GUILTY TX - Alicia Moore, 16, Greenville, 2 November 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@PP - yes!! those are ladybugs of all different colors. I needed an avatar and this one - I just loved the colors!

@Ihavenoclue: thank you! that was almost 11 years ago that I clobbered him but I still feel good about it.

I was bullied beginning in elem school. When I was about 10, I hit one of the bullies over the head with my book when he was bothering me. He told the teacher and she told him that if I hadn't hit him, she would. You should have seen the look on that kid's face! :what:

ETA: I wanted to say, too, that these days the victims of bullies are often characterized as vindictive and violent. It really bugs me when there's a shooting at a school or in a workplace and people immediately assume that the perp was bullied. I think the perp is usually the bully, but his victims are labeled as such when they defend themselves. It's gotten to the point that, when you are bullied and you speak up or express anger non-violently, people assume that you are a danger to others. I don't know if anyone understands what I'm saying, but I think bullies are beginning to feel protected due to this misguided rationale.

Seeing that her auntie was getting on to her about her grade(s) in a class or classes, and she missed ACE the very next day, I can't help but wonder if she found a "tutor" online or otherwise in hopes of bringing up her grades. It could be that ACE wasn't helping her adequately enough. That would be one way a perp would know she had the iPad with her and knew to disable it.

ETA: For a young person, tutors are thought of as people of trust like teachers. That would bring her guard down very quickly. She could have arranged to meet up after school that day and since she was getting "tutoring," she wasn't really breaking the rules by not going to ACE.

I bet the ipad was reset to hide something.
I've wondered the same thing. She didn't have a lot of friends in school. Her aunt said she spent a lot of time in her room, and she had an account on Meetme. Friday would be a good time for a perv she met on a social networking site to convince her to skip ACE and meet him after school.

I also think it is possible that the perp went to a garage sale or thrift store or flea market to buy the rattan trunk. That would be a fairly easy way to disassociate oneself from the trunk and move a body w/o raising too much suspicion from onlookers.

Body placed in a trunk and the disabling of Alicia's iPad makes me lean towards perp is not a peer nor teen. Not about theft of her iPad, IMO. Perp is somewhat organized.

is it naive to think that if people took these warnings of abduction attempts more seriously, this could be prevented? There were warnings in Jessica Ridgeway's school district and in this poor child's school district. Why are the kids left on their own when danger is lurking? Can anything prevent this from happening when there is clearly an offender targeting a neighborhood? Of course, in Autumn Pasquale's case there was no warning.

It might be a good deterrent, but for those of us single moms with school age children, we have to do what we have to do. Scares the crap out of me sometimes. Lil one and I were watching this on the news. "How did she get grabbed?" "I'm fine, my bus driver lets me off and then makes sure I'm half way up the drive and lets all the cars behind us pass."

I hope and pray so, I hope and pray so.

According to The Herald, fire investigators are still on the scene.

There were lit candles at the memorial site. Hopefully it was just an accident caused by the burning candles.

The article says the memorial was set up after the candlelight vigil. Not much detail here, but I'd assume all the candles had been put out.

I've wondered the same thing. She didn't have a lot of friends in school. Her aunt said she spent a lot of time in her room, and she had an account on Meetme. Friday would be a good time for a perv she met on a social networking site to convince her to skip ACE and meet him after school.

Sure. He could've agreed to meet her at her house after school, which seemed safe enough to Alicia since her uncle was there. Perp watched her get off the bus from a distance and then drove up once the bus was out of sight. Would only take a few seconds for him to get her into the car.

I also think it is possible that the perp went to a garage sale or thrift store or flea market to buy the rattan trunk. That would be a fairly easy way to disassociate oneself from the trunk and move a body w/o raising too much suspicion from onlookers.

Good thinking. But, perhaps the one who sold it would remember who bought it. I really think LE needs to show an enlarged picture of that trunk to the public. Such an important clue.

LE - we need a bigger pic of trunk and backpack. Where is the backpack??

LE - we need a bigger pic of trunk and backpack. Where is the backpack??

On the auntie's Facebook page, she said it was not black, but it was green - that the media reported it wrong. It also had some initials on it, but I don't remember right now what initials they were. I'll go back and look a little later.

I keep hearing on them refer to the trunk as a "tool trunk" on the local news. Sorry, no link at the moment.

I keep hearing on them refer to the trunk as a "tool trunk" on the local news. Sorry, no link at the moment.

Yeah, that's what the idiot school spokesperson called it at the presser, which is WRONG, and the media picked that up and ran with it afterward.

When it was found, the media said it was a rattan/wicker type of trunk and one can clearly see that in the pictures.

I want to write something about the way I perceive the Westminster Police Department's response to Jessica's disappearance to this case, but I don't want to be put on time out or banned from Websleuths. So...

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery