TX - Atatiana Jefferson, 28, fatally shot at home, Fort Worth, Oct 2019 *officer charged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The beginning shots of the indoor scene near the open front door seems a mess, looks like broken light bulb or something broken on the floor. Could there have been actually been an intruder or a domestic incident?

In no way is this casting blame on Ms. Jefferson. Just trying to understand how this hell unfolded.
I agree it looks a mess, but I don’t see “a broken lightbulb.” I just see a mess. I’m sure LE see many different environments; not everyone lives the same. A mess should not indicate a crime to a responding officer, IMO.

I agree it looks a mess, but I don’t see “a broken lightbulb.” I just see a mess. I’m sure LE see many different environments; not everyone lives the same. A mess should not indicate a crime to a responding officer, IMO.

No, I agree. But they had been told that it was unusual for the door to be open at that hour, so if they saw a mess through the open door, maybe they thought something was up.

No, I agree. But they had been told that it was unusual for the door to be open at that hour, so if they saw a mess through the open door, maybe they thought something was up.
Sure, fair enough. But the murderer was scared and/or trigger happy, IMO. This was not the appropriate response to seeing someone in the window.

This makes me sick! :mad:

I'm glad this officer had his body cam on atleast and that it was released to the public quickly.
Imagine being grateful about any other profession merely following the bare minimum of their own policies. SMH.

But still, I am glad for that at least. And sadly a lot of people have had to die for even that to be followed protocol.

Here’s the thing. If she did have a gun pointed at them, that makes total sense!! She was in her own home, she hadn’t called the police, they certainly didn’t announce themselves, they didn’t knock on her front door... they were slinking around in the dark in her back yard! She SHOULD HAVE had a gun pointed at them. (Mind you, I don’t think she did... which makes it even more tragic.)

If anyone in this scenario deserved to be shot, it was the officer(s) unannounced in her back yard in the middle of the night. He had NO RIGHT to shoot her. None.

And if he followed actual police procedure, we need all new procedures. Like, yesterday.

YES, like maybe waiting between the first command to put your hands and shooting an innocent person. I can't believe this is happening again :(

It was her HOME. If the doors are open, the lights are all on and the place is a total mess- that's her HOME. They didn't knock on the door, call out to announce they were there, nothing. And shot her thru a window. Holy crap, what have we become? There's no EXCUSE for this!

If that police officer was there for a well fare check why didn't he yell "POLICE" when he very first came to the open door? Especially since the neighbor called the non-emergency number and told them there was no arguing and no domestic abuse.

How did the police not hear anything from inside the house with the door open, like normal family sounds? It couldn't have just been silence if they were up playing video games.

So how did this unfold, and why were they sneaking around? That they were so quick to release the body cam makes me wonder what the police angle is, and if they have something else that they consider mitigating circumstances. Just because there was a gun in the house doesn't mean she was pointing it at them, and even if she was, it was her home and she didn't know who they were because they didn't announce themselves. So what happened? What did the police think was going on?

How did the police not hear anything from inside the house with the door open, like normal family sounds? It couldn't have just been silence if they were up playing video games.

So how did this unfold, and why were they sneaking around? That they were so quick to release the body cam makes me wonder what the police angle is, and if they have something else that they consider mitigating circumstances. Just because there was a gun in the house doesn't mean she was pointing it at them, and even if she was, it was her home and she didn't know who they were because they didn't announce themselves. So what happened? What did the police think was going on?
Yep. It’s her castle. Anyone from the Botham Jean thread coming over will be all to familiar with TX Castle Doctrine.

Last edited:
Family of Woman Shot, Killed Inside Home by FW Police Retains Attorney
The family of a woman shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer in her own home have retained an attorney.

The shooting happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday on the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue. Inside the home, the family of 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson said she was watching her 8-year-old nephew.

"She didn't do anything wrong, but she's inside of her home, trying to protect her home and my son that's inside. She's not a threat. She's a college graduate," Jefferson's older sister Amber Carr said. "You want to see justice, but justice don't bring my sister back."
More at link . . .

Atatiana Jefferson: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

...”In 2014, she shared a petition on her page and wrote: “When you do the crime you do the time. Crimes cannot go unpunished no matter what they are. It makes a mockery of the U.S justice system if people feel comfortable enough to commit crimes. Whether this was his normal behavior or not, he should still be dealt with like any other person in that situation. If I speed I will get a ticket. I may not normally speed but that doesn’t change the fact that I have a ticket. Unless this man has a mental illness or a massive brain tumor that impaired his judgement he needs to be properly dealt with.”

RIP Tay, praying for justice

‘We’re tired of this.’ Black community leaders speak after woman killed by officer.

Inside of Greater Saint Stephen First Church there was anger, frustration and the feeling this is all too familiar.

More than 10 African-American community leaders and pastors gathered in the chapel around noon Saturday, visibly processing their emotions in the wake of the news that a white Fort Worth officer fatally shot a black woman in her home on East Allen Avenue a little after 2 a.m. A neighbor, James Smith, had noticed her doors were open and lights were on, so he called police to conduct a welfare check.

The woman who was killed was Atatiana Jefferson, 28, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office.

More at link . . .
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article236078063.html

The family of a woman shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer in her own home have retained an attorney.

The shooting happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday on the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue. Inside the home, the family of 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson said she was watching her 8-year-old nephew.

"She didn't do anything wrong, but she's inside of her home, trying to protect her home and my son that's inside. She's not a threat. She's a college graduate," Jefferson's older sister Amber Carr said. "You want to see justice, but justice don't bring my sister back."
More at link . . .
My heart has broken. The LEOs allegedly performed life saving measures. She was pronounced dead at her home. Her 8 year old nephew probably witnessed this all. I have no words.

Last edited:
My heart has broken. The LEOs allegedly performed life saving measures. She was pronounced dead at her home. Her 8 year old nephew probably witnessed this all. I have no words.
My heart is done too.

And I’m here struggling to find sense in this. How did we as a society get here? And how can we possibly stop this?

My heart is done too.

And I’m here struggling to find sense in this. How did we as a society get here? And how can we possibly stop this?

Why are we in a shoot first mentality. I can't believe we are in this situation again in the same area. The officer perceived a threat outside of the window? WHAT? Seriously?

And how bad must that neighbor feel? I mean he called the non-emergency number to ask for someone to check on her.

OMG. Just read this on another forum. Expect riots.

This is terrifying. Any hot shot psycho cop can shoot you for NOTHING. Not like that hasn't been going on for a long time but now you can't even have your own damn door open without getting murdered! I suppose an open window will be next.

This isn't the first welfare check where cops have murdered someone.

This will be made into a race issue - as if this isn't bad enough. Thank the cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad