Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter if his is a murder charge verses these listed seem minor compared? and thats why its not on that list?
Maybe, although half the list cites "Adult Felony" so it's hard to tell how serious those crimes are. But yeah, there may be another court to search that I haven't found yet. I've been checking Twitter too and nothing currently there either. Frustrating.

Maybe, although half the list cites "Adult Felony" so it's hard to tell how serious those crimes are. But yeah, there may be another court to search that I haven't found yet. I've been checking Twitter too and nothing currently there either. Frustrating.
I looked all the way to the 9th.. Wonder if he got moved to another County? Is that possible?

I've been searching too and find no reporting and no mention of suspect's court appearance. Even if this happens on Zoom, there still should be public record, right? I know nothing about TX law, but possible he's been arraigned in another county due to safety protocol?

I looked all the way to the 9th.. Wonder if he got moved to another County? Is that possible?
Hmmm... I dunno, he's still listed as an inmate in Wise county jail. I'd assumed Athena's body was found in Wise county, supposedly near Boyd so unless they moved him for tighter security/safety he should be in Wise. Even then they'd bring him back for the arraignment, which if I understand has to occur within a certain timeframe. Oh, unless his attorney waived or delayed it. MOO.

To Add:
Art. 26.01. [491] [555] [544] ARRAIGNMENT. In all felony
cases, after indictment, and all misdemeanor cases punishable by
imprisonment, there shall be an arraignment.

Acts 1965, 59th Leg., p. 317, ch. 722, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1966.

Art. 26.011. WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT. An attorney
representing a defendant may present a waiver of arraignment, and
the clerk of the court may not require the presence of the defendant
as a condition of accepting the waiver.

Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 818, Sec. 1, eff. June 14, 2001.

Art. 26.02. [492] [556] [545] PURPOSE OF ARRAIGNMENT. An
arraignment takes place for the purpose of fixing his identity and
hearing his plea.

Acts 1965, 59th Leg., p. 317, ch. 722, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1966.

Art. 26.03. [493] [557] [546] TIME OF ARRAIGNMENT. No
arraignment shall take place until the expiration of at least two
entire days after the day on which a copy of the indictment was
served on the defendant, unless the right to such copy or to such
delay be waived, or unless the defendant is on bail.

It is so sad the times we live in. We can't help but be vigilant and hyper focused. I'm finding myself highly anxious when out and about. Yesterday I felt so uneasy in Walmart I left my buggy in the aisle and went home. As adults we should be able to live our lives. And this world's children should be able to live, play, and grow up to be great adults.
that has happened to me. that bad feeling that makes me just leave. i call it my intuition and i trust it.

If he needs to be psychiatrically assessed before his court appearance could that be the delay?
Not sure how US jails do things but if he is not mentally fit to go to court would the court put him over for a psych assessment?

What’s the question?
Hi @gitana1, thanks for coming on!

The question is: Under Texas law does Athena's killer Tanner Horner have to be indicted by the Grand Jury before he can be arraigned? Msm said he'd make a court appearance today but he's not even on the court docket. We thought it would be an arraignment where he'd make his plea.

I just saw another recent msm report that called it a "detention hearing" in the Google description (but not in the actual article).

Can you explain the process to us? I posted some Texas law info above but dang, we need a real lawyer to 'splain it to us, lol.

Thank you so much!

We can link his FB since he's been arrested for the crime, yes? Well I don't think my link is working. Check out his Tanner L Horner facebook page then filter to May 24, 2012.

Edited: Link wasn't working, this is his FB Log in or sign up to view

If you search his page for "girls" prepared to be grossed out.
He definitely…. Um has a taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member