GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My only issue with how Alicia's disappearance was handled is much the same as I have with all missing people cases. I live in Texas I did not hear about Alicia till Sat and that was b/c of Missing's facebook. I did not catch the news at all Sunday so not sure if it was talked about at all. It does not seem to have been, the way people reacting on facebook on Monday when they covered Alicia disappearance.

I get the guidelines for Amber Alerts. The guidelines are what sets Amber Alerts off from just a missing person alert. What I do not like or understand and what really ticks me off is not even putting it out there in the media that they are missing. I also get the police want to do an investigation in the beginning but I think all missing people need to have their face shown on TV within 24hrs of them being missing. Even if it was just a picture of the missing flyer flipping on the screen.

If you look at Alicia's facebook pics she has some that included her ipad and she was posing.

I was bullied a lot back in school and would be taunted on the bus and then followed home (which was only a block). The younger brother would torment me on the bus and then when we got off, his older brother would pick him up and they'd drive behind/beside me yelling all kinds of names/sexual harrasment type stuff. I was very, very tiny much like Alicia. I had braces, not much of a chest.

Eventually one day I clobbered (sp) the kid upside the head and was suspended. My point being - what if she finally got fed up. I know I did. And this perp was messing with her, tried to take her ipad and then she tried to fight back. She's so tiny he could have hit her once/twice and she'd be down. JMO of course but I cant believe I made it through my h.s. years without causing major damage...that boys head up against the window was NOTHING compared to the harrasment and bullying I received through middle/high school.

Oh and one last thing - they said she'd ask people to play video games and watch nickolodeon. So in that sense, most 16 year olds are not watching Nick....I had no friends and I clearly remember sitting home w/ my little sister (6 years my junior) and watching kids shows. Anything that seems happy and that life might not be all that bad...point of all this - mentally/emotionally she didnt seem 16. There might have been a boy that FINALLY showed interest in her and then something went bad. Maybe thats who she went to see getting off the bus --- another boy? someone older showing her attention?

A thought: Placing her in a box and then placing that box in a visible area says something about the killer. From a criminology standpoint. That's not the usual 'throw away' of a body that killers so often do. I'm certainly not an expert, but I've picked up enough profiling by osmosis and I get the feeling that would indicate a strong likelihood the killer knew Alicia. Possibly? And knew her well enough to feel guilt and want her to be 'taken care of' after death. That might also be why LE (despite their abysmal performance here) is not confirming abduction. They might suspect it was someone who didn't need to abduct her because they already had free access...

If you look at Alicia's facebook pics she has some that included her ipad and she was posing.

I was bullied a lot back in school and would be taunted on the bus and then followed home (which was only a block). The younger brother would torment me on the bus and then when we got off, his older brother would pick him up and they'd drive behind/beside me yelling all kinds of names/sexual harrasment type stuff. I was very, very tiny much like Alicia. I had braces, not much of a chest.

Eventually one day I clobbered (sp) the kid upside the head and was suspended. My point being - what if she finally got fed up. I know I did. And this perp was messing with her, tried to take her ipad and then she tried to fight back. She's so tiny he could have hit her once/twice and she'd be down. JMO of course but I cant believe I made it through my h.s. years without causing major damage...that boys head up against the window was NOTHING compared to the harrasment and bullying I received through middle/high school.

Oh and one last thing - they said she'd ask people to play video games and watch nickolodeon. So in that sense, most 16 year olds are not watching Nick....I had no friends and I clearly remember sitting home w/ my little sister (6 years my junior) and watching kids shows. Anything that seems happy and that life might not be all that bad...point of all this - mentally/emotionally she didnt seem 16. There might have been a boy that FINALLY showed interest in her and then something went bad. Maybe thats who she went to see getting off the bus --- another boy? someone older showing her attention?

:welcome: Hlegate! :welcome4:

Are those lady bugs in multi colors on your avatar?

so cute!

sorry for the O/T...

A thought: Placing her in a box and then placing that box in a visible area says something about the killer. From a criminology standpoint. That's not the usual 'throw away' of a body that killers so often do. I'm certainly not an expert, but I've picked up enough profiling by osmosis and I get the feeling that would indicate a strong likelihood the killer knew Alicia. Possibly? And knew her well enough to feel guilt and want her to be 'taken care of' after death. That might also be why LE (despite their abysmal performance here) is not confirming abduction. They might suspect it was someone who didn't need to abduct her because they already had free access...

I feel like the trunk is what makes me think this is someone who does not know Alicia.
Although the placement of her body in the trunk could be construed as indication that the person had some interest in seeing her "taken care of" as you say, I think in this case it is merely a matter of finding something that was large enough, sturdy enough to hold the body without tearing, and completely enclosed.

The trunk itself is an odd choice, and I don't see a perp who knows Alicia or someone in her family, taking a risk on using it if there is even the slightest chance that a member of her family had seen it before, or a friend of a friend of the family saw that trunk in so and so's garage when they went to get a card table out of the garage last year, etc. I think the perp must have been fairly confident that the trunk would not lead the LE directly to their door.

Its hard to tell from the photos if it is an old trunk or not. If it is one of the older type trunks, it likely has a wealth of forensic data trapped in all the little cracks, crevices and surfaces. Hopefully this alone will provide some good leads.
I am praying that the Rangers can find the guilty parties quickly.

is it naive to think that if people took these warnings of abduction attempts more seriously, this could be prevented? There were warnings in Jessica Ridgeway's school district and in this poor child's school district. Why are the kids left on their own when danger is lurking? Can anything prevent this from happening when there is clearly an offender targeting a neighborhood? Of course, in Autumn Pasquale's case there was no warning.

I live in the DFW area, about a hour from where Alicia was kidnapped and murdered. My daughter is 15, there is no way she is going to be walking anywhere by herself right now. Which is a shame, she's 15!! You know your kids hit a certain age and you think they should be safe walking a block home from the bus stop. :banghead:

I am sure LE is already doing this/has done it...but it wouldn't be hard at all to figure out who was still on the bus and behind her on the bus picture and question them. They have records on who should be on the bus.

One block is not far at all. My guess is that someone knew that a kid(s) were dropped off there. Unless she had prearranged some sort of meeting- a perp would have, what, 5 min max to pick her up?

My heart is breaking as I write this: I wonder if she was so starved for friends that when some creep offered to hang out with her she jumped at the chance, taking the early bus home to meet up him/her...I hope not. That seems like it would be even worse somehow.

Peace be with you, Alicia. We will remember you.

I am so sorry you were bullied like that! :hug:

You raise good ideas here!

ETA: I am glad you clobbered that bully! :rocker:

I am sure LE is already doing this/has done it...but it wouldn't be hard at all to figure out who was still on the bus and behind her on the bus picture and question them. They have records on who should be on the bus.

One block is not far at all. My guess is that someone knew that a kid(s) were dropped off there. Unless she had prearranged some sort of meeting- a perp would have, what, 5 min max to pick her up?

My heart is breaking as I write this: I wonder if she was so starved for friends that when some creep offered to hang out with her she jumped at the chance, taking the early bus home to meet up him/her...I hope not. That seems like it would be even worse somehow.

Peace be with you, Alicia. We will remember you.

BBM: I would strongly suggest less than 2 minutes to walk 1 block. That's some ultra tight timing for a stranger abduction.

@PP - yes!! those are ladybugs of all different colors. I needed an avatar and this one - I just loved the colors!

@Ihavenoclue: thank you! that was almost 11 years ago that I clobbered him but I still feel good about it.

BBM: I would strongly suggest less than 2 minutes to walk 1 block. That's some ultra tight timing for a stranger abduction.

That is very true, especially since her normal routine was altered that day. Everyone expected her to be at ACE after school. If someone was stalking her in particular, he would not have put himself there at that time.

Regarding Alicia's backpack: I don't remember reading or hearing whether LE has found it. Was it with the body? Is it still missing?

If LE has the backpack, I hope they will find DNA on it, leading to an arrest very soon. If not, shouldn't they be asking the public to keep an eye out for it? I haven't seen any pictures of it, except in the video of Alicia getting off the bus in which the backpack is barely visible.

Sorry to quote myself here, but my thoughts weren't that organized this morning. I know that there is likely to be DNA evidence on Alicia's body and on the trunk, but the backpack could provide additional clues. Like: 1.) if it's still missing, a picture of it could greatly help locate the perp if he's still in possession of it. 2.) if it is later found dumped somewhere, the location, in conjunction with the point of abduction and the place of discovery, could help a geographical profiler narrow down the location of the perp. 3.) if it was found with the body, is the iPad missing? Is anything else in the backpack out of place? Did the perp disable and reset the iPad and then return it to the backpack?

I don't believe that the iPad is what was targeted by the perp. The other attempted kidnappings and reports of a man trying to lure children to his vehicle are proof that Alicia was the victim of a child predator. I think it's the same case as with Austin Sigg - he eventually found a victim weaker than himself. :( Another poster said that she was Alicia's size. I, too, was about Alicia's size in HS. I even weighed a little less. Scary to think about. Hope the evil dude is off the streets very, very soon.

A snatch into a vehicle could take only a minute or two. Restrain or display weapon once victim in vehicle.

My only issue with how Alicia's disappearance was handled is much the same as I have with all missing people cases. I live in Texas I did not hear about Alicia till Sat and that was b/c of Missing's facebook. I did not catch the news at all Sunday so not sure if it was talked about at all. It does not seem to have been, the way people reacting on facebook on Monday when they covered Alicia disappearance.

I get the guidelines for Amber Alerts. The guidelines are what sets Amber Alerts off from just a missing person alert. What I do not like or understand and what really ticks me off is not even putting it out there in the media that they are missing. I also get the police want to do an investigation in the beginning but I think all missing people need to have their face shown on TV within 24hrs of them being missing. Even if it was just a picture of the missing flyer flipping on the screen.

what I don't like about Amber Alerts is that most of the time it's a parental abduction, in which they are safe in most cases. And then you have stranger abductions treated as runaways, or runaways that become abductions/trafficking, and there's no amber alert. WHY does a car need to be involved for an Amber Alert? that's just stupid.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21
Back