TX TX - Amber Hagerman, 9, Arlington, 17 Jan 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police are hoping new technology will help in their investigation and will be submitting the small sample of DNA they collected. They’re asking for the public’s help, offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and established a special tipline: (817) 575-8823. Those who want to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers of Tarrant County at (817) 469-TIPS (8477).

Police released photos taken of the creek where Amber’s body was found, hoping someone will remember something and come forward.
*Photos at link

A police description of the suspect:

• White or Hispanic male
  • Age – 20s or 30s
  • Under 6-feet-tall
  • Medium build
  • Brown or black hair
The suspects vehicle:

• 1980s or 1990s Pickup Truck
  • Full size, fleet side pickup truck
  • Black, no chrome or striping
  • Short wheel base
  • Single Cab
  • Rear window was clear, with no sliding window
  • Truck was in good condition, with no visible damage
Arlington Police release new photos in murder of 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, whose abduction launched AMBER alert | KAMR - MyHighPlains.com

OUR VIEWPOINT: Alert program has saved children's lives

State Trooper Johnny Bures says Texas was the first state to establish an AMBER Alert program.

"Since 2002 we've had 251 AMBER Alerts and we've found or recovered 263 children off of that. So, some of those had multiple children that were missing, you know, maybe siblings that were together," Bures said.
AMBER Alert helps locate 263 Texas children since 2002

[URL="https://www.wltx.com/article/news/crime/unsolved-case-amber-hagerman-arlington-kidnapped-created-amber-alert-system/499-c85efb02-c78f-492f-8d3d-8c541c55a619"]Texas abduction case that inspired AMBER Alert system is unsolved | wltx.com
[/URL]

https://twitter.com/ArlingtonPD/status/1349469108719521792

!!!!!!!!!! & Can’t wait. Rooting for APD!
@Kell1 Your post gives me new life. Your spirit jumps off the page. The Detective’s words and emotions also are doing this for me. I can almost hear his heart trembling as he speaks. Wow, I’m getting emotional. Oh, I’m trying to hold the tears in. I can’t.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 kids myself and Crimes against children are my area of study .

On top of that my mother was lets just say a SEVERE advocate, of the worst things on earth happening to those who harm children, instilled in me not only an awareness of the "boogeyman" but a fire and hatred for them,

Not to mention and a deep seated desire to root out those out there who "do terrible things to kids" , we watched HBO specials on missing kids in the 80's featuring kids like Johnny Gosch, and Etan Patz

She was 100 times, more fierce and vocal about it too, I wont even go into what she did when Gary Plauche shot and killed Jeff Doucet live on TV

When she found out that a former classmate of hers, was a serial murderer, she spent 2 weeks going off on what a he was in school

So yes, I have a fire and a passion to find and prosecute (to keep it politically correct) those who will, have , and want to harm children

Last edited:
@Kell1 Your post gives me new life. Your spirit jumps off the page. The Detective’s words and emotions also are doing this for me. I can almost hear his heart trembling as he speaks. Wow, I’m getting emotional. Oh, I’m trying to hold the tears in. I can’t.

I have 2 kids myself and Crimes against children are my area of study .

On top of that my mother was lets just say a SEVERE advocate, of the worst things on earth happening to those who harm children, instilled in me not only an awareness of the "boogeyman" but a fire and hatred for them,

Not to mention and a deep seated desire to root out those out there who "do terrible things to kids" , we watched HBO specials on missing kids in the 80's featuring kids like Johnny Gosch, and Etan Patz

She was 100 times, more fierce and vocal about it too, I wont even go into what she did when Gary Plauche shot and killed Jeff Doucet live on TV

When she found out that a former classmate of hers, was a serial murderer, she spent 2 weeks going off on what a *** he was in school

So yes, I have a fire and a passion to find and prosecute (to keep it politically correct) those who will, have , and want to harm children[/QUOTE]
I’m inspired. So inspired I changed my signature.
Thank you. I’m a survivor of severe child abuse.

As soon as February, police said they plan to submit evidence to a lab that will use a new process to try to develop a DNA profile that could lead to a suspect. Investigators said the evidence, which they would not describe, has been reviewed several times since the murder, including by the FBI.

They cautioned there is not much evidence, and this is only an attempt. However, new techniques in developing DNA profiles have led to a break in cold cases over the past year, including the 1974 murder of Carla Walker in Fort Worth. Othram, a forensics lab in the Woodlands, was able to develop a DNA and use genealogy to lead investigators toward a suspect in that case.

25 Years Later: Arlington Police Renews Public Interest In Amber Hagerman Case As Search For Suspect Continues

To actually see the pics of the creek area I have only tried to visualize over the years is surreal. Is that a house to the right of the marked off creek pic?
I know, right!?! I just could not "see" it on a regular map. The proximity to the house on River Rock Circle is unbelievable. This was a very, very nice area at the time full of newer expensive homes. I had a lot of friends/classmates that lived there.

I know, right!?! I just could not "see" it on a regular map. The proximity to the house on River Rock Circle is unbelievable. This was a very, very nice area at the time full of newer expensive homes. I had a lot of friends/classmates that lived there.
Ty for the insight of that neighborhood back then. I realize LE believe her body to have floated downstream due to the storm but I wonder if they questioned neighbors in that area anyway at the time?

Jan 16 2021 rbbm.
CRIME HUNTER: Cold case notebooks closer to closure | Toronto Sun
''AMBER HAGERMAN – 1996

It is unlikely Amber Hagerman ever sought fame in her short, tragic life but 25 years after she was kidnapped and murdered in Arlington, Texas, her name has become synonymous with children in peril.

The AMBER Alert was named for her.

It was Jan. 13, 1996, when the nine-year-old met her killer and the monster who committed the horrific crime remains at large. Now, cops are submitting evidence they obtained in the original investigation to a lab in the hopes of obtaining a more complete DNA profile of her killer.

“Because the technology is new and it’s advanced we are excited that this year, hopefully by February, we will submit this new evidence to see if we can get an enhanced DNA profile,” said Arlington Assistant Police Chief Kevin Kolbye, adding that he wasn’t going to be specific about what evidence his detectives would be submitting.

It has never been revealed whether Amber was sexually assaulted.

“I miss her every day,” Donna Williams, Amber’s mother, said. “She was just so full of life and I want to know why. Why her? She was only a little girl.”

Her killer has never been found. NCMEC blog: Still Searching for Amber's Killer

In the parking lot where she was abducted, Arlington Police held a news conference to honor Amber’s incredible legacy – her Jan. 13, 1996 abduction and murder inspired the creation of AMBER Alerts which so far have directly led to the safe recovery of 1,029 abducted children – but also to assure Amber’s family and the public that they haven’t stopped looking for Amber’s killer.

“I implore the media and public to ensure the focus on this 25th anniversary of Amber’s kidnapping remains on finding the killer and bringing him to justice,” said Donna Williams, Amber’s mother. “I miss her every day. I want to know why her – she was just a little girl,” she said, then addressed the killer: “Please turn yourself in.”

Police are hoping new technology will help in their investigation and will be submitting the small sample of DNA they collected. They’re asking for the public’s help, offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and established a special tipline:

(817) 575-8823. Those who want to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers of Tarrant County at (817) 469-TIPS (8477).

Police released photos taken of the creek where Amber’s body was found, hoping someone will remember something and come forward: (credit Arlington Police)

1. Amber’s pink bicycle recovered in the parking lot where she was abducted.
  2. Creek where Amber’s body was found.
  3. Aerial of area where Amber’s body was found with labels made by detectives.
  4. Original “Missing” flyer police created after her abduction on Jan. 13, 1996. (note, last name misspelled)
  5. Photo of Amber provided to police by her family.
Suspect description:

• White or Hispanic male
  • Age – 20s or 30s
  • Under 6-feet-tall
  • Medium build
  • Brown or black hair
Suspect vehicle:

• 1980s or 1990s Pickup Truck
  • Full size, fleet side pickup truck
  • Black, no chrome or striping
  • Short wheel base
  • Single Cab
  • Rear window was clear, with no sliding window
  • Truck was in good condition, with no visible damage
Police release new photos in murder of 9-year-old Amber Hagerman | Local News Only

upload_2021-1-19_16-5-6.gif

Apartment complex is interesting

Apartment complex is interesting
Yeah, all of the apartments off of Green Oaks Blvd at the time were relatively new and on the nicer side. Sort of a yuppie environment. Any blatantly unsavory-looking characters would have likely stood out. Do you think the area where the body was found demonstrates familiarity with the location?

Yeah, all of the apartments off of Green Oaks Blvd at the time were relatively new and on the nicer side. Sort of a yuppie environment. Any blatantly unsavory-looking characters would have likely stood out. Do you think the area where the body was found demonstrates familiarity with the location?

Yes , not only that, but the victim was abducted less than 1.5 miles from where she was found , most likely someone who lives in that area ,

The Body recovery site is extremely important, and here's why

in these cases, we find that most killers of child victims, abducted for sexual purposes, take the victim to a place they know they stand the best chance of committing the act, then escaping unseen...

They almost always go somewhere they know

Remember these cases, attract a lot of media attention, police and the public are looking everywhere , its a very "hot" environment .

Now another thing we've come to find , is that there's a weird spatial rule that we've found to be extremely consistent in child abduction murder cases, that is where the victim is murdered and where their body is found is usually within 200 feet from each other .

IE, Most victims are killed only feet from where they are found, if not in the same spot .

Now in this case, theres a chance rain and heavy flooding moved her body from another area to that spot, but if not , then the area surrounding area is VERY interesting

Offenders in these type cases, take victims, where they feel safe, they don't want to be seen with the victim. It is however easier to move a living victim than a deceased one .

Another interesting fact is many of them revisit the body after they've left the victim there , but that usually is only as long as the victim hasn't been discovered.

So not only is it possible and likely he lived nearby, theres a chance he revisited the area where she was.

Some say she was kept alive for a period of time, however, I struggle to think it was more than a few hours after she was abducted. Its something like 100% after 24 hours

You said those apartments were still being developed back then?

From your link.

“All this time, we’ve only had one witness,” Sgt. Ben Lopez, a member of the original task force, said during a Jan. 13 news conference. “That’s why we’re pleading, if there’s anyone out there that has information — even if they think it’s just a small bit of information — (it) may be the lead we need to break this.”

Do you have information on the Jan. 13, 1996, abduction and murder of Amber Hagerman? Call Arlington detectives at 817-575-8823.

Authorities have also disclosed for the first time that they have DNA evidence in the case. As new DNA technology, including genetic genealogy, increasingly helps law enforcement tie open cases to long-unidentified suspects, Arlington investigators find themselves with renewed hope.

Detective Grant Gildon, the lead investigator on the cold case, declined to tell the Dallas Morning News what physical evidence the department has in the case, citing it as information only Amber’s killer would be aware of. That evidence has been secured and maintained for the past 25 years with the hope that it could someday provide a vital lead.

He said at last week’s news conference that the evidence would be submitted later this year for testing.

“On a yearly basis, I talk with all the major laboratories around the country to see if there are any new technologies or anything we could possibly be trying with the evidence that we have,” Gildon told reporters gathered in the parking lot from which Amber was taken. “That is what’s led to some new developments where we can try some things this year.”

@Kell1 IIRC the apartments were built around the same time as the neighborhood (1980s), if not a little bit later. So they were well established by 1996. Forest Hills

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation
Back