TX TX - Amanda Goodman, 13, Brownwood, 16 May 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been curious about trying to get the files via freedom of information... i’m Off work tomorrow so I may start the ball rolling.

Brownwood is such a small town. I have always felt it was someone who knew the family. This might be a good cold case for Cold Justice. Is there any family left to show some interest?

I emailed them and they said that they have to be “invited” into the investigation by the local LEOs...

From the time she is seen walking home to the time she is found, it appears to only been about an hour.

So...... she starts walking home. Unfortunately, someone she knows drives by. He either stops the car in an attempt to give her a ride or she flags him down and he feels obligated.

Once in the vehicle, she realizes there is someone in the backseat. Not someone she knows. Maybe some kind of drug dealer? It is immediately evident that she should never have gotten into the car. She either makes a fuss or tries to open the door while the car is going. The driver, that she does know, stops the car. She opens the door to exit and the person in the backseat decides she knows too much. He shoots her. The person that does know her is in shock and leaves her body placed in an area that she will be quickly found. He does his best to be respectful to her body.

Someone ALWAYS knows .....

We all assume that it was a man that killed her but could it have been a woman?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I remember this very well. My uncle found her on his way home from work. As the tend to in Brownwood, Rumors went rampant. I was 9 at the time, so I believed about all of them. The one that seemed to run in our circles the most, was that it was either the pastor, or a police officer. Story has it, that she was planning to report some sexual misconduct that day, and was intercepted by the offender. It wouldn’t surprise me. Brownwood isn’t known for its corrupt LEO, and court system. Thankfully, most of those leaders are either retired, or being replaced.

[FONT=&quot]Grubbs had a suspicion as to who murdered the girl, even though that person — a man — passed a polygraph. “I don’t have the facts to back up my suspicion,” Grubbs said. His suspicion is based on the man’s “close connections to the victim and his past history,” Grubbs said in the 2009 interview.[/FONT]
Grubbs was the Texas Ranger on the case originally and then elected sheriff of the county. The article talks about someone being arrested, but the title is "unsolved". So I'm confused
[FONT=&quot]After sheriff’s deputies arrested a suspect last November, McDaniel called Shank and exclaimed “we got him, we got him.”[/FONT]

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/news/201...amanda-goodman-as-her-murder-remains-unsolved

I remember this very well. My uncle found her on his way home from work. As the tend to in Brownwood, Rumors went rampant. I was 9 at the time, so I believed about all of them. The one that seemed to run in our circles the most, was that it was either the pastor, or a police officer. Story has it, that she was planning to report some sexual misconduct that day, and was intercepted by the offender. It wouldn’t surprise me. Brownwood isn’t known for its corrupt LEO, and court system. Thankfully, most of those leaders are either retired, or being replaced.
I was wondering about a police officer. Since a news article stated she was going to the school about over hearing about drug dealing. But also stated that she wasn’t sexually abused “the day of” the murder. So what I’m wandering is if she overheard about the drugs someone found out BEFORE she got to tell the principal possibly raped her? That persons father was part of law enforcement, told what had happened and to keep their kid safe, shot her? Feeling some remorse laid (propped) her up the way they did because of her age and what they had done knowing it was wrong but did what they felt had to to protect their own child. So many theories on this.

I’m in Brownwood this weekend. I have a couple of LEO friends that I’ll be spending time with hunting. I’m going to see if I can get them a bit more interested in this case. I know one of them remembers the case well, as we were both kids. I’ll report back.

I’m in Brownwood this weekend. I have a couple of LEO friends that I’ll be spending time with hunting. I’m going to see if I can get them a bit more interested in this case. I know one of them remembers the case well, as we were both kids. I’ll report back.
thank you for the information. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Are we sure she attended school that day? It’s a very tight timeline. One hour from leaving school. And if she was 10 miles away, that’s 10-15 minute travel time. Could this have been an accident? Kids goofing off, playing around with a gun? Obviously, it seems more sinister as kids do talk.

The paper cup is interesting. Reminds me of Danny’s Song....love the girl who holds the world in a paper cup, drink it up, love her and she’ll bring you luck.

Hi. I was listening to Gray Hughes Investigates on YouTube. He had a family friend on his show who continues to fight for justice for Amanda. Opened my eyes to this sad case. 30 years is far too long without answers. So sad.

I was wondering about a police officer. Since a news article stated she was going to the school about over hearing about drug dealing. But also stated that she wasn’t sexually abused “the day of” the murder. So what I’m wandering is if she overheard about the drugs someone found out BEFORE she got to tell the principal possibly raped her? That persons father was part of law enforcement, told what had happened and to keep their kid safe, shot her? Feeling some remorse laid (propped) her up the way they did because of her age and what they had done knowing it was wrong but did what they felt had to to protect their own child. So many theories on this.
Hi. I was listening to Gray Hughes Investigates on YouTube. He had a family friend on his show who continues to fight for justice for Amanda. Opened my eyes to this sad case. 30 years is far too long without answers. So sad.
Thank you, this case needs resolution. I don't care if the perp is 1001, or dead. I want him exposed and shown to be the shameful mess that he is, not only for committing this deed, but for hiding it for all these years. Let's expose him.

Nothing new as of yet. My friend is now the chief deputy of Brown county, so I always ask if anything new has come up. What’s sad to me is that if this young lady had been a member of a well-to-do Brownwood family, then it would have been solved. I still think a cop had something to do with it. When Virgil Cowan was chief, the force was very much a good ol boy club.

I’m in Brownwood tonight and tomorrow. I took some extra time and drove down Indian Creek Road before I checked into hotel. I came across on 2126 which is south of town a bit and turned down CR237 which is Indian Creek Road continued. I mixed up at first and went down 45 which has Camp Bowie on the corner. Figured out I was in wrong spot and turned around. Just a bit down CR237 starts. On the corner are some houses on east side. West side of road is TX Dept of Criminal Justice Thomas R Havins Unit (est 1994). Road is minimally maintained but decent, as you drive down it’s ranches and the Solid Municipal Waste Facility. Kept driving and the road got really narrow, barely two cars wide. Lots of ranches and cows, big land from the looks of it. At about 8 miles down the road I found a white cross on the east side of the road, just on edge of ditch under a mesquite tree. No markings I could see to indicate if it’s the spot or not. The 9 miles south of town always bothered me, 9 miles from edge of town or 9 miles from center of town. I may not have gone far enough and this may not even be it. It’s about 1 mile give or take from Indian Creek Cemetery. Otherwise there isn’t much else out there. I took some videos and pictures. I marked the location on the satellite view on my phone.
Driving back I measured the distance again but I don’t know where the edge of town would have been in 1989, I drove past some newer stuff on Indian Creek heading into town, so it’s a bit vague not being from here. I can remove the images if they aren’t okay. I can’t guarantee it’s the location, could be coincidence.

ETA: also this road runs north south for the most part, even beyond the curve it’s not really East west. So I wasn’t sure how she was found on the north side of the road, other than northbound side.

If this doesn’t seem like it’s it, I can try driving further the next time I’m up here, in about a month. Wanted to get to hotel before dark.

Attachments

• 5FFCC77E-5297-44FE-A8D7-700C6CD837E3.jpeg
    5FFCC77E-5297-44FE-A8D7-700C6CD837E3.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 70E90AA2-255F-464A-9912-26D150B6D6C9.jpeg
    70E90AA2-255F-464A-9912-26D150B6D6C9.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 9
  • FFEAF33E-E96B-4A3A-9FC1-68A139A7472C.jpeg
    FFEAF33E-E96B-4A3A-9FC1-68A139A7472C.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 10
  • BD3C0889-73D6-483A-AC1F-6CC9F6482DDA.jpeg
    BD3C0889-73D6-483A-AC1F-6CC9F6482DDA.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 489D00F4-ADC9-42D3-97AD-A86F40F78FE3.jpeg
    489D00F4-ADC9-42D3-97AD-A86F40F78FE3.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 10
  • CB7B91B1-B38E-4556-A4CB-7B622A138CD7.jpeg
    CB7B91B1-B38E-4556-A4CB-7B622A138CD7.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 9
  • 4F504778-50F8-48F1-A585-FCD455DB0940.jpeg
    4F504778-50F8-48F1-A585-FCD455DB0940.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 8
I’m in Brownwood tonight and tomorrow. I took some extra time and drove down Indian Creek Road before I checked into hotel. I came across on 2126 which is south of town a bit and turned down CR237 which is Indian Creek Road continued. I mixed up at first and went down 45 which has Camp Bowie on the corner. Figured out I was in wrong spot and turned around. Just a bit down CR237 starts. On the corner are some houses on east side. West side of road is TX Dept of Criminal Justice Thomas R Havins Unit (est 1994). Road is minimally maintained but decent, as you drive down it’s ranches and the Solid Municipal Waste Facility. Kept driving and the road got really narrow, barely two cars wide. Lots of ranches and cows, big land from the looks of it. At about 8 miles down the road I found a white cross on the east side of the road, just on edge of ditch under a mesquite tree. No markings I could see to indicate if it’s the spot or not. The 9 miles south of town always bothered me, 9 miles from edge of town or 9 miles from center of town. I may not have gone far enough and this may not even be it. It’s about 1 mile give or take from Indian Creek Cemetery. Otherwise there isn’t much else out there. I took some videos and pictures. I marked the location on the satellite view on my phone.
Driving back I measured the distance again but I don’t know where the edge of town would have been in 1989, I drove past some newer stuff on Indian Creek heading into town, so it’s a bit vague not being from here. I can remove the images if they aren’t okay. I can’t guarantee it’s the location, could be coincidence.

ETA: also this road runs north south for the most part, even beyond the curve it’s not really East west. So I wasn’t sure how she was found on the north side of the road, other than northbound side.

If this doesn’t seem like it’s it, I can try driving further the next time I’m up here, in about a month. Wanted to get to hotel before dark.

I played with google maps. That spot on the curve is 8.7 miles from the Brownwood Middle School.
I believe trees generally grow out and add length at the ends so I was sort of looking for just a larger version of the 3 split tree in Grays video showing crime scene photos. If the middle one broke or fell with time, it does look similar. Background would have changed with growth of mesquite trees with time I would think, especially if pasture wasn’t maintained with time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back