GUILTY TX - Alfred & Abneris Santiago for starving, abusing 3 kids, Dallas, 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just KNEW she would change her plea. She was waiting to see what happened with him. I will say this, regardless of why she changed it it is the right thing to do. Now these children can have some peace as strange as that may seem....

I'm just waiting to see what her sentence is. So often the women get off easy, so I'm hoping she will get a stiff sentence.

By JEFF CARLTON Associated Press Writer © 2010 The Associated Press

July 30, 2010, 4:40PM

DALLAS — A mother whose three children were found starving after being shut away in a hotel bathroom for as long as nine months was sentenced to life in prison Friday after changing her plea to guilty in the middle of her trial.

Abneris Santiago, 31, had faced between five years and life in prison on a felony charge of injury to a child.

BBM - More at link:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7132739.html

I am beyond thrilled that she got life. Waiting for her to be transferred to DOC, so I can see when she will be up for parole. I'm not sure what Texas minimum is for life. I was so afraid they would buy the abuse baloney and give her a slap on the wrist. I feel like these children got justice and I don't feel that way very often. I hope the little boy who is suicidal will be able to heal and be happy. I wish so much love for them.

Life is appropriate. This story makes my heart hurt. :(

I'm glad these two will be locked up for the rest of their lives. It is just punishment. Too bad they get square meals a day. I'm sure Mr. Santiago will have a warm reception in prison as well. I hope that reception lasts 99 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back