Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
posted at 8:03 on Twitter:
Matt Howerton
@HowertonNews
UPDATE: FBI, DPS, and Wise County Sheriff’s Deputies have cleared the scene.

No one has told us why they were here or what they might have found.
8:03 PM · Dec 2, 2022

Foul play isn't suspected at this time, police said. But they also add that it hasn't been ruled out.

Child Protective Services confirmed to WFAA that they have never had any cases involving Athena. However, sources told WFAA that CPS has visited the home prior to investigate the stepmother and another child.

Police said the father and stepmother are cooperating with their investigation. Akin said they are acting "appropriately" to the situation.

But Athena's mother Maitlyn Gandy and her sister (and Athena's aunt) Keeland Kulbeth said things aren't adding up right now, and that Athena wouldn't just wander off.

Following. This case, IMO, smells of the possibility that something nefarious happened but cannot judge this early on. Interesting that Dad was going hunting and was a distance from "Athena's missing site". Wasn't that perhaps convenient, or was it just a coincidence? There are definitely some family dynamics at play here that, to me, is concerning. I do not believe that she ran away, not at all. I pray she is safe and sound...not abducted nor lost..<modsnip> and random abduction is not high on my list of possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member