Found Safe TX - Ashlee Hatterman, 13, Harris County, 2 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I read she told her mom in spring about this guy, but never saw how that was handled. I would have had her phone locked down for real.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They did even more than that per the link in the first post....

[FONT=&amp]Keith and Tiffany Hattermann say they discovered their daughter was exchanging graphic sexual images and messages last May through her phone, by using the covert messaging apps.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The couple says they took away their daughter’s phone and turned it over to HCSO’s Cyber Crimes Division. They say when they tried to get updates on the status of their case, deputies would not return their phone calls or emails.

The Hattermann’s say they learned yesterday from one of their daughter’s friends that Ashlee had been communicating with someone on an iPhone for months in the Thornton Middle School library.
[/FONT]

http://www.12news.com/mobile/articl...hter-ran-away-to-meet-man-in-mexico/496423133

They did even more than that per the link in the first post....

[FONT=&amp]Keith and Tiffany Hattermann say they discovered their daughter was exchanging graphic sexual images and messages last May through her phone, by using the covert messaging apps.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The couple says they took away their daughter’s phone and turned it over to HCSO’s Cyber Crimes Division. They say when they tried to get updates on the status of their case, deputies would not return their phone calls or emails.

The Hattermann’s say they learned yesterday from one of their daughter’s friends that Ashlee had been communicating with someone on an iPhone for months in the Thornton Middle School library.
[/FONT]

http://www.12news.com/mobile/articl...hter-ran-away-to-meet-man-in-mexico/496423133
And from that same link -

"The parents say they do not know where Ashlee may have gotten the phone.

Tiffany Hattermann said her daughter told her last spring the man she was communicating with is 29 years old and lives in Mexico."

Sounds like she got an old phone from a friend and since she didn't have service used the library's WIFI.

Those poor parents. I had a teenager like that, she fought me at every turn. It wasn't till she was 20 that she thanked me for being strict. I pray Ashley gets a chance to thank her parents.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How a grown man could prey on a girl of her age is pretty messed up. I hope she is found and he is jailed.

~Who is the Belle Chasse John Doe?~

How a grown man could prey on a girl of her age is pretty messed up. I hope she is found and he is jailed.

If he’s a sex trafficker, and I suspect he is, someone Ashley’s age lacking experience is perfect for his clients. It interests me that he has been
patiently grooming her for almost a year. He could probably get young Mexican girls from poor homes more easily, but an American girl must have more value. Or he can charge ransom.

This is chilling...

[FONT=&quot]“We found a note in her room,” said Ashlee’s father Keith Hattermann. “She calls the guy ‘daddy’ and herself ‘baby girl.’ [The note read] ‘Daddy owns my body and my soul,' over and over and over again.”

[/FONT]
http://www.12news.com/mobile/articl...y-to-meet-man-in-mexico/496423133?scroll=3048

If he’s a sex trafficker, and I suspect he is, someone Ashley’s age lacking experience is perfect for his clients. It interests me that he has been
patiently grooming her for almost a year. He could probably get young Mexican girls from poor homes more easily, but an American girl must have more value. Or he can charge ransom.

This is chilling...

[FONT=&quot]“We found a note in her room,” said Ashlee’s father Keith Hattermann. “She calls the guy ‘daddy’ and herself ‘baby girl.’ [The note read] ‘Daddy owns my body and my soul,' over and over and over again.”

[/FONT]
http://www.12news.com/mobile/articl...y-to-meet-man-in-mexico/496423133?scroll=3048
Lets hope the border patrol catches her before she gets across and to him. It's terrifying to think that happens to young girls.

How does it work for US persons on a bus crossing the border? Ashley’s bus ticket was purchased by somebody else. When crossing the border, are all bus passengers checked?
My understanding is that her bus ticket was to Laredo, TX. Not actually crossing the border while still aboard the bus.

My understanding is that her bus ticket was to Laredo, TX. Not actually crossing the border while still aboard the bus.

Ohhhh.....thank you for the correction.

But it looks like she is in Mexico...

FBI SanAntonio
✔
@FBISanAntonio
FBI San Antonio Laredo office joined in investigation of missing 13-year-old Ashlee Hattermann, last seen in Katy, TX on Friday, 12/1. Ashlee traveled to Laredo, TX & crossed into Mexico late Friday. She is 5'7", 130lbs, long brown hair, blue eyes. Call FBI 210-225-6741
5:29 PM - Dec 3, 2017

Thirteen?? This is terrifying! I have a 13 year old daughter (turns 14 soon) and I get nervous just letting her cross the street to go to the bus stop.

I pray they find her before it's too late! What a sicko luring an innocent child this way!!!

So she’s been in Mexico for two days. I expect she’s well hidden. Here’s hoping the investigation has already identified this man and can find them quickly. I’m just sick for the parents... and their little girl.

So she’s been in Mexico for two days. I expect she’s well hidden. Here’s hoping the investigation has already identified this man and can find them quickly. I’m just sick for the parents... and their little girl.

This case is very worrisome. She's 13 and in a foreign country.

jmo

Although authorities confirmed that Ashlee got off the bus in Laredo, they haven't tracked down her whereabouts since then and were unable to confirm her mother's belief that she's already in Mexico.

"I know they're saying he's a human trafficker but we don't have anything saying that yet," Gilliland said. "Right now, we're still treating this as a runaway."

The Department of Homeland Security is assisting in the case, and the sheriff's office has widely distributed the teen's picture online and in Laredo to help track her down.

"Our efforts are focusing on the Laredo area, where we've had some reports of possible sightings," said HCSO spokesman Jason Spencer. "We feel confident right now that our best leads are in Laredo."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ld-Katy-runaway-may-be-in-Mexico-12401946.php

Oh my word - here I was thinking there is nothing that can be done by the public, but this needs to get out there. Is there a missing page?

Although authorities confirmed that Ashlee got off the bus in Laredo, they haven't tracked down her whereabouts since then and were unable to confirm her mother's belief that she's already in Mexico.

"I know they're saying he's a human trafficker but we don't have anything saying that yet," Gilliland said. "Right now, we're still treating this as a runaway."

The Department of Homeland Security is assisting in the case, and the sheriff's office has widely distributed the teen's picture online and in Laredo to help track her down.

"Our efforts are focusing on the Laredo area, where we've had some reports of possible sightings," said HCSO spokesman Jason Spencer. "We feel confident right now that our best leads are in Laredo."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ld-Katy-runaway-may-be-in-Mexico-12401946.php

Okay, that sounds hopeful that she didn't cross the border. I hope they are right.

jmo

From the link above, it looks like the FBI and HCSO are not on the same page. It also looks like a disagreement between the sheriff and parents about how much was done about the report last spring.

FBI says...
"We are working with Mexican authorities in an effort to locate her in Mexico, but we are also seeking any information anyone in the United States may have which may help us find her," spokeswoman Michelle Lee said in an email.

The disagreement with the sheriff...

"There's been an ongoing case since May of last school year when she was talking online with a sexual predator," Hattermann said. "It was investigated by the Harris County Sheriff's Office and unfortunately they never followed up with it."
Gilliland disputed that. "It has been investigated," he said. "It wasn't just put on a shelf."

Oh my word - here I was thinking there is nothing that can be done by the public, but this needs to get out there. Is there a missing page?

They haven’t classified her as a missing person but as a runaway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back