Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to contradict you. I think indeed the fall semester was mentioned. Additionally, it seems bio mom and aunt are still seeing Athena often and had plans to see her this weekend. Which IMHO is earlier than the end of the falls semester.

The end of the fall semester would be December 16th for Wise County Public Schools.
I wasn't trying to contradict you, either. I'm pointing out that the statement that Athena "was supposed to be back at her mom's on December 1" was not accurate. It's great if mom and aunt were seeing her regularly while Athena was with dad, and yes, this weekend is before December 16. I was trying to put the December 1st timeline to bed.

(Also, That link is to Wise County, VA, schedule. I linked to the Wise County, Tx school district information, of which there are several in the County, which agrees with the Virginia schedule. :D)

Have they stated what time the stepmom last saw her? That is - what time the argument was? I’ve just read the time that she was discovered missing.
I have seen numerous times, but I have uncharacteristically been all over social media (Athena shares her name with someone close to me so she's really been on my mind) so I'm not sure what is accurate. I'm not sure anyone other than LE know what the answer to this is. :confused:

I have seen numerous times, but I have uncharacteristically been all over social media (Athena shares her name with someone close to me so she's really been on my mind) so I'm not sure what is accurate. I'm not sure anyone other than LE know what the answer to this is. :confused:
I've seen three different times from LE. The missing poster said 5:30, Amber Alert said 5:45, and the sheriff indicated that the argument occurred at 4:45 in a short clip here.

ETA: Transcript - We know that there was a little bit of an argument between her and her stepmom last night, but it wasn't anything unusual, stepmom and child. So there was that argument and mom--stepmom went to fix dinner, came back to get Athena and Athena wasn't in her room. That was at about 4:45 yesterday. Then mom went looking for Athena and she couldn't find her so she called the sheriff's office at about, I think it was 5:41 when she called the sheriffs office. And then that's when we started with all the searches last night.

Last edited:
Is it clear if Athena ran away first and then the parents left? Or are they saying the argument occurred, the parents left and then Athena was missing?

ETA: the transcript above doesn't mention the parents leaving so maybe that is incorrect information. Or the story is change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member