Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this guy have any criminal background? How my heart aches for that precious child and all who loved her. You're safely in a better place, Athena, where no harm will ever come to you again.
No, but there's this:

...woman says she was RAPED by killer and has been warning about him for FOUR years...

Horner does not appear to have any previous criminal history.

Also nothing on Medical Examiner site.
Do you know which ME is conducting the autopsy? I can't seem to find a ME's Office on the Wise County site. TIA

If he pleads guilty, so they go straight to sentencing? How does that work. I hope, for Athena’s family, that there’s no lengthy trial. It’s hard not to argue for the DP here. What a monster.
bbm
Agreed 100 %.

Sometimes I think in some trials , that the perp actually relishes hearing the details of the crimes they've committed.
More horror for the grieving families. :(
Imo.

County Judge J.D. Clark | Facebook

DEC 4, 2022
Following Judge Clark's announcement a number of school districts have joined in, calling on their students to show up wearing pink on Monday.

Northwest ISD, Castleberry ISD, Buena Vista ISD and Weatherford ISD are among the school districts asking students to wear pink.

As far as I know - no. Has not had his initial hearing either. Which, if my memory is correct - should happen within 48 hours of arrest... So don't know what is going on.

I keep looking every day in Wise county court site to see when he might have his arraignment.
I saw on channel 4 news last night it’s set for tomorrow sometime. (Monday)

If he pleads guilty, so they go straight to sentencing? How does that work. I hope, for Athena’s family, that there’s no lengthy trial. It’s hard not to argue for the DP here. What a monster.

I really hope Athena’s family do not have to face a lengthy trial too. Unfortunately I will be surprised if he pleads guilty when there is the possibility he will be sentenced to the death penalty. He may attempt to recant his confession if it is accurate that he gave it prior to having the opportunity to speak with a criminal defence attorney. It is extremely unlikely he will not be found guilty given the evidence against him but he has nothing to lose by attempting to get the death penalty off the table.

His criminal defence attorney’s may make an attempt to argue in court to a jury that he should not be sentenced to the death penalty because he is allegedly a father with a young child who wants to see his child grow up. He absolutely deserves the death penalty and in my opinion he gave up the right to see his own child grow up when he decided to harm Athena. But this is unfortunately what his attorneys may attempt to do in order to stop him from being put on death row.

I saw on channel 4 news last night it’s set for tomorrow sometime. (Monday)
Do you recall if it will be an arraignment or just an initial hearing?
Niner, the News Anchor says in the beginning of the video at the link below that, “…will likely be in court Monday for a detention hearing on his $1.5m bond.” This is a Fox4 report from last night.

Thank you for the channel, ChitBrick.

Do you know which ME is conducting the autopsy? I can't seem to find a ME's Office on the Wise County site. TIA

Well, shoot, I'm sorry, I was looking at Tarrant County, which is where I am in Fort Worth.

Well, shoot, I'm sorry, I was looking at Tarrant County, which is where I am in Fort Worth.
Oh don't apologize! I looked there too. I found this in their FAQ's:

I need information on a case that came from a county other than Tarrant, Denton, Johnson, or Parker. Who should I contact?For cases done at the request of a Justice of the Peace or Medical Examiner office in another jurisdiction, contact that judge or office for any information or documents. The Tarrant Co. Medical Examiner's Office cannot give information or documents on those cases.

From that, I determined that Wise County is Precinct 3 but the JOTP site doesn't mention anything about autopsies. ?

Every article I've seen just says that her body was transported to the ME's office but they never say which one! Ugh

Oh don't apologize! I looked there too. I found this in their FAQ's:

I need information on a case that came from a county other than Tarrant, Denton, Johnson, or Parker. Who should I contact?For cases done at the request of a Justice of the Peace or Medical Examiner office in another jurisdiction, contact that judge or office for any information or documents. The Tarrant Co. Medical Examiner's Office cannot give information or documents on those cases.

From that, I determined that Wise County is Precinct 3 but the JOTP site doesn't mention anything about autopsies. ?

Every article I've seen just says that her body was transported to the ME's office but they never say which one! Ugh
Cottonsdale or paradise maybe ? Springtown is really close too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member