Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cottonsdale or paradise maybe ? Springtown is really close too

@PommyMommy Try this link. I’m not sure of the correct precinct, nor if it gives you the wanted information.

Tarrant county maybe.
Thanks for your help. I think I'll just sit back and wait. Tried all of those. Surely it will be reported at some point. MOO

Oh don't apologize! I looked there too. I found this in their FAQ's:

I need information on a case that came from a county other than Tarrant, Denton, Johnson, or Parker. Who should I contact?For cases done at the request of a Justice of the Peace or Medical Examiner office in another jurisdiction, contact that judge or office for any information or documents. The Tarrant Co. Medical Examiner's Office cannot give information or documents on those cases.

From that, I determined that Wise County is Precinct 3 but the JOTP site doesn't mention anything about autopsies. ?

Every article I've seen just says that her body was transported to the ME's office but they never say which one! Ugh
FWIW, Tarrant does a huge volume of autopsies, and nothing anywhere near here, other than Dallas which is a good bit further away, would be likely to handle something this high profile. IMO.

If he is guilty, I believe he did understand what he was doing, understood the consequences for his victim, her family, his family, and himself. I believe he knew it was wrong and could have chosen not to do it. He just didn't believe he'd be caught and didn't care about the consequences to anyone but himself.

The idea that he could not control his impulses is absolutely false in my view. He wasn't insane. He controlled his actions just fine driving to her house and away from it.

We all have impulses all day we choose to either control or act upon. This was an act of evil.

He may not seem smart, but he is smart enough to apply for jobs, obtain a driver's license, etc. He doesn't have any excuse to mitigate the torture he has committed upon a child and her family.
I hope he is never let out of prison.

All my opinions only.

DEC 4, 2022
[...]

On Saturday, one day after Athena's body was found, Mark Strand posted his thoughts on his loss and his journey to forgiving Horner.

[...]

Read the full post here:

I can’t quiet my mind and I have to share this. A friend just asked me the other day if I believe God speaks to people? I happen to know He does, as He is speaking to me now. This flesh, this man that I am, is angry and I want 5 minutes alone in a cell with the psycho that took our Athena away from us, but there’s a soft gentle voice in the back of my head telling me I need to forgive him. This flesh man, wants that psycho to burn in hell for all eternity, yet that gentle voice continues to tell me, I need to forgive him. This flesh man hopes he remains blind and deaf to the message of salvation and never sets foot in the same heaven that I know in my heart my darling Athena resides in now and yet, that gentle voice persists. Why you ask? Because Hate is a powerful force that will take root in your soul. God wants to protect us all from that hate. Hate is the gateway for the Evil we see growing in the world today. If you stood that man before me right now, because of the hate that’s trying to root itself in my mind, I would probably kill him. Then that hate would root itself in my heart and I would be destroyed. That gentle voice is the Holy Spirit of God speaking to me right now. He’s reminding me that my savior Jesus, willingly laid Himself on a cross and died in my place to reconcile me to God the Father, but also that He did that for All of Us, even this man that my flesh so Hates at this very moment. I am a sinful man, yet I’ve heard this voice before and I miss hearing this voice. If I allow this hate to consume me, that voice will fade and eventually be silenced. Then that ugly spirit of hate will have succeeded and that’s why this gentle voice persists to tell me I need to forgive this man. It’s for my protection and my peace. It’s to set me free from this hate and allow me to continue to hear God’s gentle voice. There’s not one ounce of my flesh that wants to do this or say this, but my spirit has heard God’s voice and right now, while tears flood my eyes, I declare publicly that I forgive this man! Hate will not win. I hope my family will understand that I don’t do this for the sake of this man. I do this for the sake of my family and myself and to Honor the voice of God who is giving me the strength to say this. I do this to honor our precious Athena who knew no hate. This man won’t be allowed any real estate to live in my brain, he belongs to God and God’s justice will done. Love Conquers All and Forgives. Today, I choose Love and hate loses.

[...]

DEC 4, 2022
[...]

On Saturday, one day after Athena's body was found, Mark Strand posted his thoughts on his loss and his journey to forgiving Horner.

[...]

Read the full post here:

I can’t quiet my mind and I have to share this. A friend just asked me the other day if I believe God speaks to people? I happen to know He does, as He is speaking to me now. This flesh, this man that I am, is angry and I want 5 minutes alone in a cell with the psycho that took our Athena away from us, but there’s a soft gentle voice in the back of my head telling me I need to forgive him. This flesh man, wants that psycho to burn in hell for all eternity, yet that gentle voice continues to tell me, I need to forgive him. This flesh man hopes he remains blind and deaf to the message of salvation and never sets foot in the same heaven that I know in my heart my darling Athena resides in now and yet, that gentle voice persists. Why you ask? Because Hate is a powerful force that will take root in your soul. God wants to protect us all from that hate. Hate is the gateway for the Evil we see growing in the world today. If you stood that man before me right now, because of the hate that’s trying to root itself in my mind, I would probably kill him. Then that hate would root itself in my heart and I would be destroyed. That gentle voice is the Holy Spirit of God speaking to me right now. He’s reminding me that my savior Jesus, willingly laid Himself on a cross and died in my place to reconcile me to God the Father, but also that He did that for All of Us, even this man that my flesh so Hates at this very moment. I am a sinful man, yet I’ve heard this voice before and I miss hearing this voice. If I allow this hate to consume me, that voice will fade and eventually be silenced. Then that ugly spirit of hate will have succeeded and that’s why this gentle voice persists to tell me I need to forgive this man. It’s for my protection and my peace. It’s to set me free from this hate and allow me to continue to hear God’s gentle voice. There’s not one ounce of my flesh that wants to do this or say this, but my spirit has heard God’s voice and right now, while tears flood my eyes, I declare publicly that I forgive this man! Hate will not win. I hope my family will understand that I don’t do this for the sake of this man. I do this for the sake of my family and myself and to Honor the voice of God who is giving me the strength to say this. I do this to honor our precious Athena who knew no hate. This man won’t be allowed any real estate to live in my brain, he belongs to God and God’s justice will done. Love Conquers All and Forgives. Today, I choose Love and hate loses.

[...]
Just wow.

DEC 4, 2022
[...]

[...]

Read the full post here:

[...]
Powerful truth and I admire the courage it took to speak it publicly. My thoughts and heartfelt condolences are with Athenas entire family.

strange at Horner's age to graduate from burglary to murder. wonder if this is not his first rodeo
Well he's been accused of rape in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more victims out there. JMO

Please no sexual assault
Being realistic, and following this type thing before, and before, on cases similar to this here on WS, why else would a person kidnap a sweet, pretty child, and then kill her? A seven year old little girl.
My hope is that she was deceased before it happened, if it happened.
At least he is caught and under a whopping bail amount.
She is beyond all evil now. Fly high, sweet, pretty little girl.

Prayers and thanks for the sheriff who was nearly unable to announce the horrible news. Thanks to all who helped search for her, and prayers for all who loved her.

DEC 4, 2022
[...]

A church that was once the staging area for search efforts is now a place of hope and healing as they process the tragedy.

A memorial is growing outside the First Baptist Church of Cottondale not far from where the little girl went missing. It’s the first Sunday service since the news of her death and the community is grappling with how to move forward.

[...]

“Even though we’ve got several acres and there’s a driveway and fences and gates, ‘I’m going to reconsider letting my kids play outside without somebody older watching,’” Pugh recalls some parents saying recently.

Associate Pastor Phil Erickson’s son attended school with Athena and shared a classroom with her.

“I told him now he’s going to go back to school and a lot of his classmates are going to be sad and they’re not going to know how to feel,” said Erickson. “And I said you just be a friend like Athena was a friend to you. You be a friend to them.”

[...]

A candlelight vigil will be held at the church Tuesday evening in honor of Athena.

MOD NOTE:

I’ve personally seen nothing in MSM or a statement from any LE source stating that TH is autistic. At this point in time, it’s irrelevant. Please stop debating about it.

Thanks,

Mad

Attachments

• CA61DF35-3DE6-4CAF-AB1C-BCFC39E1B68B.jpeg
    CA61DF35-3DE6-4CAF-AB1C-BCFC39E1B68B.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 25
He looks pretty calm and composed for someone facing a certain death penalty.
I wonder if there is a part of him that doesn't want to live anymore. Not necessarily out of guilt (although there is a chance he feels a tiny bit of guilt in hindsight) but because the life he leads, and the compulsions, fantasies, obsessions, dual identities that underlie this type of crime, are probably exhausting and feel pathetic and shameful once exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli