TX TX - Armaidre Antwan Marquie Argumon, 5 weeks old, Wells, Cherokee Co., 18 Sep 2020 *dad arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Thursday, September 24, 2020, the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department and TDCJ will be searching the Wells area. The search will start on Forest Road around 8:00 am. We ask that everyone avoid the search area so they can search as much as possible. They will have the search dogs from TDCJ and low flying helicopters helping with the search for baby Armaidre.

Wells Police Department
Interesting. They start searching on day 7? I wonder why now. Maybe the father is finally talking?

I managed to miss this last night. I know Ms. Russell spoke at the PC but I missed some of what is described in this article:

The Deep East Texas Regional Amber Alert program covers nine counties. The program is designed to help locate missing children in these areas.
“We can offer several services, anywhere from counseling to the families and police officers involved, if needed. All the way up to providing media liaison. Also we coordinate with law enforcement on searches, bringing in resources that are needed,” Russell said. “We also utilize locals that know the areas, that know the woods, that know the cities, and we just come together as a big partnership to try, with one goal in mind, which is to save our community’s children.”
Regional Amber Alert program assisting in search for missing Wells baby
I wonder if they've been in touch with family members. I believe Armaidre's mom hasn't spoken to the media? I'm not sure that would help anyway at this point. :(

Updated September 24 at 7:51 PM

WELLS, Texas (KTRE) - Today search dogs and a drone were added to search efforts for the missing baby from Wells.

The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office, Wells Police Department, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, search dogs, and drones were searching for baby Armaidre along Forest Road. Wells Police says this is the last place the baby was seen with his father DeAndre Argumon.

“So we began, of course, at ground zero. At the house where the baby was last seen, where we know that the baby was at that location last Friday, and we’ve expanded out from there,” said Steve Cooper with the Wells Police Department. “And we had several other tips in different locations in and around Wells, and they now have expanded to those locations.”

Last Friday, Cooper says they had K-9′s searching the greater area and came back with negative results. Today cadaver dogs were searching the area.

Cadaver dogs and drone added to help in search for missing Wells baby

Updated September 25 at 8:27 PM

WELLS, Texas (KTRE) - It has now been a week since Armaidre Argumon went missing. Tonight, he is still missing and the search for him continues.

Cherokee County Sheriff Brent Dickson says the baby’s father DeAndre Argumon was not supposed to be in possession of the child, because of stipulations about him being on parole.

Officials say there have been no leads from the cadaver dogs and drone search that was conducted yesterday.

Search for Wells infant continues one week after disappearance

Updated September 25 at 8:27 PM

WELLS, Texas (KTRE) - It has now been a week since Armaidre Argumon went missing. Tonight, he is still missing and the search for him continues.

Cherokee County Sheriff Brent Dickson says the baby’s father DeAndre Argumon was not supposed to be in possession of the child, because of stipulations about him being on parole.

Officials say there have been no leads from the cadaver dogs and drone search that was conducted yesterday.

Search for Wells infant continues one week after disappearance
Oh great, three days out of jail and the father was not to have Armaidre but grandmother lets him babysit while she runs errands. Was DeAndre also staying with her? SMH.

We have another case here where a father left his son with the mother even though he signed an agreement with CPS not to leave her alone with him. She murdered little Frankie. And in that case dad was arrested too for abandoning a child and injury by omission.

Sometimes there's a good reason to have these orders in place. MOO.

Usually I feel a foster placement with a relative is best, because it's less traumatic for the child than with strangers, but this was an infant. If they were loving, he wouldn't have known the difference and would have been better off. He should have gone to a safe non-relative foster home. :(

REWARD OFFERED: Money offered for information on missing Wells baby

120107175_3198167320233135_7088766098485455394_n.jpg

5-week-old Armaidre Antwan Maquie Argumon was last seen with his father on Sept. 18 around 7:30 a.m. in the 500 block of Old Forest Road in Wells.

The father, DeAndre Argumon, has been arrested on unrelated charges and is currently being held in the Cherokee County Jail. Argumon has been uncooperative with law enforcement on the whereabouts of his son.

On Sept. 24, local law enforcement did an extensive search in the area of Old Forest Rd. K-9s, a helicopter, and drone searched in a greater area and came back with negative results.

According to Steve Cooper of the Wells Police Department, “It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. We might have missed something small in the previous searches such as clothing or diapers. So far nothing has led us to any conclusions.”

REWARD OFFERED: Money offered for information on missing Wells baby

120107175_3198167320233135_7088766098485455394_n.jpg

5-week-old Armaidre Antwan Maquie Argumon was last seen with his father on Sept. 18 around 7:30 a.m. in the 500 block of Old Forest Road in Wells.

The father, DeAndre Argumon, has been arrested on unrelated charges and is currently being held in the Cherokee County Jail. Argumon has been uncooperative with law enforcement on the whereabouts of his son.

On Sept. 24, local law enforcement did an extensive search in the area of Old Forest Rd. K-9s, a helicopter, and drone searched in a greater area and came back with negative results.

According to Steve Cooper of the Wells Police Department, “It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. We might have missed something small in the previous searches such as clothing or diapers. So far nothing has led us to any conclusions.”
The article needs to be updated - according to Sheriff Dickson Deandre Argumon's charges now include endangering and/or abandoning a child which is directly related to Armaidre's disappearance:

Investigators have charged DeAndre Argumon, father of Armaidre Antwan Marquie Argumon, with endangering and/or abandoning a child. Cherokee County Sheriff Brent Dickson announced the charge Tuesday during a news conference while updating the public about the search.
Father of missing 5-week-old in Wells charged in connection with case

But it's good news that a reward is now offered. Hopefully this will be that rare case where someone actually does come forward with information. Crossing my fingers...

They still haven't found him but they did an update anyway:

Search continues for Wells infant

There is a little bit of information that I hadn't heard before:

"He says investigators have interviewed the child’s mother."

“At this point, she is not a suspect,” Dickson said. “Her information is strictly as a witness only and we don’t feel she is part of this at all.”

"Sheriff Dickson says as of now there are no other suspects. He says a multi-agency search like they had last week with search dogs and a drone is not scheduled because of the broad search area. Authorities did locate and search both vehicles they were looking for but found no evidence. A reward is still being offered."

This is so sad , the sperm donor needs to just talk already . I don’t understand how the grandmother thought it was ok to leave the baby with someone so messed up . If the sperm donor wasn’t suppose to be around the baby why was he left with him . Things like this are preventable . Children aren’t ment to be disposable moo jmoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back