser, it would seem that they were trying to arrange a meeting with him to collect a sample of his DNA. He failed to show up to an appointment in Georgia and then moved onto Florida. IMO LE got tired of waiting and decided to go for it. They obviously had enough evidence to get the arrest warrant and also to have it sealed. It will be interesting if LE share their findings once they have concluded their investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back